Earbuds Round-Up
May 11, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #53,956 of 75,139
hahaha, I love these buds too much to take the risk. Anyway I'll still lay down with them, just not for the whole night. Also the Zen LL is still 150 ohms, still benefits from an amplifier, which I kind of likes.

That is true. While they benefit from an amp, they don't sound that bad out of something like a phone.

Saving grace is they are half the price of the Zen 2.0 if anything goes wrong.

May 11, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #53,957 of 75,139
I think it should be quite safe for sleep use. According to VE's owner, the creation of the LL was because he wanted a compact version of Zen that can be used for sleeping and lower impedance for mobile console gaming.
Correct; the VE Zen LL are literally called the "Sleeping Bud" and for good reason.

May 11, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #53,959 of 75,139
Hello, by the way I have the SL edition. It is extremely light. The Y part is weightless.

VE upgraded the cable on the SL edition yesterday, it is now SLQ (Soft Light Quad)

I'm actually curious if anyone has both Zen LL and SL editions and what differences are between the two?

zenll.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #53,960 of 75,139
VE upgraded the cable on the SL edition yesterday, it is now SLQ (Soft Light Quad)

I'm actually curious if anyone has both Zen LL and SL editions and what differences are between the two?

zenll.jpg
That’s exactly the one I have. Soft and light.

May 11, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #53,963 of 75,139
Indeed they do. NR 1 transducer for acoustic/vocals isnt a small feat with my collection. :joy:
(over 100 transducers.)
Apples to oranges but as far as vocal presentation only, it seems these are close/equal/better to the fullsized JVC HA-MX100 series ?
Wow.
Will have a peek at your review, thanks for the impressions.

May 11, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #53,964 of 75,139
Interesting that I was going write that tonight it’s just become so clear to me that my Blur earbuds are so much better in clarity, separation, soundstage and even bass than any of the iems I’ve had (including andromeda) and rival some of my full sized headphones (including hd800s). The truth is earbuds are so much more bang for your buck. I thoroughly enjoy the low cost ones like the Ry4s and b40 too. It’s kind of crazy.
Now I’m really curious about the em5, rw-2000 and chaconne but I’m going to try to stay focused on my already excellent collection.

May 12, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #53,965 of 75,139
Interesting that I was going write that tonight it’s just become so clear to me that my Blur earbuds are so much better in clarity, separation, soundstage and even bass than any of the iems I’ve had (including andromeda) and rival some of my full sized headphones (including hd800s). The truth is earbuds are so much more bang for your buck. I thoroughly enjoy the low cost ones like the Ry4s and b40 too. It’s kind of crazy.
Now I’m really curious about the em5, rw-2000 and chaconne but I’m going to try to stay focused on my already excellent collection.
Which earbud you venerate the most of your collection ?

May 12, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #53,966 of 75,139
Which blur

May 12, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #53,967 of 75,139
Interesting that I was going write that tonight it’s just become so clear to me that my Blur earbuds are so much better in clarity, separation, soundstage and even bass than any of the iems I’ve had (including andromeda) and rival some of my full sized headphones (including hd800s).
I have been extremely impressed with my newly received aPs model the Blur 266 MX64 aPs (64Ω). I rate it along side my Ksearphone Bell-Ti (120Ω) and D•Q•S•M A•u•d•i•o Turandot (16Ω) in sound quality but due to them being a larger shell type (MX500), while still comfortable, the comfort isn't quite as nice as the Bell-Ti or Turandot.

The truth is earbuds are so much more bang for your buck. I thoroughly enjoy the low cost ones like the Ry4s and b40 too. It’s kind of crazy.
Concur completely! why earbuds?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back