Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #55,741 of 75,119
Arrived yesterday. Working well so far. :joy: Haven't spend too much time comparing them though, but the nylon braided cable is soft and pliable, and the shells are way lighter that I thought they would be. They feel almost weightless in my ear. Sound wise, need to spend more time with them, but I think they have a relatively neutral tuning with a hint of brightness? Haven't tried TOTL earbuds (or even that many earbuds), but amongst all the buds i've tried, these probably have the best detail retrieval and clarity. Might not suit those looking for that warmer and more analogue sounding earbuds sound though. These are just my initial impressions though, need to spend more time with them for sure, but so far I don't feel like I've wasted money at least. :grin:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 13.44.11.png
Bright neutral? Then that's definitely different from the lbb.

(did you use full foams?)

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #55,742 of 75,119
Bright neutral? Then that's definitely different from the lbb.

(did you use full foams?)
I'm using the included white coloured full foams, but they do seem pretty thin though. They sound a tad brighter compared to the Nicehck ME80 at least based on a quick comparison, though probably still more neutral than bright I think.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #55,743 of 75,119
I'm using the included white coloured full foams, but they do seem pretty thin though. They sound a tad brighter compared to the Nicehck ME80 at least based on a quick comparison, though probably still more neutral than bright I think.
You can put donut foam on your white full foam in order to increase bass and sub-bass.
I call this formations of foam "Double foam".

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #55,744 of 75,119
You can put donut foam on your white full foam in order to increase bass and sub-bass.
I call this formation of foam "Double foam".
I might try that eventually and experiment more with foams later but i'm quite fine with the amount of bass even with one full foams. :grin:

As usual, earbuds are so enjoyable for me with these live performance. :L3000:

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #55,745 of 75,119
Then I suggest you check out the 120 ohm version of the Lite. It's like a whole different beast. @DBaldock9 would agree, I think.

I like the Midrange & Treble of my 120-Ω VE Monk Lite (Silver/White) w/3.5mm TRS SPC cable, but do think I prefer the fuller sound (more Bass) of the 150-Ω VE Zen Lite L Standard w/2.5mm TRRS. Both sets are the same smaller "PK" style of earbuds.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #55,746 of 75,119
I like the Midrange & Treble of my 120-Ω VE Monk Lite (Silver/White) w/3.5mm TRS SPC cable, but do think I prefer the fuller sound (more Bass) of the 150-Ω VE Zen Lite L Standard w/2.5mm TRRS. Both sets are the same smaller "PK" style of earbuds.
By smaller "PK" style, you mean Qian39 style, right? :slight_smile:

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #55,747 of 75,119
Jul 1, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #55,748 of 75,119
Just received KBear Stellar Earbuds. Initial expression is not that good. Little Bit Thin Sounding and I guess the Driver is not 15.4mm also . I Put Two Foam so slightly better but not that something I really like. Build Quality is decent. But lacks Airyness and Bass and Warmth. Including delivery, I guess it is expensive at $15 AUD.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #55,749 of 75,119
Alright folks, I throw in the towel with the FiiO EM5. I'm going to return them. I don't even want to continue burning them in when I could be spending that listening time on buds I actually enjoy and do my library more justice. Even with EQ and foam rolling and such, I can't get over the claustrophobic, compressed, muffled feeling. Even though it can present some genres and instruments well (jazz and not-electronic produced hiphop, for example) really well, it doesn't fit with the rest of my library. On most songs I'm finding even the NiceHCK ME80 is beating it out in overall enjoyment. I think it's because the sound signature feels unnatural above the lows. It just doesn't sound right. I know it's very well regarded with some bud enthusiasts so if you can, I'd buy it from Amazon to audition first before committing. If you like the sound it should only get better with burn ini so that would be when you'd commit to keep. But if you can't get into the tuning I don't think tip rolling, EQ, etc can save it.

As an aside, man, I really wish NiceHCK would do something with the ME80 again. It actually does have the best fit (I redact my statement about the EM5 having the best fit, it's just light weight and the cable is better) and sounds like 80% of the way there to the EBX21 in technicalities maybe but the extra presence in the low end really helps balance everything out and makes for a more enjoyable experience. The EBX21 is like 80% of the way there to the Chaconne in the upper region but the rest of the 20% is worth it on the Chaconne IMO, I can see why Rikudou rates it S+, even though the tuning is not really my preference (I like almost V-shape or sub-bass boosted harman neutral, definitely not a treble head).

Of my current buds I think I'm at:

Moondrop Chaconne >> NiceHCK ME80 = NiceHCK EBX21 >> FiiO EM5

If I had to keep 2, it would be the Chaconne (vocals/ballads/balanced) and ME80 (everything else/3.5mm single ended devices). If I had to keep one, it would be the ME80 (which I had BEFORE i entered this thread. hundreds of dollars earlier).

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #55,750 of 75,119
I like the earbuds of Onmyoji for DAP and LBBS for mobile phone so much that I have used only them in the last two weeks.

Onmyoji LBBS.jpg

I would love to post about how much I love their sound but I don't have the talent.

So instead, I'd like to give you an English translation of Onmyoji's and LBBS's review from the following "Kaiser Flathead Series Detailed Crossover Review of Onmyoji Smurf White Bell White Bell Bass Little Black Bell S Reincarnation Jedi Reincarnation" that I've mentioned before.

https://post.smzdm.com/p/a830k83l/

Onmyoji
======

Tags: full range high energy, balance, airiness, liveliness, transparency, strong dynamic resolution, vocal toxicity, natural resonance, muted.

What I wrote at the beginning about Onmyoji is that it is the sound that best represents K's sound architecture.
Overall, I rate the Onmyoji as a relatively flawless earbuds.
The first thing that runs through the K's sound tuning style is a large, loose, transparent soundstage for durable listening pleasure.
The tone is then built on this base scene. Onmyoji is based on a large soundstage with both transparent and airy highs, ambient lows and a characteristically very airy midrange.
Not overly tinted, yet still easy to listen to. It is very clinical.
The sound is very dense, yet airy, allowing the listener to understand the white space.
This yin and yang approach gives you the feeling of really swimming. You can listen to all kinds of music with ease.
On the vocal side, you can hear everything from rap to hi-fi audiophile vocals, making Onmyoji the best earbuds on the market.
This is because it is as refreshing as drinking a cup of fresh tea. It's this rawness that allows you to sing the most vibrant raps, but also the most sophisticated godfathers, without breaking the harmony.
Listening to the strings, big compilations and dynamics, the sense of form, separation, dynamics, transients and lines are all at Flathead's flagship level, with the scraped string sounds and vocals coexisting perfectly.
This freshness is a true masterstroke.

Little Black Bell S (LBBS)
====================

Tags: aggressive value for money, sound architecture like Onmyoji, material savings and must be Onmyoji, personal quantification could have 70% of Onmyoji's power. The density and control of the vocals are not as good, but the size summary is much more playful than the price range. They feel good to wear and are not too expensive, making them good value for money, whether you are listening to them yourself or giving them as a gift to a loved one.

Little Black Bell S This earbuds must be highly recommended now. Because the value for money is so obvious.
Between the quality of the music from the sub-flagship of the ear to the flagship, this price range is simply a bomb in deep water, firstly, not for the lower price range, and cuts the sense of range, transparency and resolution.
I think he reproduces more faithfully the tone, backbone and scale similar to Onmyoji.
Of course, those with extraordinarily good ears will be able to distinguish the soundstage, transparency and resolution or Onmyoji, but those with mediocre ears will undoubtedly be misled. My wife has normal ears and she can't hear much difference between the Little Black Bell S and the Onmyoji on certain songs on her mobile phone.
Then, of course, the quality and control of the hardware is still not as good as Onmyoji's, and the vocals are a bit thinner and less dense than his.
The overall sound reference shade reviews, tone and sound architecture etc are similar.
What is there is never lost. You can think of the Onmyoji as the Buddha wall of famous and expensive materials, and the Little Black Bell S as the Buddha wall of the chef's internal everyday cooking with humble materials.
Overall, these earbuds are the best push.
It is ideal for those who want to have a crossover expectation despite its entry price. The sound is well balanced and suitable for any kind of music performance.
Only have the LBBS. But that describes it very well. Especially the fit. It just kinda floats there.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #55,752 of 75,119
Alright folks, I throw in the towel with the FiiO EM5. I'm going to return them. I don't even want to continue burning them in when I could be spending that listening time on buds I actually enjoy and do my library more justice. Even with EQ and foam rolling and such, I can't get over the claustrophobic, compressed, muffled feeling. Even though it can present some genres and instruments well (jazz and not-electronic produced hiphop, for example) really well, it doesn't fit with the rest of my library. On most songs I'm finding even the NiceHCK ME80 is beating it out in overall enjoyment. I think it's because the sound signature feels unnatural above the lows. It just doesn't sound right. I know it's very well regarded with some bud enthusiasts so if you can, I'd buy it from Amazon to audition first before committing. If you like the sound it should only get better with burn ini so that would be when you'd commit to keep. But if you can't get into the tuning I don't think tip rolling, EQ, etc can save it.

As an aside, man, I really wish NiceHCK would do something with the ME80 again. It actually does have the best fit (I redact my statement about the EM5 having the best fit, it's just light weight and the cable is better) and sounds like 80% of the way there to the EBX21 in technicalities maybe but the extra presence in the low end really helps balance everything out and makes for a more enjoyable experience. The EBX21 is like 80% of the way there to the Chaconne in the upper region but the rest of the 20% is worth it on the Chaconne IMO, I can see why Rikudou rates it S+, even though the tuning is not really my preference (I like almost V-shape or sub-bass boosted harman neutral, definitely not a treble head).

Of my current buds I think I'm at:

Moondrop Chaconne >> NiceHCK ME80 = NiceHCK EBX21 >> FiiO EM5

If I had to keep 2, it would be the Chaconne (vocals/ballads/balanced) and ME80 (everything else/3.5mm single ended devices). If I had to keep one, it would be the ME80 (which I had BEFORE i entered this thread. hundreds of dollars earlier).
I wish I could get/try the famed NiceHCK ME80 as well as the Datura Pro (eq'd) :frowning2:...

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #55,753 of 75,119
Danno here. Finally made it here from Hifiguides. Much more exciting and lively
Welcome to the fold Danno! Here you be forewarned that "this be a very deep rabbit hole!" Please click HERE

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #55,755 of 75,119
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-02 at 13.59.34.jpeg

Ok I have joined the @RikudouGoku Yincrow X6 cult. The hype is real guys.

Bought a 2nd hand unit today, everything King @RikudouGoku says is legit. This set really really reminds me of the BLON BL-03 of the earbuds world - excellent tonality and timbre, but maybe not the best technicalities and with a bit of a midbass bleed. During some complex instrumentation or fast phases in music, the driver does struggle a bit to keep up, kinda like the BLON BL-03, but the tuning otherwise makes up for it.

In a nutshell, the X6 is a warm bassy set, but the bass is rather textured actually, is extends quite well and is quite delicious sounding. Not the one note boomy bass that is common in budget earbuds. As discussed, there's a bit of a midbass bleed, but this adds to the lower mids warmth. Upper mids and treble are smooth and non fatiguing, not shouty or banshee like unlike some other classic CHIFI tuning. But in view of the smoother tuning, there's some loss of microdetails as a tradeoff, though this bud can be used for hours without fatigue.

I didn't really like the cable though, in addition to being fixed, it is rather tangly and slightly microphonic, but something's gotta give for the price of $12 USD.

Recommended for those that want a bassy smooth and warm set for musical enjoyment. If there is a earbud that has a similar tonality and timbre, but with superior technicalities, I think it will sell like hotcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back