Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 29, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #53,626 of 75,077
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #53,630 of 75,077
Apr 30, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #53,631 of 75,077
Got the Yincrow-2000 yesterday. Can it get better than this ?
The Yincrow RW-2000 is a super earbud for the price according to the guys in this thread. I own the RW-1000 bass pro and is a 4x4 bud, so your option is a good option. After that comes the TOTL like chaconne, bell ti or some Phillippines or Indonesian customs.

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #53,632 of 75,077
The Yincrow RW-2000 is a super earbud for the price according to the guys in this thread. I own the RW-1000 bass pro and is a 4x4 bud, so your option is a good option. After that comes the TOTL like chaconne, bell ti or some Phillippines or Indonesian customs.
Great ! And what is your favourite TOTL ?

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #53,633 of 75,077
Got the Yincrow-2000 yesterday. Can it get better than this ?

I've had the VE Sun Copper for a couple of days and it is already sounding better than the RW-2000.

But it requires a powerful amp to shine, comes with a fixed cable, weighs quite a lot heavier and costs about 4 times as much.

Is that all worth it for the better it gets?

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #53,634 of 75,077
I've had the VE Sun Copper for a couple of days and it is already sounding better than the RW-2000.

But it requires a powerful amp to shine, comes with a fixed cable, weighs quite a lot heavier and costs about 4 times as much.

Is that all worth it for the better it gets?
Honestly, coming from being addicted to over ear headphones, it might very well be worth it. Will check out the VE Sum Copper.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #53,635 of 75,077
Before I pull the trigger, anybody else in here recommends the Zen Sun Copper edition?
Right now my big boys are: zen 2.0 (2 of them with different tunings), zen 2.0 black edition, Yinman 600 on the way, Yincrow 2000, Zen LL.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #53,636 of 75,077
Before I pull the trigger, anybody else in here recommends the Zen Sun Copper edition?
Right now my big boys are: zen 2.0 (2 of them with different tunings), zen 2.0 black edition, Yinman 600 on the way, Yincrow 2000, Zen LL.
I think there are possibly 3 other members with the Sun Copper. One probably already sold his because he upgraded to Zen SU.
If you do get the Sun Copper, note that it is quite a bit harder to drive than the Sun DICE, though both are rated at 180ohms. It is a bit heavier too, so more suited for home use.

I'm quite surprised you actually bought the Zen black, because VE recently re-released an upgraded batch with one of their amps, but were very quickly sold out. I don't think they will be made again, and I do miss it.

Zen LL is really good if your ears don't go well with bigger shells. I like it, even though mine came free when I bought the Zen Omega Edition.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #53,637 of 75,077
I think there are possibly 3 other members with the Sun Copper. One probably already sold his because he upgraded to Zen SU.
If you do get the Sun Copper, note that it is quite a bit harder to drive than the Sun DICE, though both are rated at 180ohms. It is a bit heavier too, so more suited for home use.

I'm quite surprised you actually bought the Zen black, because VE recently re-released an upgraded batch with one of their amps, but were very quickly sold out. I don't think they will be made again, and I do miss it.

Zen LL is really good if your ears don't go well with bigger shells. I like it, even though mine came free when I bought the Zen Omega Edition.
Thanks for your remarks !
I mainly listen to my buds with big amps at home. The reason I switched to buds is because of neck pain, but now I’m just loving the trip.
Earbuds are less fatiguing and very musical (I know, a very vague term).
I got the Zen Black edition for like 150USD from someone, I hope it’s a good deal.
And got another Zen 2.0 for 50USD which is a good deal indeed.
Now, I’m torn between the Sun Copper and a a good DAP.
But I lean towards the Sun as most of my listening is at home, by far.
Having multiple earbuds is all about the appreciation of different musical presentations.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #53,638 of 75,077
Thanks for your remarks !
I mainly listen to my buds with big amps at home. The reason I switched to buds is because of neck pain, but now I’m just loving the trip.
Earbuds are less fatiguing and very musical (I know, a very vague term).
I got the Zen Black edition for like 150USD from someone, I hope it’s a good deal.
And got another Zen 2.0 for 50USD which is a good deal indeed.
Now, I’m torn between the Sun Copper and a a good DAP.
But I lean towards the Sun as most of my listening is at home, by far.
Having multiple earbuds is all about the appreciation of different musical presentations.

No problem at all!

For my own case, I couldn't deal with headphones because I live in a hot and humid climate. IEMs are starting to hurt my ears as I get older and cannot wear them for long.
So earbuds are actually the most comfortable way for me to enjoy audio without disturbing others. You're not wrong, earbuds can be less fatiguing and musical, but most importantly open sounding and not so in your head.

Zen black for 150usd seems like a good value for one in good condition because I remember I paying about 300+usd for a new pair. Regular Zen 2.0 is still very special to me and I'm tempted to get a pair with 4.4mm balanced termination.

As for the DAP vs Sun Copper I cannot answer, because I do most of listening at home and do not use a DAP. Because it generally gets loud outside and even if I listen it will be short intervals on the public transport, so I just use my iPhone and AirPods Pro with noise cancellation. It is more to make the commute more enjoyable than critical music listening.

Since you have the Zen LL on the way, maybe you can try it with your phone and see if you really need a good DAP. Also, your RW-2000 should already sound really good out of almost anything.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #53,639 of 75,077
Great ! And what is your favourite TOTL ?
while waiting for my customs buds, I can say that tried the chaconne and zen 2.0 and for me the zen is superior. I really like the zen LL for the price is a giant killer for me. Dendroaspis for classical or OST. RW-1000 all-terrain buds. I really like try the bell-ti.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #53,640 of 75,077
No problem at all!

For my own case, I couldn't deal with headphones because I live in a hot and humid climate. IEMs are starting to hurt my ears as I get older and cannot wear them for long.
So earbuds are actually the most comfortable way for me to enjoy audio without disturbing others. You're not wrong, earbuds can be less fatiguing and musical, but most importantly open sounding and not so in your head.

Zen black for 150usd seems like a good value for one in good condition because I remember I paying about 300+usd for a new pair. Regular Zen 2.0 is still very special to me and I'm tempted to get a pair with 4.4mm balanced termination.

As for the DAP vs Sun Copper I cannot answer, because I do most of listening at home and do not use a DAP. Because it generally gets loud outside and even if I listen it will be short intervals on the public transport, so I just use my iPhone and AirPods Pro with noise cancellation. It is more to make the commute more enjoyable than critical music listening.

Since you have the Zen LL on the way, maybe you can try it with your phone and see if you really need a good DAP. Also, your RW-2000 should already sound really good out of almost anything.
Thanks. Yes of course, very open sound which the non intrusive physical aspect of the earbud enhances: the comfortable weightless device.
It’s true we need very quiet environments, obviously. I’d use it outside only for walks in the forest or farms. But even then, it’s sometimes a bit too much noise outside, especially that I don’t like loud volume playback.
The only reason why I ordered the Zen LL was to have an even more comfortable earbud. Not that the others aren’t but I do find myself readjusting them too often, unless there’s a silicone ear fin, of which I’m not conviced yet regarding sound alteration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back