Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 26, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #47,641 of 75,134
Could someone kindly give impressions about the RY4S mmcx interface earbud (300ohm) please.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #47,642 of 75,134
Compared to ST-10, ST-10S is slightly less neutral in frequency distribution with a reduction in treble, giving a fainted sense of warmth and smooth. Soundstage has improved but mainly on layering / position - I see these more like trade-off rather than improvement, so basically they remain largely the same technically but tuned differently. So if you love the original ST-10, then perhaps ST-10S is not the direct upgrade you are looking for. But if you find ST-10 a bit too bright, then ST-10S might worth a try.

ST-10S Black Gold however is more like a fully opened up ST-10S, reminds me a lot of Sennheiser HD600. (*though I have not listened to HD600 for awhile, so takes it with a grain of salt). Between the two, I'll definitely recommend Black Gold first and I'll consider it as a proper upgrade of the original ST-10. It is harder to drive though, so you want to make sure you have a decent source first.

Thank!

I had just got my pair of the older ST-10 earbuds out of the letterbox when I saw a message on AliExpress from NiceHCK informing everyone of the new models. I was a bit annoyed about that but note it looks like I made the right choice.

There are still plenty of the old green ST-10 earbuds for sale. I would recommend them if you want great sound with good bass. You should be able to get them at a discount given they are superseded by the new ST-10s models.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #47,644 of 75,134
Does FAAEAL make good earbuds? Planning on getting the Litz copper cable from them on the coming sale "Refresh and recharge" on Aliexpress and might want to pick up 1 or 2 buds from them.

Currently I have the Ve Monk lite (also had Plus), HE 150pro and the Moondrop Nameless. Nameless is the only one I like out of them.
If they are not super, then at least very interesting. I have already spoken about my first impressions of FAAEAL Iris: Commemorative Edition in this thread above (I have already spoken about FAAEAL Iris: Commemorative Edition (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-15567661).
112233.png

Also I have heard from one user that Snow-Lotus can compete even with VE Monk. Maybe it is true.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #47,646 of 75,134
If they are not super, then at least very interesting. I have already spoken about my first impressions of FAAEAL Iris: Commemorative Edition in this thread above (I have already spoken about FAAEAL Iris: Commemorative Edition (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-15567661). 112233.png
Also I have heard from one user that Snow-Lotus can compete even with VE Monk. Maybe it is true.
I dont like the Monks at all though...so hope they arent similar.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #47,647 of 75,134
I dont like the Monks at all though...so hope they arent similar.

I don't heard the Monks, but this earphones have another sound character. As far as I know, Monk Plus have accent on middle (1-3 kHz). The Iris: CE have upper middle accent (maybe 2-5 kHz) and dedicated HF. They are not universal and not suitable for everyone, but in some music they show themselves well.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #47,649 of 75,134
Hello friends :ksc75smile:
I see some Faaeal models are being discussed, with the Iris 2.0 and Snow Lotus 1.0+ being recommended favorably. Would anyone care to share what is different in terms of sound character and rendering? Impedance and sensitivity is not an issue for me. Given adequate power to drive them, how do they sound? Thanks a lot.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #47,650 of 75,134
I'm looking for a MMCX earbud in the $30 price range.

I mainly listen to melodic house / techno. I've heard good things about the **** BK2 and **** PT15.

Will be powered by Galaxy S10 (and possibly EarStudio ES100 in the future, but not for now).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #47,652 of 75,134
I'm looking for a MMCX earbud in the $30 price range.

I mainly listen to melodic house / techno. I've heard good things about the **** BK2 and **** PT15.

Will be powered by Galaxy S10 (and possibly EarStudio ES100 in the future, but not for now).

Can't go wrong with the BK2, it is my most used earbud nowadays. Good technicals and balanced tuning for the price. Maybe it lacks in soundstage width, but nothing to complain at the price. Few other buds come with detachable MMCX at that pricing. I think it is $21 USD during the upcoming Aliexpress sale (starts soon today).

Maybe the RY4S MMCX type earbuds? I haven't tried them but am interested based on reviews.

Anyways, does anyone know what are the sonic differences between the RY4S 300 ohm version vs normal vs plus? TIA!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #47,653 of 75,134
Anyways, does anyone know what are the sonic differences between the RY4S 300 ohm version vs normal vs plus? TIA!
I had the same question a few pages back but no answer yet. Id like to know too...

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #47,654 of 75,134
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #47,655 of 75,134
Can't go wrong with the BK2, it is my most used earbud nowadays. Good technicals and balanced tuning for the price. Maybe it lacks in soundstage width, but nothing to complain at the price. Few other buds come with detachable MMCX at that pricing. I think it is $21 USD during the upcoming Aliexpress sale (starts soon today).

Maybe the RY4S MMCX type earbuds? I haven't tried them but am interested based on reviews.

Thanks, I'll go for the BK2.

Question, which I haven't been able to narrow down after searching this thread, are there are recommendations for good tips with earbuds (like there are for IEM's - Comply, Dekoni, Spinfits etc)?

I see a lot of generic foam covers, donut style foam covers and silicone winged eartips on Aliexpress. Wondering what I should try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back