Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #48,256 of 75,121
Anyone could pitch in...

I am looking for earbuds that has rich deep bass like the MEMT T5 earpods with similar transparent MID's, highs and loudness. Can anyone direct me to such earbuds on Taobao for my next purchase? The cost and range doesn't matter to me, just as long as you have the MEMT T5 to compare it to. I would like to purchase them on the 6/18 sales coming up.

Thanks in advance!

-Clear

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #48,257 of 75,121
@prionsarebad I'd recommend taking your time working your way up. Your best values are always going to be early on, with the best compromise between cost and quality probably around $100 USD give or take. I'd probably recommend getting three starter earbuds to anyone new to this format. A brassy earbud, one with good mids, and a treble oriented to give you a reference for your tastes.

Earbuds simply cannot be compared to IEMs or full sized given their nature, so taking your time to learn and enjoy the journey will give you the best idea of exactly what you're seeking when or if you do go to TOTL. The counterargument is that if you do absolutely know you'll buy TOTL, you'll overall spend less money going straight there, but there's more of a risk of not getting the ideal sound. I haven't been around for awhile, but in my experience I feel the journey helped me the most figure out what I'm after.

Then again I did spend a large amount for my end game earbud, and also got a decent amount of what might be considered TOTL, so a lot of money could have been saved.
Just curious, which buds did you end up settling on?

Jun 15, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #48,260 of 75,121
Hello ! what to start this 10 $ buds adventure?
B40, ME 80, Datura X, RY4S, snow lotus or iris?
I like sound signature on Blon 03, AS10 and CCA C12
Thank you guys!
RY4S Plus MMCX

Jun 15, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #48,262 of 75,121
Hello ! what to start this 10 $ buds adventure?
B40, ME 80, Datura X, RY4S, snow lotus or iris?
I like sound signature on Blon 03, AS10 and CCA C12
Thank you guys!

Maybe Vido? It is very cheap earbuds, firstly. Secondly, it have pleasantly tonality. This is not best choise, but this earbuds very nice to listen, it is like home fluffy slippers.
Vido.png
Can't say about all Iris models, but I have listen to the Iris: CE. It is good bright earbuds with the upper mids accent, and good punch.

Jun 15, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #48,264 of 75,121
I read Hungry Panda's old posts and ordered Toneking to200 :) Just $40 these days.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #48,265 of 75,121
I read Hungry Panda's old posts and ordered Toneking to200 :) Just $40 these days.

The TO200 is nice, with more of a mid-Bass hump, than a low-Bass boost.

Jun 15, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #48,266 of 75,121
Hello! I am curious to know what the Shozy XB are like compared to the Willsound MK2 VJC. I currently own the MK2 and I am happy with them but I have always read good things about the XB in its price range. I doubt if they would have too similar a profile.

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #48,267 of 75,121
Update on my quest for the best sounding earbuds:

First of all, I want to thank 'mbwilson111' for her awesome list of earbuds on her profile page where I was able to follow on some of her favorite choices of earbuds. From her list of favorites, I received one yesterday which I placed an order a week ago that blew me away! ...The Yincrow RW-9! These earbuds are no joke! They don't look specifically expensive per say or have special materials and looks that set them apart from those in the upper $100 to $300 dollar range. But, what they do provide is an expensive, mature, holographic-like surrounding signature that one can not resist! These are completely balanced with a good extended low sub-bass coherent rumble, MID's that outshine in excellently on any of my earbuds I currently have, and incredible precision in the hi-end treble that sounds too good for the asking price. I wanted an earbud that will have a similar sound signature to my favorite earpod, the MEMT T5, and WOW! It actually exceeded all expectations and more!

Final thoughts:

Even though, I have a few more earbuds coming my way by delivery. It is very hard to see how they will fair with such an excellent sounding signature like the Yincrow RW-9.

Soon to arrive any day now for comparison:

TONEKING TING
EDIFIER H190 (Gold)

Hope this helps anyone looking for good sounding buds for a low budget price...

-Clear

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #48,268 of 75,121
Update on my quest for the best sounding earbuds:

First of all, I want to thank 'mbwilson111' for her awesome list of earbuds on her profile page where I was able to follow on some of her favorite choices of earbuds. From her list of favorites, I received one yesterday which I placed an order a week ago that blew me away! ...The Yincrow RW-9! These earbuds are no joke! They don't look specifically expensive per say or have special materials and looks that set them apart from those in the upper $100 to $300 dollar range. But, what they do provide is an expensive, mature, holographic-like surrounding signature that one can not resist! These are completely balanced with a good extended low sub-bass coherent rumble, MID's that outshine in excellently on any of my earbuds I currently have, and incredible precision in the hi-end treble that sounds too good for the asking price. I wanted an earbud that will have a similar sound signature to my favorite earpod, the MEMT T5, and WOW! It actually exceeded all expectations and more!

Final thoughts:

Even though, I have a few more earbuds coming my way by delivery. It is very hard to see how they will fair with such an excellent sounding signature like the Yincrow RW-9.

Soon to arrive any day now for comparison:

TONEKING TING
EDIFIER H190 (Gold)

Hope this helps anyone looking for good sounding buds for a low budget price...

-Clear

+100! Glad you're enjoying them! I love the RW9's as well (permanent spot in my favorites list) :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back