Earbuds Round-Up
May 12, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #53,971 of 75,079
Interesting that I was going write that tonight it’s just become so clear to me that my Blur earbuds are so much better in clarity, separation, soundstage and even bass than any of the iems I’ve had (including andromeda) and rival some of my full sized headphones (including hd800s). The truth is earbuds are so much more bang for your buck. I thoroughly enjoy the low cost ones like the Ry4s and b40 too. It’s kind of crazy.
Now I’m really curious about the em5, rw-2000 and chaconne but I’m going to try to stay focused on my already excellent
In my experience B40 is disappointing, there are sounds from my music tracks that are no heard, it is the worst of everything I have tried.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #53,972 of 75,079
darn I posted wrong spot again sorry

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #53,974 of 75,079
6, in Addition a pair jumper allow to change the parameter of analog filter to choose between neutral and warmer sound quality.

^ did DMS know this ?

Also interesting I guess the NFB stands for No Feeedback? Realy cool.
Plus the volume design.

Forgot how crazy their website can be.
??? :thinking:

May 12, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #53,975 of 75,079
May 12, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #53,976 of 75,079
What kind of sounds are not heard?
To give just one example, listening to Mike Oldfield's omadawn with B40 and then doing it with any other bud shows all the shortcomings, we talk about it silences xylophones, oboes, flutes ... but it happens to me with all the tracks that I know well and where I hope to find a sound, does not appear or appears with a ridiculous resolution, to such an extent that I stop using them as disconcerting, I spend more time guessing what sounds I am missing than listening to music. I cannot advise this outbreak to anyone.

May 12, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #53,977 of 75,079
To give just one example, listening to Mike Oldfield's omadawn with B40 and then doing it with any other bud shows all the shortcomings, we talk about it silences xylophones, oboes, flutes ... but it happens to me with all the tracks that I know well and where I hope to find a sound, does not appear or appears with a ridiculous resolution, to such an extent that I stop using them as disconcerting, I spend more time guessing what sounds I am missing than listening to music. I cannot advise this outbreak to anyone.
Strange... sadly sounds like you might have a faulty pair there as I just listened to that Oldfield album with my wife's NICEHCK Audio B40 w/ Mic comparing against my Ks Bell-Ti 120Ω and I do not experience (hear) that issue at all.

By the way, that truly is a great classic ambient electronic album... my favorite genre. Really enjoy Oldfield along with Froese, Jarre, Schulze, Eno, and Grosskopf.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #53,978 of 75,079
Strange... sadly sounds like you might have a faulty pair there as I just listened to that Oldfield album with my wife's NICEHCK Audio B40 w/ Mic comparing against my Ks Bell-Ti and I do not experience (hear) that issue at all.

By the way, that is truly a great classic ambient electronic album... my favorite genre. Really enjoy Oldfield along with Froese, Jarre, Schulze, Eno, and Grosskopf.
It is possible, here they speak well of this pair. It occurred to me with all sources, in this case the model is without a microphone:

IMG_20210512_130518.jpg

I save the recommendations and add M83 "DSVII", Sebastián Plano "Impetus", Luca Dalberto "Endless", Lambert "Sweet Apocalypse" and I could continue but those are highly recommended.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #53,979 of 75,079
It is possible, here they speak well of this pair. It occurred to me with all sources, in this case the model is without a microphone:

IMG_20210512_130518.jpg

I save the recommendations and add M83 "DSVII", Sebastián Plano "Impetus", Luca Dalberto "Endless", Lambert "Sweet Apocalypse" and I could continue but those are highly recommended.
I have to agree that your b40 may be faulty. It’s not the greatest earbud by far but for $10, I think it’s impressive. That being said, the frequency ranges bleed into each other and the highs are not airy or sparkly. They don’t have the greatest resolution or instrument separation but also shouldn’t be missing any sounds. The soundstage is pretty good too.

im gonna have to check out your tracks!

May 12, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #53,980 of 75,079

IMG_20210512_130518.jpg

What are your favorite earbuds?

May 12, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #53,981 of 75,079
What are your favorite earbuds?

To this day TO600, but maybe it has some highs left for my taste, it is not round with the lowest notes of synthesizers or electric guitar distortions. But the fit, comfort make it quite complete.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #53,982 of 75,079
To this day TO600, but maybe it has some highs left for my taste, it is not round with the lowest notes of synthesizers or electric guitar distortions. But the fit, comfort make it quite complete.
Anyone else in here impressed by the TO600?
I do love it’s construction judging by the pics.
Fin would be easy to place.

May 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #53,983 of 75,079
Looks really nice. I’ve never had a toneking before. 600 ohm!
Would you say they are bright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back