Earbuds Round-Up
May 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #54,076 of 74,632
Exactly why I think I will simply donate them... mailing to a fellow comrade who loves fiddling with and re-cabling earbuds and has the patience, eyes, and skilled steady hands to do it.
hi its me, your fellow comrade

i hope whoever winds up with them can bring them back to life! and if you actually didnt have anyone in mind i would gladly give it a shot πŸ‘€

May 14, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #54,077 of 74,632
You must assess to know if you can like Dendroaspis by reading the opinions and reviews of this thread, mine is an unreliable opinion.

TO600 has a less impressive stage than Dendroaspis Viridis, but with thicker notes, with more body, in all frequencies, more marked, hence the tone seems more complete, it is not so holographic, but in return there is more sound, TO600 has a good and atmospheric environment, but here Viridis is better.

Viridis, as you can read here, has a modest bass

Edit.: I prefer a full-bodied sound even if it is narrower (TO) to a broad but sterile sound in comparison (dendroaspis), so keep that in mind, it may not be your preference.
Thanks! The first comparison of these two buds i have seen.
It sounds that I will not invest in Viridis, I will await Tonekings next buds (whenever that will be) 😁
Me too prefer more full-bodied sound.

May 14, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #54,080 of 74,632
today I just got my first earbud, the kbear Stellar, I do own lots of iems, but I wanted to try an earbud, and I'm loving it so far. what would be a direct upgrade to the stellar? also, is there any tutorial for removable cable?
Stellar is awesome! For an upgrade, as long as it's described as a V-shape, you're good.

Search on Youtube "earbud MMCX mod." πŸ˜„

May 14, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #54,081 of 74,632
Due to their lighter diaphragms (responding more quickly and thus moving air faster) and their open-design coupled with the physical placement just outside the ear canal (allowing more air to be moved by the driver before entry into the ear canal) most earbuds do seem to offer excellent (fast) transient response that is both clear and tightly detailed (e.g. the clarity and accurate timbre of string instruments). But yes I do agree that earbuds can not compete in the "impact" category when comparted to either larger transducer headphones or the sealed chamber nature of IEMs... they are simply too small to create that "slam" effect.
Thx! That’s really informative. Exactly as you put it too. I don’t feel it’s about clarity. I’m talking only about that impact.

May 15, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #54,082 of 74,632
Thx! That’s really informative. Exactly as you put it too. I don’t feel it’s about clarity. I’m talking only about that impact.
Not meaning to derail this thread, by too much, I would like to offer a quick aside that the best presentation of gun and cannon fire that I ever did hear was from a minimalist 2.1 speaker system composed of a pair of German-made Acappella horn speakers (driven by balanced monoblocks) and a giant custom-made (and rather exotic) open-baffle subwoofer. The cannon fire in Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" was particularly resolute! I quickly discovered why many prefer horned speakers for that extra punch, slam, and impactful dynamics especially required of live music.

One of the reasons why Aiwa & Sony (and a few others) were so determined to mimic horn and pipe (flute) acoustics in their earbuds by incorporating resonator pipes, ducts, and tubes back in the Golden Age of Earbuds.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #54,083 of 74,632
hi its me, your fellow comrade

i hope whoever winds up with them can bring them back to life! and if you actually didnt have anyone in mind i would gladly give it a shot πŸ‘€
:sunglasses: You are third on the list. Awaiting to hear from no.1 and then no. 2 if they will accept the donation or not.

May 15, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #54,084 of 74,632
Well, I went on a shopping spree. Ordered both the KΒ΄s Bell-WE (bass version) and the Samsara K300. :joy:

May 15, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #54,085 of 74,632
@WoodyLuvr btw do you know the price the upcoming Bell-ti plus? Apparently the store I bought the 2 buds above, told me that K has a new model coming out that will cost 5000 RMB (which I assume is the bell-ti plus). That puts it at like...770 usd lol.

May 15, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #54,086 of 74,632

(looks quite similar to the RW-2000)

https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/astro...edition-latest-flagship-earbuds-available-now

That price though...any takers? :joy:
looks quite similar to the RW-2000
Maybe if you look at them from a distance of 10 meters:wink:
The shell has a much more advanced vent system than the RW-2000 and the cavity size is much larger.
On the back of the shell you can see micro porous filter which is invented (I think) by Bowers & Wilkins.
They used a mesh of tiny steel balls which acts as a sonic diffuser, enhancing clarity and spatial detail.
B&W C5 Series 2 model use this tech.

May 15, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #54,087 of 74,632
Damn, I thought bud users would prefer less cores since that would be lighter.
4 core is enough for any buds but we often see cables that use thick wires so such cables are much heavier even than a 16core cable.
So 4-core is a good option when it comes to earbuds with a fixed cable and when worn upright
6-core and 8-core are good option when there is a detachable connection (MMCX, 2-Pin etc.) and for wearing over the ears,
and also 16-core but I still think it is overkill for buds

May 15, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #54,088 of 74,632
looks quite similar to the RW-2000
Maybe if you look at them from a distance of 10 meters:wink:
The shell has a much more advanced vent system than the RW-2000 and the cavity size is much larger.
On the back of the shell you can see micro porous filter which is invented (I think) by Bowers & Wilkins.
They used a mesh of tiny steel balls which acts as a sonic diffuser, enhancing clarity and spatial detail.
B&W C5 Series 2 model use this tech.
For just over € 100 you can try this technology, this is a case where I am sure the price is worth it. Another different thing is to see what this new limited edition has to contribute so that it costs a little more than 3 times the price of the standard version that has been on the market for years.

May 15, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #54,089 of 74,632
4 core is enough for any buds but we often see cables that use thick wires so such cables are much heavier even than a 16core cable.
So 4-core is a good option when it comes to earbuds with a fixed cable and when worn upright
6-core and 8-core are good option when there is a detachable connection (MMCX, 2-Pin etc.) and for wearing over the ears,
and also 16-core but I still think it is overkill for buds
There is everything, I have 8 core goddess that is ridiculously fine, there is also a niceHCK 24 core that is thin and light. On the other hand I have a Y***O cable that with 8 cores is as fat as a climbing rope ...

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #54,090 of 74,632
@WoodyLuvr btw do you know the price the upcoming Bell-ti plus? Apparently the store I bought the 2 buds above, told me that K has a new model coming out that will cost 5000 RMB (which I assume is the bell-ti plus). That puts it at like...770 usd lol.
Yes, that is the price I heard for the new Plus model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back