Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #55,696 of 75,138
:joy: :joy: :joy: Why would anyone do that.
It's like putting out a fire with gasoline
Even Balanced (2.5) -> Balanced (4.4)I don't see fine, vice versa is ok

Are you talking about 2.5 in the source? In that case, I agree. 2.5 in the cable and 4.4 in the source is working perfectly for me, as I can use 2.5 in Hiby R3 Pro and 4.4 with Dunu adapter, or even the Hiby impedance adapter, depending of the headphone, in the A50s.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #55,697 of 75,138
Are you talking about 2.5 in the source? In that case, I agree. 2.5 in the cable and 4.4 in the source is working perfectly for me, as I can use 2.5 in Hiby R3 Pro and 4.4 with Dunu adapter, or even the Hiby impedance adapter, depending of the headphone, in the A50s.
Yup 2.5mm (male) to 4.4mm (female)

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #55,698 of 75,138
They're trying to sweeten the transition, with coupons equivalent to the VAT for small purchases (5, 10 €), but for EU citizens this is a drastic change, no doubt.

Yeah... It's 2 much... Well, I contacted Lee and we tried to figure a way around it. But not sure it will work. For every 500€ spent, i'll have to pay 115€ in taxes now... Will go back to using amazon more for IEMs etc, for sure. For earbuds... Well, maybe it's a reason to spend less now :D

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #55,699 of 75,138
Anybody know if there is sound difference between Zen LL and SLQ version? Or it just the cable?

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #55,700 of 75,138
Aliexpress is now taxing VAT. Adds 23% on my country. RIP
As of today the new VAT laws are in effect in the EU, which basically means we pay VAT for everything regardless of value, the days of wine and roses are over.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=6916c263-8b67-4f7b-8135-917c7e53834b

4. VAT also due on purchases of low value

In principle, all goods imported into the EU are subject to VAT. However, at this moment shipments with low value (maximum EUR 22) from outside the EU to customers within the EU, are exempt from VAT.

This exception will also be abolished.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #55,701 of 75,138
As of today the new VAT laws are in effect in the EU, which basically means we pay VAT for everything regardless of value, the days of wine and roses are over.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=6916c263-8b67-4f7b-8135-917c7e53834b

4. VAT also due on purchases of low value

In principle, all goods imported into the EU are subject to VAT. However, at this moment shipments with low value (maximum EUR 22) from outside the EU to customers within the EU, are exempt from VAT.

This exception will also be abolished.

It wasnt smart from my side. I work in the accounting area and saw this comming for my clients, but never tought on how it affects our addiction, lol..

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #55,702 of 75,138
I concur with all of the above. Love the Shoonth ESEP-01BL sound, but not so much the cable. Below is an image of me holding up my pair. Just a little bit stiff lol! But that doesn't stop me from using them every night in bed.
That reminds me of a DIY Docomo black that I have. Not much info on it except that it came in a black carry pouch labelled 'S1 Audio'. Cable is almost wire-like and is very stiff. If I coil/wind it up as I normally do with other buds and leave it for a day or two, it'll stay coiled haha. Then I have to leave it hanging straight down from somewhere to make it more or less manageable & straight again. Sounds good, tho...just wish the cable was better.

Also, RY4S. MMCX mod is very simple to do, but to be honest it seems very ugly (disrupts aesthetics).
This type of mmcx implementation is good starting point for MX500 shells.
Looks like the shell is shortened. Won't that affect the SS?

Poor low end (too open in front of driver) and fit are the main issue of this earbud design.
Concur. My Hessian Ansata (non-pro) sounds good but gave me all sorts of grief with regard to fit & comfort.

Concur. I highly doubt I will ever buy a Ks product again. The brand is now on my "no-no" list along with xDuoo, Audeze, Grado, and Jamo.
May I know your negative experience with Grado & Jamo, specifically?

The lite on the other hand is still with me due to that unique shell, tried using it with the Schiit Asgard 3, still sounds really bad....
Which version of the Lite do you have, the standard 40 ohm or the 120 ohm? The latter is one of my all time favourite buds. It is 'almost' perfect with the exception of the cable. For $20, it's acceptable tho and I really love it.

Just received my Faaeal Rosemary and Iris. Impressed with both but absolutely loving the Rosemary out of the C9. Perfect expression of strings and wind instruments. I'm in love!
Grats! Do you find the Rosemary to be very warm & smooth? It's been a while since I put mine on, might just do it soon.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #55,703 of 75,138
Which version of the Lite do you have, the standard 40 ohm or the 120 ohm? The latter is one of my all time favourite buds. It is 'almost' perfect with the exception of the cable. For $20, it's acceptable tho and I really love it.
I got the standard, I got them in a bundle including one of their dongles, Monk lite/plus and Bonus IE.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #55,705 of 75,138
Then I suggest you check out the 120 ohm version of the Lite. It's like a whole different beast. @DBaldock9 would agree, I think.
Not interested in more buds atm, especially since I got 5 buds on the way from the last sale lol.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #55,707 of 75,138
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #55,708 of 75,138
Looks like the shell is shortened. Won't that affect the SS?
This is a modded version, of course it will affect the SS but not because it is shorter than because the bass port is closed. You need to open bass port on another place :wink:

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #55,709 of 75,138
Let's :beerchug: to that!
Let's. :beerchug:

I see some unscrupulous shops selling this single ended to balanced adapters actually. I think those who are new to the hobby will end up spoiling their sources with it.

Let's call it the audiophile natural selection :wink:

Btw. yes, these adapters can be troublesome.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 1, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #55,710 of 75,138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back