Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #57,437 of 74,632
Isit d same as d argument with tube amps? Vinyl? Inherently problematic mediums... But still enjoyable.
Long time no hear @Kamen555! How have been your Faaeal Datura Pros... treating you well I hope?

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #57,438 of 74,632
This is great news. Thanks! :beerchug:
I own both models, HE150 and HE150Pro and I think that they have great value in relation to their price.
Can we expect to see HE150 (MX500) back in stock? I definitely vote for this model:thumbsup:🙏
Yep, for my HE150 it is especially interesting,

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #57,439 of 74,632
I am going to order SMABAT M0 Driver Modules (+ Shell) with 40 Ohms version. There are few reviews on Head-Fi and other places also and each of them mentioned that it is very thin sounding and lacks bass and no sub-bass. Is that so? Only that these all reviews are for 20 Ohms version and not 40 Ohms so I am not sire if that will make big difference.

If we compare to Monk Plus, how good they are? Considering I am going to spend 3-4 times more price for these (after discount around 28 AUD for Driver + Shell and 15 AUD for Cable which is still on the way).

Is there any review of 40 Ohms or any comparison? I received Rays4 MMCX Earbud and one cable which I ordered from ebay. Cable is not very soft and slightly stiff. Sound is not bad and it may open little after some more listening. But if I want to order SMABAT M0, how good it will be considering they are expensive.

Also, any comparison or review on Monk Plus SPC Version? Is it much better than Monk Plus Smoke Standard version and worth ordering? Pls suggest. Thanks.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smabat-m2s-pro.25238/reviews
you could try asking over here? the review by cappuchino mentioned this...

M0/M2s Pro Experiment…

So, I decided to swap out the drivers of the two earbuds and here are my short impressions:

> M0 driver in M2s Pro shell – suffocated, muffled midrange with the still bright treble tuning with a perceived increase in bass quantity, particularly mid-bass.

> M2s Pro driver in M0 shell – similar to the initial pair, midrange sounded muffled. Interestingly, it is also significantly bassier.

The changes in sound due to the shell swap is eerily similar. Now, does this mean that they use the same drivers only with a different impedance? Don’t know. There are also a lot of factors – the indicated impedance (20 vs. 40), how much space the chamber has (resonance and such, as well), how thin/thick the tuning cotton is, damping filter in the vent, as well as the venting itself among others. All of these can affect the sound one way or another. However, I am sure of one thing - the two earbuds are way better when they’re in their respective shells. How far the buds can go with some effort on tuning is something that is up to the wise ones (i.e., those knowledgeable in modding and stuff; awesome individuals).

and if i'm not wrong, that 40 Ohms driver is pretty much the one used in the M2s Pro?

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #57,440 of 74,632
Hello everyone,
Because many customers sent emails saying that they wanted HE150Pro, the HE150Pro earbud shell was used up, so it was discontinued. I asked the manufacturer to produce some, it is ready now, but the shell color has been changed from black to brown, There is no HE LOGO on the earbud shell, but changed to TY.

https://penonaudio.com/he-150pro.html

:)

TY 150Pro-New.jpg
I daresay this brown shell looks many times better than the original.

And yes, if the HE150 were made available again, it'd be great.

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #57,441 of 74,632
I am going to order SMABAT M0 Driver Modules (+ Shell) with 40 Ohms version. There are few reviews on Head-Fi and other places also and each of them mentioned that it is very thin sounding and lacks bass and no sub-bass. Is that so? Only that these all reviews are for 20 Ohms version and not 40 Ohms so I am not sire if that will make big difference.
Aside from ronion's testamonials in this thread the second review listed here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smabat-m0.25277/reviews . By JasonLucas mentions the driver swap in both the text and his video review. The black driver is the 40ohm one which he mentions in the video.

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #57,442 of 74,632
Hello everyone,
Because many customers sent emails saying that they wanted HE150Pro, the HE150Pro earbud shell was used up, so it was discontinued. I asked the manufacturer to produce some, it is ready now, but the shell color has been changed from black to brown, There is no HE LOGO on the earbud shell, but changed to TY.

TY 150Pro-New.jpg
I agree with others and eagerly wait if mx500 HE150 will be available again 🙏🙏🙏.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #57,443 of 74,632
Anybody tried the ISN Rambo II? I have seen a review and it seems very good.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #57,444 of 74,632
Hello everyone,

This is great news for sure.
What about the model he150?

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #57,446 of 74,632
I'm doing OK in dese pandemic times. Hope ur doing well too.

D Datura Pro is still on regular rotation in my listening sessions, so I'll say they r still good to me. 😊 Haven't gotten tired of them yet.
Assuming you haven't been lurking, here are a number of interesting earbuds released since you have been away that may be of interest to you... many of which priced at a steal.

2020 - Ks Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs (30Ω; aka "New Little Black Bell S")​
2020 - Shozy SG (32Ω; first production were 36Ω)​
2021 - Faaeal Iris Ancestor (32Ω)​
2021 - JCALLY EP09 (32Ω)​
2021 - Q'labs #5 (32Ω; Red Concept)​
2021 - Smabat M0 (20Ω; DIY Modular Earbud)​
2021 - Smabat M2s Pro (40Ω; Modular Earbud)​
2021 - Shozy Cygnus II (32Ω)​
2021 - VE Monk Slim Metal PK Standard Edition (32Ω; aka "Monk SM") --- I haven't heard these yet ---​
2021 - NiceHCK B40 v2021 (32Ω; w/ or w/o mic... yes, the almighty B40 is back again!) --- I haven't heard these yet ---​
Hopefully, a few others will chime in with anything that I might have inadvertently missed.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #57,447 of 74,632
A preview of what is happening over on the Blur Lovers Thread

1629810428292.png

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #57,448 of 74,632

Depends what you want out of earbuds, I'd recommend against the ISN Rambo II largely due to comfort (heavy metal shells are hard to keep in place), the overall sound isn't bad but nothing that really makes it worth its price, especially compared to something like the yincrow x6.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #57,449 of 74,632
It is good for vocals, but doesn't worth its price.

Some of the reviews I've read on them don't match what they are (my set is not faulty).

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #57,450 of 74,632
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smabat-m2s-pro.25238/reviews
you could try asking over here? the review by cappuchino mentioned this...

and if i'm not wrong, that 40 Ohms driver is pretty much the one used in the M2s Pro?

Aside from ronion's testamonials in this thread the second review listed here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/smabat-m0.25277/reviews . By JasonLucas mentions the driver swap in both the text and his video review. The black driver is the 40ohm one which he mentions in the video.

Thanks for sharing the review links. Not too sure if they will use higher price driver for lower price earbuds but overall the review is confusing. Driver Swap may not be possible as no one will buy both earbuds just to test how Driver Swap in different shell works.

Also, I now feel that as these Earbud Manufacturer provide such an expensive earbuds free to many people just to write review, they may not be able to write 100% True review. It is not possible for anyone that he gives honest opinion for something he gets for free. It is like Celebrities endorsing the products they may never use but still say this is great.

In both the reviews, they did not give any honest opinion if one should spend such a big amount to buy these earbuds o not? At few places they say it is good, and few places they say thin sounding. Then say Bass is there, then say it is not not there, clarity is there, but not there.

No comparison with Monk+ or any other earbuds which many people use. It is very difficult to rely on these paid reviews in my opinion. Let's see if I can still take risk of buying M0 40 Ohms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back