Earbuds Round-Up
May 2, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #47,746 of 74,631
How do people clean their earbuds? Im sure I'm not the only with this issue but I prefer mine foamless, so some of the holes became clogged.
I use blu tack and press them against the holes. They came out like new. Applies also to your phones' charging port, volume buttons, speakers, etc.
Alcohol wipes can follow afterwards. Hope this helps! :ksc75smile:

May 3, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #47,747 of 74,631
Wow. I... Am.... Shook....

My snow lotus 1.0+'s just came in. I am blown away at the price to performance ratio these things exude. Amazing.

How am I just discovering the world of earbuds just now? Pk2' s will be in next week. Smabat s10 (silver edition) will roll in 2 or 3 weeks from now. Can't wait.
How's the fit on the snow lotus for extended listening? If its still comfortable to you, then you have a very wide world of earbuds to explore. I am one of the unlucky ones that loves these products, but can really only wear PK shells comfortably (and yes, that's with a bunch of different types of foams).

May 3, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #47,748 of 74,631
Just to check with the rest of you friends, do u guys and gals prefer earbud cables with an inbuilt mic (if you have a choice from the seller)?

I don't have measuring gear, but I've seen some of my friends reproduce some increased resistance in the side of the IEM/earbud cables with a mic. And it may be a potential source of failure in the signal chain down the line, plus some sellers charge a dollar or two more for buds with mics. Though I know some of us need the mic for work and chat purposes, and to make the bud more multipurpose as such.

I just use a cheap mic'ed earbuds for chats and confcalls plugged in the inbuilt soundcard of the laptop or PC but to listen to music I use a dedicated soundcard and earphones that don't have a mic, don't see how that can benefit to the sound it's indeed more stuff in the line.

Wish I had one of those at home for lockdown, forgot how tiring long phone calls can be on the arms/shoulders.

Ordered a nicehck b40 to remedy this.

May 3, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #47,750 of 74,631
Wow. I... Am.... Shook....

My snow lotus 1.0+'s just came in. I am blown away at the price to performance ratio these things exude. Amazing.

How am I just discovering the world of earbuds just now? Pk2' s will be in next week. Smabat s10 (silver edition) will roll in 2 or 3 weeks from now. Can't wait.

No! Don't get the Smabat's! They will ruin all of your other buds!

At least, that's what I tell myself to stop me from getting them lol.

May 3, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #47,751 of 74,631
Anybody tried the Yincrow RW9 bass edition?

May 3, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #47,752 of 74,631
May 3, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #47,753 of 74,631
May 4, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #47,754 of 74,631
No! Don't get the Smabat's! They will ruin all of your other buds!

At least, that's what I tell myself to stop me from getting them lol.
You're wrong. I had green smabats, I tried to listen to them, I did not like them and I immediately sold them. I know people who prefer other options like penon, shozy, zen or willsound/vido instead of smabat. It all depends on the individual taste of different sound signatures, and this does not mean that you will like an earbuds that costs more, like some of not expensive ones.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #47,755 of 74,631
You're wrong. I had green smabats, I tried to listen to them, I did not like them and I immediately sold them. I know people who prefer other options like penon, shozy, zen or willsound/vido instead of smabat. It all depends on the individual taste of different sound signatures, and this does not mean that you will like an earbuds that costs more, like some of not expensive ones.

In this game you should try never tell someone that they are wrong based on your personal experience. I gather you know that because you stated as much later in your post.

As an example, I love my Smabat Green ST-10 and I found they improved with use but that doesn’t make you wrong for not liking yours.

May 4, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #47,756 of 74,631
In this game you should try never tell someone that they are wrong based on your personal experience. I gather you know that because you stated as much later in your post.

As an example, I love my Smabat Green ST-10 and I found they improved with use but that doesn’t make you wrong for not liking yours.
You do not understand the essence of my post. I meant that buying smabats or other expensive earbuds with a 50/50 probability will violate all your past earbuds. Because you may not like them, like any new earbuds that we buy for guessing. Do not stop yourself from buying a new one, but this is always a risk, but it is progress and journey.

May 4, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #47,757 of 74,631

Quit trying to save me money! :wink: :)

Btw I understood your meaning. Even though I have some more expensive (and great) buds, I'm quite happy with my horde of budget buds and I still listen to them all of the time. Which is great because I can spend more time dwelling on which (more expensive) buds to take a risk on whenever the itch next takes hold. Luckily this thread is a great resource.

What was it about the Smabat's that didn't work for you?

May 4, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #47,758 of 74,631
What was it about the Smabat's that didn't work for you?
I lacked warmth, weight and musicality, I did not enjoy music. I plan to try smabat black silver or gold, they say the sound signature is changed there, maybe in st10s I will find what I was looking for in green

May 4, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #47,760 of 74,631
You do not understand the essence of my post. I meant that buying smabats or other expensive earbuds with a 50/50 probability will violate all your past earbuds. Because you may not like them, like any new earbuds that we buy for guessing. Do not stop yourself from buying a new one, but this is always a risk, but it is progress and journey.

Oh. Sorry. But I still love my Smabat Greens…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back