Earbuds Round-Up
May 10, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #53,926 of 75,072
Hey everyone, I'm new to this form but also to the earbud world. Do you guys have recommendations for bass heavy (or just the most bass you can get for earbuds) under $50 on aliexpress? I mostly listen to hip-hop and R&B.
RY4S plus is other option

May 10, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #53,927 of 75,072
You guys are good. I'm happy I was patient with the EM5 for exampe, as it is evidently a very special earbud.
Now I'm wondering about this new Yinman 150 ohms.
Every bud or any type of gear need the time. After a certain working period, some show improvement, some remain unchanged and some break down because they were defective at the very beginning. Of course, users also need time to get used to the new product.
New Yinman 150 is one of the most beautiful models I have seen so far. Very good selection of materials that really fit nicely into one whole. But again, we come back to the same comfort problem. OG Yinman 150ohm had a shorter hard-rubber stem that is perfect solution for this funnel-shaped shell. Also you can wear them over your ears which is a bonus.

May 10, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #53,929 of 75,072
100% agree, and it's with that idea in mind that I made my controversial if not arrogant entry into this thread. There's so much a "consumer modder" can do with these earbuds to make them fit and comfortable.
In the IEM world it's even worse. I would have kept the IE800 for example, if the thing stayed in my ear.
This is why I keep saying that Bose nailed it it the fit and comfort department, and wonder why very few companies emulate them.
The Fin principle could be perfected, it's so easy to imagine ! Any industrial designer could find many ideas to make it work.
The main priority of buds intended for sports is comfort and moisture resistance. Sound quality takes second place.
In the audiophile world, it's the other way around

May 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #53,930 of 75,072
May 10, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #53,931 of 75,072
Every bud or any type of gear need the time. After a certain working period, some show improvement, some remain unchanged and some break down because they were defective at the very beginning. Of course, users also need time to get used to the new product.
New Yinman 150 is one of the most beautiful models I have seen so far. Very good selection of materials that really fit nicely into one whole. But again, we come back to the same comfort problem. OG Yinman 150ohm had a shorter hard-rubber stem that is perfect solution for this funnel-shaped shell. Also you can wear them over your ears which is a bonus.
We need a scout to purchase it and review it honestly. I'm tempted but I've already made a lot of bud biddings.

May 10, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #53,932 of 75,072
May 10, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #53,933 of 75,072
We need a scout to purchase it and review it honestly. I'm tempted but I've already made a lot of bud biddings.
Just take it easy. @FranQL said it well and it should be emphasized as a warning and as very useful advice to all of us
WARNING: stop buying impulsively

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #53,934 of 75,072
Just take it easy. @FranQ|L said it well and it should be emphasized as a warning and as very useful advice to all of us
WARNING: stop buying impulsively
100% !
What turned me into a bugman is that, coming from $$$ over ears heapdhones, everything seemed so cheap. Until I bought a billion earbuds. But seriously, I don't regret any of them, except maybe the monk, monk plus, monk lite (the low ohm version). But then again, they're not the ones braking my bank.

May 10, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #53,935 of 75,072
100% !
What turned me into a bugman is that, coming from $$$ over ears heapdhones, everything seemed so cheap. Until I bought a billion earbuds. But seriously, I don't regret any of them, except maybe the monk, monk plus, monk lite (the low ohm version). But then again, they're not the ones braking my bank.
95% success and 5% disappointment is a good score. :ok_hand:

May 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #53,936 of 75,072
I believe @baskingshark had some problems with them before....

As for the huo store, the only reason I want more info if they are legit or not is because they are mostly selling DIY stuff. Like, how easy wouldnt it be for them to sell their own DIY versions of the K buds, the Samsara for example is just an MX500 shell, it should be quite easy for them to just make their own MX500 bud and call it the "samsara"....

I hope I am being paranoid here....
A quick search shows he was refunded, just had some buds get lost in shipping at the beginning of covid.

Probably paranoid. The shells are custom printed and the cable ends usually have the logo.
Another reason why I am so impressed by the Chaconne, is that this is pretty far from my preference target.

Thats my (WIP) preference target (iem graph), so as you might be able to tell, I sure love my bass (especially sub-bass). The Chaconne is pretty far from that and yet I still love it and actually like it more than the RW-2000 which is closer to my target.
That's a lotta bass.

I'm surprised you only want around 5-6db of pinna gain. I settled for around 10db +/- 2. 12 and above was fatiguing and 8 or below was dull and lifeless for me.

I am still trying to resolve my issue with them, but there response so far has been at best less than stellar and at worst devious, as well as being slow to respond.
Well, I hope it works out. On AE if you can do good pics or a decent video that shows the problem, it usually works out.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #53,937 of 75,072
A quick search shows he was refunded, just had some buds get lost in shipping at the beginning of covid.

Probably paranoid. The shells are custom printed and the cable ends usually have the logo.

That's a lotta bass.

I'm surprised you only want around 5-6db of pinna gain. I settled for around 10db +/- 2. 12 and above was fatiguing and 8 or below was dull and lifeless for me.
Good to know that I was paranoid.

As for that pinna gain, it is very similar to the LZ A7.

1620671567996.png

Of course some have a lot more pinna gain, than my own target and yet they are fine for me.
Like the Dunu Zen.
1620671654887.png

May 11, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #53,940 of 75,072
I have the Vido's and while they are good, I can't say earbuds really provide THAT much bass.

You'll find more bass in EarPods if you get a good fit with them.

I think there's just too much space between traditional earbuds and the ear to generate much bass.
Hence the reason why many of us "double foam" either via two (2) full foams; one (1) full foam w/ one (1) donut foam; or simply two (2) donuts on top of one another. In some cases this will tame the treble (depending on the foam thickness and if full or donut) but will most likely increase the bass by eliminating that physical gap you speak of. Though there are those unique instances where certain individual's ear canal entries may simply be too wide even for "double" or "triple" foaming to work :sob:.

In those cases where the treble is fine but the bass is anemic the solution lays in using a single or double donut or a very thin full with a donut on top of that which will increase the bass with very little to no effect on the mid-range and treble. Do note that many of us have discovered (found) that thin foams are excellent at providing a better fit with the least effect on the sound signature above the bass line.

Another viable option is the use of a silicon ring w/ either a full or donut foam pulled over that.

Experimentation is the key here.

Although not known for deep chest-thumping, heart-pounding, impactful bass... earbuds when fitted correctly can and do offer fast, extremely detailed, open-sounding low bass that rivals IEMs, full-sized headphones, and even small monitor speakers. Of course, due to their small transducer/driver size they simply can't move air, like larger headphones or speakers, to create that slamming bass nor by their design (sitting outside the ear canal) can they create that sealed "rumbling bass friendly" resonating chamber as seen in IEMs. But what they do offer is an unique speaker-like presentation that is both intimate and airy while still being exciting and well-timbred.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back