Earbuds Round-Up
May 10, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #53,911 of 75,148
Moondrop Chaconne review is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-chaconne.24110/reviews#review-25837

How this doesnt have any hype at all is beyond me. This is the sole reason why I am looking at other TOTL buds. Like the K Bell-WE and the Samsara K300.

I already gave the title of "Ultra Instinct" to the Dunu EST112, so I will give this the title of "Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta":

GogetaBlue2.gif

Vocal/acoustic music lovers will love this one, endgame worthy in those genres...

Would have considered this set if there were detachable cables!

May 10, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #53,912 of 75,148
Indeed they do. NR 1 transducer for acoustic/vocals isnt a small feat with my collection. :joy:
(over 100 transducers.)
In the review you mentioned that they are not very comfortable for long sessions due to their weight
Build quality looks very good, the materials they used for overall build is HQ.
The length of the stem is a problem, I know it plays a significant role in tuning and that by shortening it would reduce the low end even more.
A better design solution definitely needs to be found which would provide better comfort because it is unfortunate that such a gem cannot be use for long listening

May 10, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #53,913 of 75,148
In the review you mentioned that they are not very comfortable for long sessions due to their weight
The length of the stem is a problem, I know it plays a significant role in tuning and that by shortening it would reduce the low end even more.
A better design solution definitely needs to be found which would provide better comfort because it is unfortunate that such a gem cannot be use for long listening
Yeah, technically it weights only a bit more than my average iems but it is more fatiguing than them for some reason...

May 10, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #53,914 of 75,148
comfort, fit and being able to wear them for hours is essential for me.

May 10, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #53,915 of 75,148
comfort, fit and being able to wear them for hours is essential for me.
Every music lover expects that, but designers often neglect that. For cheaper models we can always forgive such an omission but when it comes to models of this caliber such as Chaconne then ... we need to say something about it :wink:

May 10, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #53,916 of 75,148
Every music lover expects that, but designers often neglect that. For cheaper models we can always forgive such an omission but when it comes to models of this caliber such as Chaconne then ...
Fortunately for me, I dont really use a single transducer very long during sessions. I tend to switch transducers when I switch genres lol. And my session usually last between 1-2 hours anyway.

May 10, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #53,917 of 75,148
Fortunately for me, I dont really use a single transducer very long during sessions. I tend to switch transducers when I switch genres lol. And my session usually last between 1-2 hours anyway.
I’m not talking about you but about users who mostly buy models like this to enjoy the music ( especially for long listening sessions, 5-6 hours a day). You already have a ton of models so it would be weird to listen to music with just one pair for a long time :wink: :beerchug: :L3000::thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #53,918 of 75,148
I’m not talking about you but about users who mostly buy models like this to enjoy the music ( especially for long listening sessions, 5-6 hours a day). You already have a ton of models so it would be weird to listen to music with just one couple for a long time :wink: :beerchug: :L3000::thumbsup:
Haha, yeah indeed. My love needs to be shared in my harem. :joy:

May 10, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #53,919 of 75,148
Haha, yeah indeed. My love needs to be shared in my harem. :joy:
I know that feeling. It would be rude to ignore all those "gorgeous ladies" in harem :wink:

May 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #53,920 of 75,148
It is a spiral, if you have already achieved the comfort and the appropriate fit, you are looking for a better sound ... but some of the variants get lost in that way, so do not buy more models for now.

On the way there are good models but they fail at something, like little bell, dendroaspis (I'll switch to copper wire soon and keep trying), etc.

I achieved all the requirements with TO600, and with a simple 150 ohm DIY (this is a low-deficit pass but warm and pleasant), of the models that interest me, but I do not buy for:

EP09 setting

ZEN LL build quality

KBELL exorbitant price and fit.

Rosemary setting(but I will end up buying it anyway, there is little to lose, but I will wait for the 2.5mm version, which will return as indicated in the store).

And if possible, stop buying impulsively.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #53,921 of 75,148
Last night @assassin10000 tested and post graph here, for DIY 14.8mm 32Ω Titanium driver which is so damn close to be the king of DIY 14.8mm drivers (current king of DIY 14.8mm drivers is PK 150Ω "red film" driver which is originally made for Nokia HDD-1 buds). I mentioned this because most Ti drivers have great potential
K's is a well-known brand that in addition to its original design (current king of comfort) and the quality parts they use for their drivers, they are also good at tuning.
Anyway, Bell-Ti 120ohms model was one of their flagship models a few years ago. so I hope these beautiful buds will take an honorable place in your collection :beerchug:
You guys are good. I'm happy I was patient with the EM5 for exampe, as it is evidently a very special earbud.
Now I'm wondering about this new Yinman 150 ohms.

May 10, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #53,922 of 75,148
Every music lover expects that, but designers often neglect that. For cheaper models we can always forgive such an omission but when it comes to models of this caliber such as Chaconne then ... we need to say something about it :wink:
100% agree, and it's with that idea in mind that I made my controversial if not arrogant entry into this thread. There's so much a "consumer modder" can do with these earbuds to make them fit and comfortable.
In the IEM world it's even worse. I would have kept the IE800 for example, if the thing stayed in my ear.
This is why I keep saying that Bose nailed it it the fit and comfort department, and wonder why very few companies emulate them.
The Fin principle could be perfected, it's so easy to imagine ! Any industrial designer could find many ideas to make it work.

May 10, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #53,924 of 75,148
Hey everyone, I'm new to this form but also to the earbud world. Do you guys have recommendations for bass heavy (or just the most bass you can get for earbuds) under $50 on aliexpress? I mostly listen to hip-hop and R&B.
Yincrow X6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back