Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #45,527 of 74,627
Ditto. Is it (possibly) enough of an improvement over the ACG to be a worthwhile upgrade?

Also mind measuring the outside diameter and thickness of the driver housing? (If you have a caliper to do so.)

For me it is, even because I like the profile of the QJ21 more, but it is much more expensive.

As soon as I can measure it, I have a caliber, but I'm overwhelmed.

The Smabat M1 doesn't look like any of the previous ones, but it also fits my tastes.

OurArt QJ21 vs Ourart ACG.png

Can anyone review BGVP DX5

My review is here:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-dx5.24004/reviews#review-22800

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #45,528 of 74,627
FA3: Sounds good, pretty good, but... always the same.
Still, the color of the lower zone and its texture is very nice.
I can use it with my more bassist IEMS.
I can't deny that both are good DAPs, but I can't imagine how good they would be if their low zone was linear.

F.Audio FA3 vs F.Audio XS03.png

TFZ My Love III FA3 vs TFZ My Love III Playmate.png

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #45,529 of 74,627
I can't deny that both are good DAPs, but I can't imagine how good they would be if their low zone was linear.

I'll make an educated guess that the output caps on the FA3 is too small. In that case, solder in some bigger caps will solve the issue on bass roll-off.

Oct 25, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #45,532 of 74,627
Anyone see this thing?
https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/4000090081514.html

Seems like a very advanced and high quality portable dac/amp that might be ideal for earbuds users. Although it requires 5v usb out and has no internal battery so if you wanna use it with a smartphone you may need an additional power source in the chain. Probably more ideally suited to devices that outpit enough power like some tablets, laptops/pc and maybe some daps. Of course its not cheap but it seems good value for what you get.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #45,533 of 74,627
Aloha! Looking to shift to earbuds vice IEMs for listening at work (too much isolation and a PITA to take in/out when one of my minions needs me). I prefer a refined V-shaped presentation, so I have Beyerdynamic T1 (favorite, endgame), DT990/600 (close second but I deploy with it), DT1350, Shure 215, and Fidue A83 (favorite IEM). I drive them all from my PC-Modi Multibit-BH Crack or Onkyo DP-X1. I do have a JDS Atom on the way so we'll see how that works out.

At any rate, I'm not looking to spend more than $200 on a set of earbuds, though I have to admit the Mojito and the Liebesleid are attractive. After scouring the boards, I'm leaning toward the K300 Samsara, Rose Masya Pro, and K's Ling "brass cavity" (I'm assuming it's a relative of the Black Ling I keep reading about; I'm kinda new here). I've really only scratched the surface and I'm getting the impression that my taste leans in a different direction than a lot of folks. I discovered that when I announced that I despise the Sennheiser house sound (sounds like I'm listening underwater). Any recommendations for someone who really likes the T1/DT990 sound? Thanks a lot!

Oct 26, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #45,534 of 74,627
Oct 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #45,535 of 74,627
LOL Truly interested! The ST-10's were on my list, but a little further down since no one was talking about them. I'll have to give them a shot!

I was hoping to not spend more than $200, but maybe that's the price of admission for the signature I like. I'll have to dig more to choose between the Mojito and the Liebesleid. Thank you very much!

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #45,536 of 74,627
LOL Truly interested! The ST-10's were on my list, but a little further down since no one was talking about them. I'll have to give them a shot!

I was hoping to not spend more than $200, but maybe that's the price of admission for the signature I like. I'll have to dig more to choose between the Mojito and the Liebesleid. Thank you very much!
Around here everyone and their mothers have been talking about the ST-10!

The Mojito is definitely recessed in the mids if that's what you are after. I personally found its treble too harsh without mods, but maybe my unit is more emphasised than normal...

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #45,537 of 74,627

How did this make it into production? :triportsad:

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #45,538 of 74,627
Around here everyone and their mothers have been talking about the ST-10!

The Mojito is definitely recessed in the mids if that's what you are after. I personally found its treble too harsh without mods, but maybe my unit is more emphasised than normal...
Definitely mojito didn't sound recessed to me , it might be V shaped but definitely clear

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #45,539 of 74,627
Hello,
Any recommendations in the sub 50usd with great soundstage? Something that would complement the bl-03 I am in the process of ordering for 11.11?
Besides, that one cheap bud I have, I don't have much experience.

Oct 26, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #45,540 of 74,627
Around here everyone and their mothers have been talking about the ST-10!.

Yes, just yesterday, my 90-year old almost deaf mother commented on the excellent bass and clear vocals of the ST-10....

For those without a sarcasm filter, it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back