Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 10, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #54,902 of 75,079
I'm saving up for another TOTL-ish earbud. Any suggestions?

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #54,904 of 75,079
Zen LL special edition is awesome.
Yinman 600 is great
Yincrow 2000 double foamed, great.
this one?

Notification_Center.png

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #54,906 of 75,079
Ive just placed an order for a pair of NiceHCK PK1s. As strange as it may sound, this is my first time buying two earphones at once...(i typically can't justify buying more than one pair at once due to the cost). It's cheap enough that it's not a big dent in my wallet at least. I hope that I will be able to do a comparison with the LBBS when they arrive.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #54,907 of 75,079
Yeah, they are cheap and thats why I will probably get them to get to the bottom of the confusion amongst the different versions...
Might pick up the Rosemary as well lol. The Snow lotus 2.5mm dissapointed me a lot for that price, so I will not get more from that lineup.

That 54% sale thing is always there on every ali item lol.

Penon rarely have sales from what I know, they usually have early bird discounts though when it comes to new products. Personally I wont give them more money after how they treated me...

Rosemary is decent, warm and bassy L shaped set. Needs amping due to the high impedance, bass bleeds and knowing u like fast and clean bass, it might not be the set for you IMHO.

It is like the final E3000/5000 type of signature, warm and bassy with nebulous bass.

Yincrow RW2000. Warm neutralish and well balanced, good timbre and technicalities. Detachable too, unlike many TOTL breathen. I like the subbass extension, rather good for a earbud, but not as much subbass as the typical smabat.

Midbass bleeds a bit but that adds to the warmish tone. Anyway been using it almost daily for three weeks now.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #54,908 of 75,079
I listen to mainly pop and r&b with female vocalists, and lately have been into korean ballads and.. yeah the EBX21 sound the most natural for those genres on all my gear at the moment.
Korean ballads ftw! I'm into them as well. Nothing like 'em. PM me some of your faves, if you don't mind :D

Yeah, they are cheap and thats why I will probably get them to get to the bottom of the confusion amongst the different versions...
Might pick up the Rosemary as well lol. The Snow lotus 2.5mm dissapointed me a lot for that price, so I will not get more from that lineup.
This Faaeal bud was one of the more pleasant surprises that I bought last year (see attachment). Not really sure which version of the Iris this really is, but it has that cable exactly. Cable was weird at first, but grew on me. SQ is very good, IMHO.

Rosemary is decent, warm and bassy L shaped set. Needs amping due to the high impedance, bass bleeds and knowing u like fast and clean bass, it might not be the set for you IMHO.
I agree with the above observation regarding the Rosemary. Very warm & smooth-sounding. I didn't mind it and used mine for quite long stretches with no complaints. If you're after clarity or transparency, look elsewhere I suppose.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    610.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #54,909 of 75,079
Sam, maybe you can consider getting one of the Blur earbuds from Wong Kuan Wae over on FB (https://www.facebook.com/wkuanwae). I auditioned one of the older models once and they sounded pretty much TOTL imho. I can imagine he can only improve upon the SQ with time.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #54,910 of 75,079
What are you guys planning on getting on the sale next week?
Nothing at the moment from Aliexpress... Unfortunately, import taxes and customs in EU will kill this low budget $5-$25 earbuds/iems shopping from Ali :frowning2: At least until sellers allow purchases from EU warehouses. And I hope they will...
Regarding your question: I'm waiting for Fiio EM3 that I find in some local webshop (even cheaper than Ali)

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #54,911 of 75,079
Nothing at the moment from Aliexpress... Unfortunately, import taxes and customs in EU will kill this low budget $5-$25 earbuds/iems shopping from Ali :frowning2: At least until sellers allow purchases from EU warehouses. And I hope they will...
Regarding your question: I'm waiting for Fiio EM3 that I find in some local webshop (even cheaper than Ali)
:joy: :joy::sob::sob: I've been hoping for that for a year and a half.
I'll tell you a secret, only this dude :santa: can help us, of course if you still believe in him :wink:

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #54,913 of 75,079
The Qian69 arrived today and I think it’s now on the overall leaderboard of ear buds I have. Very comfortable and no major errors of commission. It’s not the most exciting sound, but nothing about it annoys me.
I hope you enjoy the comfort. They have a unique shape.
It's a real shame they haven't had anything new to offer in a long time. They can keep the same shell and just insert some exotic driver :kissing_closed_eyes::nose:

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #54,914 of 75,079
:joy: :joy::sob::sob: I've been hoping for that for a year and a half.
I'll tell you a secret, only this dude :santa: can help us, of course if you still believe in him :wink:
:wink: Well, I don't believe in that guy since I recognize my uncle disguised as him at some local New Year event long, long time ago :xf_cool:
Unlike you, I believe that only this guy 💰 can help us. His Majesty - The Profit :wink:

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #54,915 of 75,079
:wink: Well, I don't believe in that guy since I recognize my uncle disguised as him at some local New Year event long, long time ago :xf_cool:
Unlike you, I believe that only this guy 💰 can help us. His Majesty - The Profit :wink:
Yup. It’s not a problem to spend 💰 on gear, but it’s really absurd to spend over $100 on shipping + tax. Well, we don't trade gold bars for God's sake :money_mouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back