Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 1, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #53,206 of 75,146
EQ'd my smabat st-10s silver editions, much nicer now. The high end on these were so harsh for me, I know people have posted about spikes at a certain hz but I had to turn down all of the 2k-16k frequencies so my ears wouldn't hurt.

Great buds though, really fixes the bass problem that I've had with my past buds. Probably will stick with these for a while.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #53,207 of 75,146
I noticed that some of the earbuds that I bought have 2 wires per channel and I can transform them from 3.5 to 2.5. The graph about how to solder the cables on the 2.5 jack its clear for me but how can I do to identify the positive and negative on each channel without desolder?

Do they have moulded 3.5mm connectors, or the type where you can unscrew the back shell?
If you can unscrew the back shell, the two wires that are soldered together to the sleeve, are the (-) leads.
If it's a moulded back shell, take a sharp Ohmmeter probe, or a sewing pin, and pierce the insulation of the wires, just outside the plug - and the two that measure 0-Ohms to the sleeve, are the (-) leads.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #53,212 of 75,146
Is the Onmyoji the black white version? In shopee, there are 3 variations of the Bell Ti. The black white version, the 30ohm version, and the 120 ohm version. Im having a hard time telling which is the Onmyoji version..

Yes, the Onmyoji is the black and white version. Sound wise supposedly improved over the 30ohm version.

As the latest release of the 3, Onmyoji is made of aluminum while the 30ohm and 120ohm are both in titanium.

I ordered the 120ohm few days ago and am waiting for it as well.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #53,213 of 75,146
Yes, the Onmyoji is the black and white version. Sound wise supposedly improved over the 30ohm version.

As the latest release of the 3, Onmyoji is made of aluminum while the 30ohm and 120ohm are both in titanium.

I ordered the 120ohm few days ago and am waiting for it as well.
Oh! Thanks for this info! 😊 Will look around for reviews regarding the black white version. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #53,215 of 75,146
Thanks a lot !
Anyone knows if there are closed earbuds ( NOT IEM) like the on;y one I’m aware of, which is the Bose SoundTrue Ultra ?
Not the greatest sound but the only closed back earbud I know in existence.
Those bose look like iems to me though.

1617287877031.png

Since they look like they go into your ear canals.

Not sure if there are any closed earbuds though, since you would need to have a seal and its pretty hard for something thats just "sitting" in your ears.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #53,216 of 75,146
Those bose look like iems to me though.

1617287877031.png
Since they look like they go into your ear canals.

Not sure if there are any closed earbuds though, since you would need to have a seal and its pretty hard for something thats just "sitting" in your ears.
Don’t be fooled by the looks, I guarantee you they are sitting earbuds with excellent isolation. I know this because there was not ONE, ever, IEM that I enjoyed wearing in my entire life. Eother to uncomfortabl, or always slip out, or create weird pressure, or force me to always adjust.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #53,217 of 75,146
Don’t be fooled by the looks, I guarantee you they are sitting earbuds with excellent isolation. I know this because there was not ONE, ever, IEM that I enjoyed wearing in my entire life. Eother to uncomfortabl, or always slip out, or create weird pressure, or force me to always adjust.
If this is the style of earphones you like then I can quite safely say that the regular earbuds are not really for you. The point with earbuds are for that open sound and almost without any isolation. Those closest earbuds with isolation I had were the discontinued Yurbuds and they don't sound good with those silicone sleeves at all.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #53,218 of 75,146
Let me add a strange thing; coming from the full size headphone world: if you close an open back around the ear headphone, it will totally destroy and distort the sound, obviously, but that doesn’t seem to happen with earbuds. Usually, the sound is even better if you close it in with the finger and push it closer to the ear canal. There’s something to be done about this.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #53,219 of 75,146
If this is the style of earphones you like then I can quite safely say that the regular earbuds are not really for you. The point with earbuds are for that open sound and almost without any isolation. Those closest earbuds with isolation I had were the discontinued Yurbuds and they don't sound good with those silicone sleeves at all.
Oh believe me earbuds are for me ! I love the open sound, the liget and comfortable wait, the sitting non disturbing bud, etc. But as I said, Bose has achieved this in closed back version. I wouldn’t recommend it for its sound though. But I’m amazed by the missed opportunity here. Some DIY genius should act.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #53,220 of 75,146
Oh believe me earbuds are for me ! I love the open sound, the liget and comfortable wait, the sitting non disturbing bud, etc. But as I said, Bose has achieved this in closed back version. I wouldn’t recommend it for its sound though. But I’m amazed by the missed opportunity here. Some DIY genius should a

I think you sort of answered the question here. We can all hope but good luck with your search!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back