Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 1, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #54,571 of 75,060
www.veclan.com, i am not sure about Aliexpress, but if you are buying zen 2.0....you r probly getting free shipping from my site (unless you demand premium options like dhl).

SF Global is normally pretty decent, speed wise, as for shopee, we are looking into the possibility of having a store, or some even better.

for shopee, you do have to do a LOT of work....like shipping them and storage them in PH which....is hard for us to do imho , but there are a LOT of ways to save on shipping. and we are looking into options.

so in short, do I wanna open a shopee store, HELL YEAH, but can i? not sure lol.

Cheers
Lee
Cool. Thanks. Will check your site and shipping options, though I forgot to mention that another good thing with shopee is that they allow COD. Also, I find shipping thru post in our country is not reliable. XD

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #54,572 of 75,060
Welcome back Lee... looking forward to your upcoming metal PK earbuds... :beerchug:
Are you referring to tungsten? :thinking: Ceramic sound nice to ... no fun intended.
Seriously ... it would be really nice to try some other materials besides cheap plastic.
Wood can be good option for sure, or stab wood for a premium look & feel :L3000:

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #54,573 of 75,060
Cool. Thanks. Will check your site and shipping options, though I forgot to mention that another good thing with shopee is that they allow COD. Also, I find shipping thru post in our country is not reliable. XD
i will look into it , thx buddy~

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #54,574 of 75,060
Are you referring to tungsten? :thinking: Ceramic sound nice to ... no fun intended.
Seriously ... it would be really nice to try some other materials besides cheap plastic.
Wood can be good option for sure, or stab wood for a premium look & feel :L3000:
you can't cut wood with enough precision for earbuds... imho, we need vent for earbuds , and ...

well let me keep some them for our up coming youtube channel.

Welcome back Lee... looking forward to your upcoming metal PK earbuds... :beerchug:
thx buddy

Cheers

Lee

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #54,575 of 75,060
you can't cut wood with enough precision for earbuds... imho, we need vent for earbuds , and ...

well let me keep some them for our up coming youtube channel.

thx buddy

Cheers

Lee
What I mean is not related to MX500, PK or other shells with complex shape. Simple bell or funnel-shaped buds are possible to make it out of wood.
This is a purely rough example that definitely needs to be worked on in order to improve comfort:point_down:but you have to admit that these wood patterns look beautiful :wink:
TB22xcSbOQnBKNjSZFmXXcApVXa_!!15448626.jpg

And you've probably seen the remarkable use of wood for IEM shells
3o8cpkfsrbg61.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #54,576 of 75,060
What I mean is not related to MX500, PK or other shells with complex shape. Simple bell or funnel-shaped buds are possible to make it out of wood.
TB22xcSbOQnBKNjSZFmXXcApVXa_!!15448626.jpg

And you've probably seen the remarkable use of wood for IEM shells
3o8cpkfsrbg61.jpg
nice looking earbuds, but the wood is very uneven (density wise), i say stabilized wood is ok for iems, but for earbud u might be better off with metal vents if you have to use wood as a main shell(i saw those around), ppl is a free to make whatever into earbud~ but as a business , i don't think it is easy to get a good and balanced(from left to right) sound out of wood for earbud~cuz of the venting issue (if not the body being uneven density itself)

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #54,577 of 75,060
nice looking earbuds, but the wood is very uneven (density wise), i say stabilized wood is ok for iems, but for earbud u might be better off with metal vents if you have to use wood as a main shell(i saw those around), ppl is a free to make whatever into earbud~ but as a business , i don't think it is easy to get a good and balanced(from left to right) sound out of wood for earbud~cuz of the venting issue (if not the body being uneven density itself)
Yup. I agree to combine wood (for simple shape) and mental (for complex shapes). Density wise, not every wood can be used for shell. Stab wood is another story.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #54,578 of 75,060
Yup. I agree to combine wood (for simple shape) and mental (for complex shapes). Density wise, not every wood can be used for shell. Stab wood is another story.
even stab wood, it is a bad idea to cut vents on it , but metal vent is ok to a extend, just a lot of work for probly no again imho for earbud~

i will explain more in my up coming videos ~

cheers

Lee

p.s. gotta run, won't be replying more today , i have to finish some video tonight (for my hobby haha )

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #54,581 of 75,060
GREAT NEWS !!!! An honor to see you here.
oh the special edition is more like a total tuning.

normal edition is a great sleepbud, i use my normal all the time when i am watching anime before falling asleep (more warm and stuff)

Cheers

Lee

p.s. glad you like them, i am just another head-fier~

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #54,582 of 75,060
p.s. gotta run, won't be replying more today , i have to finish some video tonight (for my hobby haha )
Can you post your video here? It would be nice to have on this thread the "Late Night Show" :beerchug:

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #54,583 of 75,060
My 2.5mm Balanced Headphone Extension Cable arrived today from XINHS HIFI AUDIO as kindly recommended by @RikudouGoku

Supple and finely made. I am very pleased to say the very least. Included was a nice little gray travel case.
XINHS HIFI Audio Headphone Extension Cable (2.5TRRS Female to 2.5TRRS Male; 75cm)_I.jpg
XINHS HIFI Audio Headphone Extension Cable (2.5TRRS Female to 2.5TRRS Male; 75cm)_II.jpg

2.5TRRS Female to 2.5TRRS Male; 8-Strand Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver; Length 75cm (by request)

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #54,584 of 75,060
Just opened them up for a bit of careful cleaning... :ok_hand:

_DSC5669.jpg

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #54,585 of 75,060
Just opened them up for a bit of careful cleaning... :ok_hand:

_DSC5669.jpg
Maria?
This front tweeters are nice and clean 🪄 Great job, man :wink: I like how they solved these woofer openings.
They look a bit heavy ... how is the comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back