Earbuds Round-Up
May 4, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #47,762 of 75,138
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Final Audio E5000. I almost pulled the trigger on the Flares Pro 2 HD, but having the detachable cable terminated so far down was not desirable--plus they are out of stock. The Final seems to tick all the boxes I want in a portable form factor (extreme build quality with solid detachable cable terminals, very easy to fit my weird ears--no idea why people buy Universal iems like Campfire, etc. with those annoying ergonomics). I know the sound signature is pretty darn far away from the Shozy BKs that I love, but I have been playing around with my Final E2000 using my Fiio E17K, and I am extremely impressed at how well these respond when I turn down bass by 4db and turn up treble by 2 db on the E17K. Midrange moves closer to where it should, note thickness is still there, though pleasant now--not obese as it is at stock. Timbre is much more natural too. If the cheapo E2000 can scale like this, I have pretty high hopes for the E5000.

Unfortunately, there was no earbud style portable headphone that met my criteria, so I had to go back to IEMs. Still, I'll add a review here of the E5000 vs. the Shozy BK for fun if anyone cares to read it.

May 4, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #47,763 of 75,138
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Final Audio E5000. I almost pulled the trigger on the Flares Pro 2 HD, but having the detachable cable terminated so far down was not desirable--plus they are out of stock. The Final seems to tick all the boxes I want in a portable form factor (extreme build quality with solid detachable cable terminals, very easy to fit my weird ears--no idea why people buy Universal iems like Campfire, etc. with those annoying ergonomics). I know the sound signature is pretty darn far away from the Shozy BKs that I love, but I have been playing around with my Final E2000 using my Fiio E17K, and I am extremely impressed at how well these respond when I turn down bass by 4db and turn up treble by 2 db on the E17K. Midrange moves closer to where it should, note thickness is still there, though pleasant now--not obese as it is at stock. Timbre is much more natural too. If the cheapo E2000 can scale like this, I have pretty high hopes for the E5000.

Unfortunately, there was no earbud style portable headphone that met my criteria, so I had to go back to IEMs. Still, I'll add a review here of the E5000 vs. the Shozy BK for fun if anyone cares to read it.
Have you tried fad piano forte ii?

May 4, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #47,764 of 75,138
I haven't, but I gotta say they look somewhat problematic in terms of fit, and they don't have a detachable cable. I have owned other headphones with that type of form factor and it just took fiddling to get it to work. Now that I am working at home with my wife and kids, I need to be able to yoink out the earphone quickly, answer a question, etc. then put it right back in. I find these small bullet style iems or PK shells to be the most convenient for me as I can always find the fit really fast without thinking about it. Still, they look intriguing for sure! What's your take on them?

Somehow, I have found myself owning 3 different FAD headphones, though I only have 1 in my possession currently: E2000 which I ordered as sleeping iems since they disappear in my ears and offer some isolation that my earbuds don't offer. I ordered the Drop E500 for $17 since they seem to be a bit more neutralish according to reviews, and now I ordered their flagship in this series. I guess I became a FAD fan sorta overnight it seems haha.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #47,765 of 75,138
I haven't, but I gotta say they look somewhat problematic in terms of fit, and they don't have a detachable cable. I have owned other headphones with that type of form factor and it just took fiddling to get it to work. Now that I am working at home with my wife and kids, I need to be able to yoink out the earphone quickly, answer a question, etc. then put it right back in. I find these small bullet style iems or PK shells to be the most convenient for me as I can always find the fit really fast without thinking about it. Still, they look intriguing for sure! What's your take on them?

Somehow, I have found myself owning 3 different FAD headphones, though I only have 1 in my possession currently: E2000 which I ordered as sleeping iems since they disappear in my ears and offer some isolation that my earbuds don't offer. I ordered the Drop E500 for $17 since they seem to be a bit more neutralish according to reviews, and now I ordered their flagship in this series. I guess I became a FAD fan sorta overnight it seems haha.
Damn, that is a good price for the E500 since you are basically getting them for free (the Type E tips costs around 15 usd if im not wrong).

May 4, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #47,766 of 75,138

My first FAD iem was the e500 , the rest is history :-D

May 4, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #47,768 of 75,138

That's is the ergonomically worst earbuds I have ever own, bar none.

The fact that it doesn't sound good also doesn't help.

May 6, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #47,769 of 75,138
Any thoughts on OurArt Qj21 I was considering buying it but I'm not sure if I'll like the sound signature.

Screenshot_20200506-010313_Firefox.jpg

May 6, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #47,770 of 75,138
May 6, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #47,771 of 75,138
Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #47,775 of 75,138
Extreamly poor quality the Qian69 I received, the pads were dry like dust and dissolved when I put on over the buds. Don't recommend Qian anyway.

IMG_20200506_135502555.jpg
You should buy a pair of foams honestly. Hiegi foams are cheap, comes with a donut form and really good quality.

I bought earbuds once with bundled foams, the other pair was red, and guess what? They stained my white earbuds because the pigment was starting to fade away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back