Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #46,801 of 75,123
Yes, pk shells are more comfortable for sleeping. But, I don't want to bust any of the ones that I have - they're up in the $20 CAD region!

Hmmm. I don't have many more than the Pandas I have, as the rest are much more expensive. Looks like I need to buy more, but hopefully there are some cheap variants out there (haven't really looked prior to now). Mine are lasting well, but the cable is starting to have a bit of memory and that's starting to bug me. Kind of thought I was pretty much finished buying buds, but never thought of what happens if my sleepers get busted.

Damn :o2smile:

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #46,802 of 75,123
Hmmm. I don't have many more than the Pandas I have, as the rest are much more expensive. Looks like I need to buy more, but hopefully there are some cheap variants out there (haven't really looked prior to now). Mine are lasting well, but the cable is starting to have a bit of memory and that's starting to bug me.

Cables that turn into memory cables drive me nuts as well (I'm looking at you, silver cable buds!).

Kind of thought I was pretty much finished buying buds, but never thought of what happens if my sleepers get busted.
Damn :o2smile:

Gotta always have a reason to buy more buds!

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #46,803 of 75,123
I hear you. One of the drivers of my Silvers (Fengru TC200's) just died. Mind you, I've been using them as my sleeping buds for the last 6 months, which means mucho abuse, so I'm kind of surprised that they lasted as long as they did. I must say that I got a lot of enjoyment out of those $4 buds... and I will again someday! (ie in 39-60 days when my next ones arrive).

Pity. Those TC200's sound pretty good! Don't quite like the cable though.

P.S: For sleeping, have you tried buds with the Monk Lite-type & Edifier H180-type shells? I find them to be the most comfortable for me by far.

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #46,805 of 75,123
Pity. Those TC200's sound pretty good! Don't quite like the cable though.

P.S: For sleeping, have you tried buds with the Monk Lite-type & Edifier H180-type shells? I find them to be the most comfortable for me by far.

Yes, I have Monk lites. Problem is that I fall asleep to trance, and I need to hear some of that "slappa the bass"...
(not that Rush plays trance, but it's a good segway lol)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #46,807 of 75,123
Gotta always have a reason to buy more buds!

We need a reason?

Haha. I forgot I have a couple of pairs of Monk lites. Too many earbuds when you forget what you have. Thanks for the reminder.

This is why I keep my profile list up to date.... and consult it now and again.

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #46,808 of 75,123
We need a reason?

This is why I keep my profile list up to date.... and consult it now and again.

I generally keep mine up to date (apart from the last month). I just forget to look at it. :dt880smile:

(not that Rush plays trance..

I lost interest in Rush around the time of Hemispheres, but still remember the magic of a 16 year old at his second gig, in the front row at the Glasgow Apollo, listening to By-Tor and the Snow Dog on the Farewell To Kings tour, whilst my innards were being turned to jelly from the PA bass cabs in front of me, but unable to see much through the dry ice. Ahhh! Memories!

RIP Neil.

Ahhh, I see. Well, I fall asleep listening to BBC Radio 4's shipping forecast. Lucky me, I guess ;p

Understandable, though weird :dt880smile:

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #46,810 of 75,123
Mine should be the oldest pair in the forum, and it doesn't show any sign of oxidization so far.

Turandot and Maria are completely different. Turandot is musical and passionate, while Maria is calm and delicate - both are excellent in their own ways. As far as sound signature goes, I reckon Liebesleid is probably closer to Maria. But the truth is they are quite different enough that I don't consider either Turandot or Maria as 'direct upgrade' as far as sound signature goes.

Thanks ClieOS. So in your own opinion, what do you think is a considerable upgrade from Liebesleid? One that has a more friendly fit and has more bass presence?

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #46,813 of 75,123
Hello folks! I've been an IEManiac for the past 6 months or so, but I need the low isolation provided by earbuds for the office. I received my KB Ear Knights a few days ago and I am pleasantly surprised with the sound, build quality and the price. However, I am afraid my ears are too big and while they do not fall out of my ears, they never have a tight fit. I have the black foam donuts that came with them on the earbuds, but I cannot, for the life of me see how to double them up. The bass is much better when they are physically pressed against the ear canal. Please advise if there is any workarounds I should look into, or another, thicker-shelled earbud I should consider.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #46,814 of 75,123
Thanks ClieOS. So in your own opinion, what do you think is a considerable upgrade from Liebesleid? One that has a more friendly fit and has more bass presence?

No idea. Liebesleid, for being both airy and detailed, is sort of a kind of its own. Being pretty much flagship level also make upgrading not easy.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #46,815 of 75,123

No idea. Liebesleid, for being both airy and detailed, is sort of a kind of its own. Being pretty much flagship level also make upgrading not easy.

agree on this. the only thing that reminds me of the Liebesleid signature is the Tinaudio T2 standard.. but that's more of a downgrade to be frank, especially the treble area. that's why the silver one still stays in my modest stable, because i can't find the worthy replacement yet to this day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back