Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #45,961 of 75,063

Have been listened to these for the last hour or so - YinCrow RW-1000, fed by FiiO BTR5 + balanced cable. I am kinda surprised that I didn't see RW-1000 makes it to the 11.11 sale, but it is definitely on AliExpress now. I won't go as far as calling it flagship level, but this should make it to to the 2nd tier without any problem. Pretty good effort from YinCrow for their first trial on higher end earbuds
Hi @ClieOS can you list the ones you consider in First tier, or is there any first tier with a diaphragm of size less than 14.8mm, i would really appreciate the help.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #45,962 of 75,063
Hi @ClieOS can you list the ones you consider in First tier, or is there any first tier with a diaphragm of size less than 14.8mm, i would really appreciate the help.

Just the one that pop in my head - DQSM Turandot, Shozy BK

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #45,965 of 75,063
Thank you so much although i was wishing for something even smaller like with a 14.2mm diaphragm

Most common 14.2mm driver are those used on earpod (and previous generation of iBuds), and those just don't really sound particularly good.

However, while it might not be a flagship, Smabat M1 Pro does use a 14.2mm driver and it will beat any earpod / iBuds by miles.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #45,966 of 75,063
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #45,967 of 75,063
other than my TY Hi-Z HP150s some of this years CF bud haul(except for Zen Omega) from daily drivers at the top o serious listening high impedance ones like the zen/sun requiring proper amplification

1st row L-R: FAAEAL 64ohm Snow Lotus, Moondrop 32ohm Shiroyuki, FENGRU Tingo 32ohm TC200, Willsound MK2 mmcx
2nd row L-R: FAAEAL Datura Pro, Venture Electronic Sun DICE, Venture Electronics Zen2 Omega, Willsound MK32-8

budz-11-19-2.jpg

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #45,968 of 75,063
I don't have your particular earbud, bud it's quite typical to have some kind of peak around 3-5khz, maybe your bud has extra strong peak there (I'm generally sensitive to that range, but there are very peaky buds indeed, like the RY4C). Trying out different foams is the most direct solution, in my experience more dense foams tend to tame the 4-5khz area quite noticeably, like trig rains or those that come with B40. Other remedy would be EQ, in fact a simple general profile would benefit almost all budget earbuds in my opinion, namely increase 30-80hz and decrease 3-5khz by 1-2dB. I tend to pull down the 4-5khz area by 2dB whenever I can. I don't think any kind of burn in will solve this, there could be few exceptions but in my experience the sound doesn't change at all (maybe in the first few hours but that's about it) I measured a few buds at day 1 and they had the exact same freq response after weeks and months. However physical wear and tear may change the sound but that's another story

It will stay like that, unfortunately :frowning2:
If you feel adventurous you can still mod them but trying to open might result kiling drivers (looks like its much glued on my pair) so I didn't tried yet, I keep them using stock for now (but not listening them much anyway).
My yet best cheapest/entry level earbuds are still for now the Domoco PK2 that chitty's store made on aliexpress. Much more balanced sound.
Thanks guys. I'll probably give them to my father and get back the monks from him lol.
Maybe the original monk will sound a bit better balanced out of the DC01 :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #45,970 of 75,063
How are Venture electronics Zen 2 do they come under Total or first tier buds and how do they compare to other TOTL buds.

The Zen2s I have were not his TOTL Zen2s which were the black or white cabled Zen2s
He's since updated his line with the Suns and the one's I have are his updated ZenLL Dice at $158usd and his Sun Dice at $298usd.
His top of the line Sun, the Sun Copper runs $598usd while his TOTL iem the Grand Duke runs $1298usd

If you match these up with his amps which is the preferred thing to do, then the Defiants run from $1298-$1798 usd while his Enterprise E Lite runs $2560usd

so if you want his complete TOTL package then you would be spending something like $3000-$4500 usd for an amp and bud/iem.and no source
About the cost of an Altmann Tera Player.

The nice thing about the Suns and Zens is they only sound better the more power (especially clean power) that you can give them. Which is kind of rare for something so small. They are almost like an investment as you start building out your source options. From what I have read, I don't think anyone has maxed them out yet with their gear.

Definitely not cheap chifi stuff, although their roots are in the Monks.

Its personal taste in the end
everyone has a brand or sound that they like

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #45,972 of 75,063
Nov 19, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #45,973 of 75,063
Then there's newbies like this out there
sometimes watching guttenberg all I can do is shake my head and wonder, "really?"

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #45,974 of 75,063
Not sure if they are of interest but saw Philips has a new Earpod style earbud coming....
TAUE100BK_00-IMS-en_US

...the TAUE100BK .Always hope that Philips will have another good bud like they used to have a few really solid sounding inexpensive models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back