Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #56,402 of 75,125
Ha ha for sure!!!
hypoallergenic scent free detergent in case anyone was wondering…
I guess there really IS a hands off approach to washing those foams.

Well, that is solved. Now we just need to figure out what happens to all those socks that somehow end up losing their mate in the dryer?!

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #56,403 of 75,125
Query: I noticed that there are many options of JCALLY Earbuds. EP01, EP02, EP05, EP08 and EP09. Not sure if there are 04, 06 etc. also there or not. My query is, which is the best in them in terms of sound quality and build quality. Also, EP05 has MMCX Connector Cable, however, I am not sure abt the cable quality and also do not like L Shape 3.5mm Plug and prefer straight one. Is it possible to buy only the Earbud and not cable if I decide to buy EP05? Otherwise which is better option for beautiful Airy sound with good Bass and clear but not harsh vocals and trebles.

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #56,404 of 75,125
PXL_20210725_192908090__01.jpg

Now this is a nice, mellow combo for a Sunday afternoon. The M2s foams are starting to get softer and more plush. Midbass is starting to round out, though there's still too much of a hump trough in the upper bass that's throwing my ears off. There's some really close moments with strummed acoustic guitars here until you realize some of the fundamentals aren't there. It's close, though, and really impressive if your ears aren't quite as spoiled.

For under $100, though, it's an amazing performance. I highly recommend :)
I've been listening to classical piano music with this combo (120Ohm driver) for a full battery length on the Little Bear and it's the closest thing I've had to a religious experience in a while. I needed it! Can you delve more deeply into the difference(s) with the better op amps and have you tried others?

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #56,406 of 75,125
My prediction for 2025 is that the "Earbud" cycle will be a standard feature on all high end washing machines with lesser machines equipped with and "IEM" mode internationally. Just saying.

Haha. You can get an IEM vacuum, now all I need is a desktop earbud washing machine. Make it happen Venture Electronics!

Jul 26, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #56,408 of 75,125
Query: I noticed that there are many options of JCALLY Earbuds. EP01, EP02, EP05, EP08 and EP09. Not sure if there are 04, 06 etc. also there or not. My query is, which is the best in them in terms of sound quality and build quality. Also, EP05 has MMCX Connector Cable, however, I am not sure abt the cable quality and also do not like L Shape 3.5mm Plug and prefer straight one. Is it possible to buy only the Earbud and not cable if I decide to buy EP05? Otherwise which is better option for beautiful Airy sound with good Bass and clear but not harsh vocals and trebles.
  • source: (DAC/AMP/DAP/PC/smartphone)
  • preferred connection: straight 3.5SE (3.5mm unbalanced)
  • listening level & time: (volume and for how long)
  • listening environment: (mobile/office desk/home desktop/listening room)
  • preferred sound signature: neutral to warm; w/ bass; not bright
  • preferred genre: (rock, heavy metal, pop, classical, OST, hip-hop, R&B, Korean-Pop, EDM, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.)
  • preferred shell type: JCALLY Pseudo-Bell = Type IV: Other Variant
  • price range: JCALLY = >USD35

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #56,409 of 75,125
Just want to give some impressions on the somehow hyped Faaeal Iris Ancestor(Clear Black).

Initial listen is that it sounds too smooth and congested for my taste.
Tried to threw some songs from Men I Trust and IU, and somehow immediately noticed something wonky with the vocals specifically.
Female vocals sounded too recessed and somehow disjointed.
A/Bing with my <10$ earbud benchmark, the Kube V1(Orange),
the vocals sounds more fuller, more resolving and better timbre on the Kube.

Overall, probably one of the worst transducer I have heard along with the BIE.

For reference, here is my ranking for the <10$ earbuds so far:
Kube V1(Orange) >>> Tingo TC200 > Yincrow X6(w/EQ) > Vido > Faaeal Iris Ancestor

Also received the M2s pro though I haven't tried it yet, will try to compare it with my current best basshead earbud, the Willsound Mk2 in the coming days.:L3000:

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #56,410 of 75,125
Some goodies I bought from the last sale have come in the mail.

(I smuggled them in when the wife went out to the market shhhhhh).

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-26 at 21.57.07.jpeg

Ok we won't talk about the E1DA 9038D dongle, but suffice to say, that dongle is a beast that can drive anything from high sensitivity low impedance multi driver IEMs to highly demanding headphones, very neutralish and great technicalities too. Zero hiss with a dark background, but it is a power hog haha.

Ok so the 150 ohm Black Gold drivers are the focus here. Yes I've put them in the M2S Pro shell. It does have a tinge more subbass than the original M2S Pro drivers.

So the million dollar question is does the M2S Pro 150 ohm combination sound the same as the original SMABAT ST10S Black Gold?
Doing some A/B testing of the M2S Pro 150 ohm driver versus the original SMABAT ST10S Black Gold, both have good subbass extension that can rival non basshead IEMs, but the M2S Pro 150 ohm doesn't sound exactly the same as the original Black Gold in tonality. In terms of technicalities, they are thereabouts, but the M2S Pro 150 ohm is still brighter with a more pronounced upper mids/treble and thinner note weight and more clarity. The original Black Gold is warmer and thicker in note weight. This is with full foams on both of em, and when volume matched and when amped.

So the shell housing/material and perhaps dampers inside do affect the sound, even with the same drivers used.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #56,411 of 75,125
(I smuggled them in when the wife went out to the market shhhhhh).

This made me giggle. Can relate. Everything costs 10 bucks for me 😂

Congrats! I love my golden driver on M2S pro :) hope you like it too

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #56,412 of 75,125
So the shell housing/material and perhaps dampers inside do affect the sound, even with the same drivers used.
Exactly.
You don't have to think twice. If there is already a difference between the M2 Pro and M2s Pro models (with the same driver)
then there is nothing to discuss when it comes to shells that are different in every way

If your wife see your post you will probably feel a "greater power of impact" on your back than it has E1DA 9038D :joy:
BTW... congrats! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #56,413 of 75,125
I've been listening to classical piano music with this combo (120Ohm driver) for a full battery length on the Little Bear and it's the closest thing I've had to a religious experience in a while. I needed it! Can you delve more deeply into the difference(s) with the better op amps and have you tried others?
Not so much the differences between, but here's a good writeup from Sparkos as to why they matter:

https://sparkoslabs.com/discrete-op-amps/

I'll leave someone more experienced than I to explain the differences between a MUSES02 and V6 Vivid, but the biggest differentiator in our cases seems to be power handling. I had a choice between the V5i-D and the V6 to test out, but since this is a battery-powered unit, didn't want to affect battery life too much and opted for the V5i-D.

But these tubes do wonderful things to guitars, strings, and pianos (the grander, the greater). Throw some cello tracks on it and get ready for chills:

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #56,414 of 75,125
Not so much the differences between, but here's a good writeup from Sparkos as to why they matter:

https://sparkoslabs.com/discrete-op-amps/

I'll leave someone more experienced than I to explain the differences between a MUSES02 and V6 Vivid, but the biggest differentiator in our cases seems to be power handling. I had a choice between the V5i-D and the V6 to test out, but since this is a battery-powered unit, didn't want to affect battery life too much and opted for the V5i-D.

But these tubes do wonderful things to guitars, strings, and pianos (the grander, the greater). Throw some cello tracks on it and get ready for chills:

Thank you for sharing that Rose Riebl piano track. I bought it!

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #56,415 of 75,125
Thank you for sharing that Rose Riebl piano track. I bought it!
Was trying to figure out who would appreciate it. Glad you did! This is just beautiful music. Album is in my buy queue as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back