Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 25, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #53,597 of 75,133
You have explained why I do like my set!

Do you know any buds with a similar sound signature and which includes the missing sparkle?
Unfortunatelly, I do not.

Would be cool to check out something like that.

Hopefully, someone else can make a suggestion, I'm all ears :ksc75smile:.

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #53,598 of 75,133
Hello head-fiers!

I've been listening to the JCALLY EP09 with the included sponge covers for two days now and all I can say is 3 words -spacious, luscious, and transparent! I gave them over 50 hours of play time just to open up, and so far they are the best earbuds I've ever heard in terms of high resolution, maturity and clarity! I ordered them with both the copper (with MIC) and silver cables (without MIC), and I decided to go with the silver cables after listening to both. But, wow!...Easily, I can hear the distinctive signature of the beryllium coated diaphragms as mentioned on the package! It has that sound that only beryllium DD's could bring -a broad, rich, textured bass and overall soundstage down to a "T". Clashes, bells, cymbals, violin, and strings never sounded so sweet in my ears like the EP09 can put out! And, even though the other earbuds I own have an excellent soundstage too, the downside is the plasticky signature I hear when compared to the EP09. It might just be the metallic housing provided for the EP09 that gives it that different sound, but I don't really know why it just sounds slightly more professionally coherent. For now, these are my TOTL until some other earbud takes the title, and definitely they are a steal for the price, IMHO!

PS. I have another second pair of EP09 on the way, since they're so cheap in price and a "no brainer"! :yum:

JCALLY EP09.jpgJCALLY EP09 (6).jpg
WeChat Image_20210425010307.jpg

If anyone is interested at jumping on these, check them out here...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002217414013.html

-Clear :thumbsup:
This JCALLY EP09 comes with a case or you bought separately?

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #53,600 of 75,133
Been a while since I listened to the Creative Aurvana Air, so shall enjoy that today for a change to stave of the temptation from the EP09. :joy:

KtEjlhL.png

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #53,603 of 75,133
What is worth considering under the $50 range?

The more popular options nowadays. :slight_smile:
Yincrow X6, NiceHCK MX500 (and NiceHCK ME80 if you can find one).

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #53,605 of 75,133
Thanks!

For comfort, the PK1 version is smaller than the MX500 one, right?
Dont have the PK1, but that is most likely a different bud in both sound and fit.

For me, MX500 are superior to PK shells.

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #53,606 of 75,133
Thanks!

For comfort, the PK1 version is smaller than the MX500 one, right?
Yup. MX500 use 15.4mm drivers (OD around 16.8mm) and PK use 14.8mm drivers. Same size but better comfort provides DOCOMO shell

Apr 26, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #53,607 of 75,133
What is worth considering under the $50 range?

The more popular options nowadays. :slight_smile:
I'm not an expert as the others here, but my humble suggestion is the K's LBBS.
Good fit (for my small ears) and very good sound signature.

Apr 26, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #53,608 of 75,133
Receieved my Toneking Viridis yesterday, which I got for 60$ (including shipping) on shopee.
Stock cables are really bad in built and sonically, IMO. Changed to the FAAEAL copper litz (removed ear guide).

Initial impressions:

BASS
Probably the most surprising part for me since most reviews in this thread says they lack bass.
But for me and my music library, the bass is just fine, could use a bit more punch/physicality but quantity is perfect for me.
I have small ears so they seal quite good. I didn't like the hooks as it pushes the earbuds deeper, YMMV.
This really reminds of the TC200 bass(quantity and quality) but with improved mids, treble and most importantly timbre.

MIDS
I think its quite similar with KSC75 mids, which are the best mids I have heard up to date. I haven't heard HD600 mids yet though.
Piano and acoustic guitar really shines here along with the airy male and female vocals.
You could clearly distinguish the different voices singing together. These have the right balance between analytic and analog sound, IMO.

TREBLE:
Treble extension is above average compared to other earbuds.
Cymbal splashes are also well textured and doesn't sound smeared like most gears in this price range.
Overall, they also have good instrument separation.

CONCLUSION:
The Viridis will most probably be my end-game gear for this year, having shifted recently from iems to mostly just earbuds due to the better soundstage they provide which I found to value more, and of course also due to the better comfort.
I hope earbuds would stay underrated forever as the price to performance on these things are much better than iems and hps.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #53,609 of 75,133
Receieved my Toneking Viridis yesterday, which I got for 60$ (including shipping) on shopee.
Stock cables are really bad in built and sonically, IMO. Changed to the FAAEAL copper litz (removed ear guide).

Initial impressions:

BASS
Probably the most surprising part for me since most reviews in this thread says they lack bass.
But for me and my music library, the bass is just fine, could use a bit more punch/physicality but quantity is perfect for me.
I have small ears so they seal quite good. I didn't like the hooks as it pushes the earbuds deeper, YMMV.
This really reminds of the TC200 bass(quantity and quality) but with improved mids, treble and most importantly timbre.

MIDS
I think its quite similar with KSC75 mids, which are the best mids I have heard up to date. I haven't heard HD600 mids yet though.
Piano and acoustic guitar really shines here along with the airy male and female vocals.
You could clearly distinguish the different voices singing together. These have the right balance between analytic and analog sound, IMO.

TREBLE:
Treble extension is above average compared to other earbuds.
Cymbal splashes are also well textured and doesn't sound smeared like most gears in this price range.
Overall, they also have good instrument separation.

CONCLUSION:
The Viridis will most probably be my end-game gear for this year, having shifted recently from iems to mostly just earbuds due to the better soundstage they provide which I found to value more, and of course also due to the better comfort.
I hope earbuds would stay underrated forever as the price to performance on these things are much better than iems and hps.
Totally agree with you. The bass is not the biggest but is good, rapid, and precise. The build quality of the shell is sublime, the cable is crap hahaha. I change the cable too.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #53,610 of 75,133
I'm not an expert as the others here, but my humble suggestion is the K's LBBS.
Good fit (for my small ears) and very good sound signature.
One question. What accessories come with the LBBS? Comes with a case or pouch? Can you share some photos, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back