Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #44,941 of 75,146
I'm in a "fun bud" kind of mood. Listened to my Sabia V6 for a good while yesterday morning and followed with some Kube v1 for dinner. Couple of thoughts/questions. Are the Sabia V7 similar to the V6? What am I missing between the buds I listed and the Willsound MK2?

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #44,942 of 75,146
Wow, these Nicehck B40s are astonishingly good, such a vivid soundscape providing space for even the most complex prog-rock to bloom with crystal clarity. Really nothing is missing. Finally something to give my monk OGs competition. I was very disappointed with the FAAEAL Snow lotus 1.0+ CE.
Amazing how such sonic bliss can be had for so little coin

upload_2019-9-24_10-59-9.jpeg

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #44,943 of 75,146
Hi recently my HE150PRO driver started to have static sounds which annoyed the crap out of me, just wanna know what are the options available now?

Do you think the cable is causing the problem? Does it only happen if you move the cable? If so, you could recable it... or ask someone to help you. Don't just throw it away.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #44,944 of 75,146
Wow, these Nicehck B40s are astonishingly good, such a vivid soundscape providing space for even the most complex prog-rock to bloom with crystal clarity.

The B40 fire baptism I did last night took place with the most violent and congested heavy metal genres (thrash, death, black and groove). I needed to know how he would behave in the face of this great storm.

Gave all this to my B40 and it was effective in battle, played very naturally, was not anemic and did not escape the demand that was imposed. It played without entangling or distorting any frequency.

I like the buds with speed, control, power and heat across the spectrum, the fit and driver chosen in this project enchant.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #44,948 of 75,146
That's the shock of the B40s is that they are under £10.00. I have earbuds and IEMs that cost 15 times as much and are not a great deal better. A great bargain. I don't know what quality control is like though.

Sep 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #44,949 of 75,146
A few posts ago, somebody was talking about a new 250 dollar version....I think. If this 8 dollar bud is really that great, I can't wait to try the EBX. It must sound insane

EBX is pretty good. A bit too upper mid/lower treble forward imo, so it was fatiguing for me on long sessions. Overall still a very good bud. Be warned, its housing is relatively heavy and it does not like to stay in ear when worn cable down.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #44,950 of 75,146
EBX is pretty good. A bit too upper mid/lower treble forward imo, so it was fatiguing for me on long sessions. Overall still a very good bud. Be warned, its housing is relatively heavy and it does not like to stay in ear when worn cable down.
More heavy than the st15
Heavier than the pt15 you sold me? I'm beginning to think that most buds are tuned with either elevated low or upper mids. If I find the pt15 a bit too much in the upper mids / lower treble, would I not enjoy the EBX? Is it even more so?

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #44,951 of 75,146
Sep 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,952 of 75,146
More heavy than the st15

Heavier than the pt15 you sold me? I'm beginning to think that most buds are tuned with either elevated low or upper mids. If I find the pt15 a bit too much in the upper mids / lower treble, would I not enjoy the EBX? Is it even more so?

For my ears, the EBX has a little bit more low Bass than the ST-10, and they both have more Bass than the PT15. In order of wearing comfort (with cables over-the-ear), they would be: (more) PT15 -> ST-10 -> EBX (less)
But, I like the overall sound of the ST-10 the best.
So, I'm looking forward to trying the new Smabat M1.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #44,953 of 75,146
More heavy than the st15

Similar or more weight. Problem is, that weight is balanced further out than the PT15 iirc, so cable down wasn't really an option imo.

I never directly compared the two, as I owned them months apart. It's been too long to do it off of memory. Maybe @DBaldock9 who iirc owns both can chime in?

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #44,954 of 75,146
Similar or more weight. Problem is, that weight is balanced further out than the PT15 iirc, so cable down wasn't really an option imo.

I never directly compared the two, as I owned them months apart. It's been too long to do it off of memory. Maybe @DBaldock9 who iirc owns both can chime in?

We were posting at the same time... :ksc75smile:

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #44,955 of 75,146
More heavy than the st15

I find it hard to believe any earbud can be as unpleasant sounding as the PT15. My least favourite earbud purchase of all time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back