Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 17, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #48,736 of 75,145
K'S Earburd LBB or Ksearphone Bell-LB ?

On AliExpress could be listed under both. I'd message the seller to confirm.

The new version is called K's LBBs (with an 's' at the end). I have yet to see it listed on Aliexpress. You can differentiate it by looking at the cable below the Y-splitter, it uses some kind of fabric material, the old LBB (black version) has the standard PVC material.

LBB_new.jpg

The box/packaging is also different. Old is small, new is large.

IMG_20200816_223553.jpg
IMG_20200816_223607.jpg

Labels on both call it the LB, so not sure about the 'LBBs'?

In any case, my white version with SPC cable has no nylon sheathing like you say the new the black one does. I can confirm my old black version did not have it.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #48,737 of 75,145
The new version is called K's LBBs (with an 's' at the end). I have yet to see it listed on Aliexpress. You can differentiate it by looking at the cable below the Y-splitter, it uses some kind of fabric material, the old LBB (black version) has the standard PVC material.

LBB_new.jpg

So where would one purchase this K's LBBs if its not listed on Aliexpress?

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #48,739 of 75,145
Hello I read here and there that the ST-10 would benefit (significantly?) from a cable change with a 17-core (copper/silver plated?). Can any owners in this forum conform and explain a bit more please? Just curiosity, I haven’t received yet the ST10 but just to know if I really need to think of an additional possible investment, thanks :)

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #48,740 of 75,145
Hello I read here and there that the ST-10 would benefit (significantly?) from a cable change with a 17-core (copper/silver plated?). Can any owners in this forum conform and explain a bit more please? Just curiosity, I haven’t received yet the ST10 but just to know if I really need to think of an additional possible investment, thanks :)

Cable changing sound signature is a big can of worms! I've seen flamewars erupt over this issue in audio forums, so it is controversial to say the least. There are 2 camps, one camp says there are no measurable changes with cable rolling while the other camp says they can hear audible difference with cable rolling.

Well i respect both camps, and indeed one will actually save a lot of money in this hobby if you don't believe in cables changing the sound. My personal experience (YMMV), is that cables do change the sound signature very subtly for some highly sensitive multi driver type IEMs, but it is not light and day difference to give an entirely new IEM. Maybe this might be due to the cables affecting resistances? Most of the cable believers will say pure copper ones give more warmth and are bassier whereas the silver plated ones tend to be brighter.

Personally, I won't spend more than $30 USD on a cable, though I have audiophile friends who buy $1000 USD cables and pair it with cheaper IEMs and earbuds. Yes, my audiophile friends claim it makes the sound "rich", well it's their money so who am I to judge, and as long as they enjoy the music with it.

With regard to the ST10, I didn't find much change in the sound using silver plated or pure copper cables, so YMMV.

Aug 17, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #48,742 of 75,145
The new 2020 tuning K's LB, currently $40-45ish iirc.

I've had the vido, ry4s, b40, me80, bk2 and older K's LB (2018/2019? & older). For me, the new K's is better sounding (extension, dynamics, balance, detail, etc). Ymmv.

I haven't heard the EA buds but others say good things about them.
Is it possible to get a link for the LB? I cannot seem to find it and it sounds interesting.

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #48,743 of 75,145
Cable changing sound signature is a big can of worms! I've seen flamewars erupt over this issue in audio forums, so it is controversial to say the least. There are 2 camps, one camp says there are no measurable changes with cable rolling while the other camp says they can hear audible difference with cable rolling.

Well i respect both camps, and indeed one will actually save a lot of money in this hobby if you don't believe in cables changing the sound. My personal experience (YMMV), is that cables do change the sound signature very subtly for some highly sensitive multi driver type IEMs, but it is not light and day difference to give an entirely new IEM. Maybe this might be due to the cables affecting resistances? Most of the cable believers will say pure copper ones give more warmth and are bassier whereas the silver plated ones tend to be brighter.

Personally, I won't spend more than $30 USD on a cable, though I have audiophile friends who buy $1000 USD cables and pair it with cheaper IEMs and earbuds. Yes, my audiophile friends claim it makes the sound "rich", well it's their money so who am I to judge, and as long as they enjoy the music with it.

With regard to the ST10, I didn't find much change in the sound using silver plated or pure copper cables, so YMMV.
Thanks a lot, quite useful and detailed reply !
PS: I wanted to write 16-core cable, phone typo :wink:

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #48,746 of 75,145
Sorry but I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify whether the version you have (the one that's in the link you gave above) is the new 2020 tuning version?

Yes, I ordered this in 'white' as black was sold out and I was sent the new version. Or at least a version with completely different tuning and different packaging than the one I ordered 6 months or so before.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #48,748 of 75,145

Users who are viewing this thread

Back