Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #55,306 of 75,144
Please meet Blur's newest model the Special - Limited Ultimate Basshead Edition Blur 256 White Face (PK 16Ω; No. 1)
More information and pics are over on the Blur Earbuds Lovers thread here

Blur PK16 White Face.jpg
Very interesting. If only I had a social media account I could make inquiries.

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #55,307 of 75,144
alright nerds, i placed an order for the Fiio EM5 just to satisfy the curiosity and take advantage of free returns on amazon. i hear they need three decades of burn in though so i'll do my best within the 30 day return period. but my hope is that i can have a really versatile stable of buds between the EBX21 (best fit and cable versatility), Chaconne (really good upper mid and treble), EM5 (cable termination versatility and maybe satisfying low end).

I am still new to earbuds and kinda don't want to spend a lot of time waiting on trying cheaper buds which is why I'm willing to go TOTL and hopefully not visit this thread for another 5 years, but part of me thinks I'd have have been fine with X6s and ME80s this whole time lol

edit: also, current tip rolling im messing with on the chaconne is silicone ring then single thick donut foam. Bass isn't as full but I get that nice clarity and the fit security is a lot better with the silicone's extra grip :) Otherwise, foamies would move around especially with how heavy the chaconne are
You inspired me.
Just ordered the em5.
The price drop and return possibility convinced me.
Been really curious about it for a couple of months so now I’ll get to find out for myself.
I’m very interested in hearing how it stacks up to the swd2+ and all my blurs.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #55,309 of 75,144
Btw, any news on the Bell-Ti Onmyoji 2021?

1624317083266.png

Any info on the price or release date?

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #55,312 of 75,144
Jun 22, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #55,313 of 75,144
FYI everyone.

Just found out that Moondrop Chaconne's actual name is 夏空,pronounced in 'xia kong', which loosely sounds like 'chaconne'.
夏空 means Summer Sky in translation. Which I personally think is a much nicer name. Moondrop Summer Sky.

Oh, since I'm on the topic(im sure someone mentioned this before, seeing how big moondrop is, as a brand).

Moondrop's chinese name is 水月雨 (shui yue yu), word for word translation is water moon rain.
水 = water
月 = moon
雨 = rain

My own interpretation on how they got the name:
from water and rain, we can get rain drop, add in the moon => moon drop.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #55,314 of 75,144
Okay, so my NiceHCK PK1 arrived today (same drivers as the NiceHCK MX500). I'm testing it out now and the first thing that I noticed was that the clarity seems to be significantly worse than the Ksearphone Little black bell S. With the earphones plugged into my Fiio Q1 (the old version, mark 1)...i'm not sure how to describe this, but everything sounds softer and harder to hear somehow. I actually had to crank up the volume on the DAC with the PK1. With the LBBS, everything sounded very clear at a lower volume.

Anyone might know why? Is it because the LBBS is 30 ohms while the PK1 is 16 ohms?

Edit : After cranking up the volume, the PK1 does sound much better than my initial impressions.

The LBBS definately has much better bass than the PK1 as well. I can definately say that the LBBS sounds much better than the yuin pk2s i was using (the one with the gray color logo, according to nightrhyme, the yuins with the white color logo sound much better, but i dont have one to test that). Im not sure if the PK1 sounds better than the yuin pk2s yet.

That said the PK1 is a $15 earbud so the fact that it can compete with much higher priced earbuds is pretty amazing in of itself. I got my LBBS on sale for about $30 USD so I dont feel like I overpaid at all for the quality. These are just my initial impressions which may change...going to keep testing these. I don't know how to describe the sound i'm hearing properly though (terms like treble, etc), does anyone have any tips for that?

Some misc observations :

-The LBBS are smaller than usual, but it fits me fine. I prefer the PK shell though in terms of fit and comfort. The design of the LBBS shell makes it rather awkard to pick up, I find the PK shell easier to pick up. If you find the LBBS too small, try using foams to improve the fit.

-One thing I dont like about the LBBS is that the metallic part gets cold easily compared to the plastic PK shell, which is kind of annoying in air conditioned environments. Not a big deal though.

-The braided cable of the PK1 is very rough to the touch, the LBBS has a smooth cable which definately wins here.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #55,315 of 75,144
It's the "Black White version" that I bought months ago.
It's been out since the start of 2021, and this latest version should be the one that the NiceHCK store is selling at the moment.

For the 2021 version, the Ks logo (which indicates right side) is now on the silver color earbud, instead of the black on the old version.
There's also been changes in the plug & wooden box design, and reportedly a very slightly thinner chamber, as well as improvement in the sound.

I've only heard the 2021 version, so I can't comment on the sound improvement part.
oh, lol.

Haha @RikudouGoku are u by any chance referring to the TRN X6 IEM?
That was a flop in most reviews :k701smile:
Ironically, I dont even have any TRN products (maybe one or 2 cables though). Yincrow X6 it is and you need one as well. :joy:

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #55,316 of 75,144
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a little confused by the DIY concept.

I have strange ears, LOL, and have trouble making normal in-ears fit - I usually have to turn them upside down to get any kind of seal, and IEMs are out of the question. Anyway, I would like to try some cheap buds to see if they work better for my peculiar anatomy. If they do, I have a whole new world opened up before me! I'm considering:

Fengru EMX500
Fengru TC200
Faael Snow Lotus
VE Monk Plus
Audio Technica ATH-C505
KBear Stellar
Moondrop ShiroYuki
Ty Hi-Z

Wow, sorry, that's quite a list -- and I know there's like a gazillion more out there. All of these are available and fairly cheap here in Thailand, but the Fengru product listings in particular always say something like DIY Fengru Tingo TC200 or DIY Fengru EMX500.

Does DIY mean that these are Fengru copies? Or can I probably assume they are made by Fengru? Is this even a sensical question? I'm interested because people around here seem to really love the EMX500 and the TC200, and I guess I would want the real article.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information you can provide, and please feel free to offer opinions on my choices or any other suggestions.

PS: I posted almost the same questions on the >>Absolute best budget earbuds?<< thread - not sure if that's ok...

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #55,317 of 75,144
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a little confused by the DIY concept.

I have strange ears, LOL, and have trouble making normal in-ears fit - I usually have to turn them upside down to get any kind of seal, and IEMs are out of the question. Anyway, I would like to try some cheap buds to see if they work better for my peculiar anatomy. If they do, I have a whole new world opened up before me! I'm considering:

Fengru EMX500
Fengru TC200
Faael Snow Lotus
VE Monk Plus
Audio Technica ATH-C505
KBear Stellar
Moondrop ShiroYuki
Ty Hi-Z

Wow, sorry, that's quite a list -- and I know there's like a gazillion more out there. All of these are available and fairly cheap here in Thailand, but the Fengru product listings in particular always say something like DIY Fengru Tingo TC200 or DIY Fengru EMX500.

Does DIY mean that these are Fengru copies? Or can I probably assume they are made by Fengru? Is this even a sensical question? I'm interested because people around here seem to really love the EMX500 and the TC200, and I guess I would want the real article.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information you can provide, and please feel free to offer opinions on my choices or any other suggestions.

PS: I posted almost the same questions on the >>Absolute best budget earbuds?<< thread - not sure if that's ok...
I suspect "DIY" is just a thing aliexpress sellers like to use..."DIY" usually means that its a custom made job by an individual but aliexpress sellers are clearly not using it in the same context...I will see if the NiceHCK store can shed some light on this since the PK1 that I bought also has "DIY" in the name (or at least their listing does)

I was also recommended the NiceHCK MX500. I got the PK1 version (same driver, PK shell). Im testing it out now actually, not sure what to think of it yet. When I crank up the volume, it does sound pretty good, I initially tried listening at the same volume that I was using for the 30 ohms K's LBBS and it was way too soft. I dont know if the Fengru EMX500 and NiceHCK MX500 use the same driver though...wonder if anyone has tried checking....

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #55,318 of 75,144
Ironically, I dont even have any TRN products (maybe one or 2 cables though). Yincrow X6 it is and you need one as well. :joy:
Here we go again :joy: :joy:
Yesterday @Сomrade ask you about M2Pro review, you told him it would be in day or two, but you forgot to tell him to get an X6 pair in the meantime.
You made great omission just to know :wink:

Jun 22, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #55,319 of 75,144
Here we go again :joy: :joy:
Yesterday @Сomrade ask you about M2Pro review, you told him it would be in day or two, but you forgot to tell him to get an X6 pair in the meantime.
You made great omission just to know :wink:
I have already told everyone to get the X6 enough times lol.

Jun 22, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #55,320 of 75,144
I have already told everyone to get the X6 enough times lol.

Yeah boss @RikudouGoku keeps recommending X6 to me every time I talk to him hahaha. I hope to get it some day.

But from what I read, I think the X6 is kinda like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world (correct me if I'm mistaken). Ie excellent timbre and tonality, but maybe not the best technicalities. I know we can't expect the moon for the price, but I dunno if there's a budget earbud that scores high marks in the all the 3 Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities? Is there such a unicorn? So we are not talking about one trick ponies that ace tonality but fail at technicalities, or vice versa?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back