Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #44,446 of 75,125
Hello everyone, how pleased to find this centralized discussion of buds. I have RY4S common version (not UE / Plus), Qian69 and Qian25.

Qian25 is powerful and very dynamic, warm side of sound and neutral signature. I'm waiting for my lucky bag and the new neutral-tuned white Vido.

Welcome! You're starting out with some very good, budget priced earbuds.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #44,447 of 75,125
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #44,448 of 75,125
I love Qian25 :) FYI new white vido is basically the same as the old one, so v shaped bassy.. more balanced versions are y cable blue and probably red, black. Or is there a y-cable white also? I've never seen one

Really, Qian25 is superb. I'm looking forward to knowing if the lucky bag can fight it.

Have the old blue Vido and don't like the sound very much, it has little definition and it sounds muffled. The new white Vido, if it is of good quality, neutral or even V-shaped, will be pleased.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #44,450 of 75,125
I love Qian25 :) FYI new white vido is basically the same as the old one, so v shaped bassy.. more balanced versions are y cable blue and probably red, black. Or is there a y-cable white also? I've never seen one

Oh noes, so there are different Vido versions? Did anyone ever come across any fake Vido's?

Received:
Edifier H180
RY4S UE cable black
RY4S black NO Mic
RY4S Transparent-B

Not yet received:
Vido (generic blue one from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33040901591.html )
Ollivan MS16
NICEHCK Lucky Bag

I also owned the Monk VE+ and (fake?) SHE3800 already. I can easily discard those because the Monk VE+ is too big (16mm) and the SHE3800 because it doesn't sound as nice as the others (still don't know where the real version can be obtained). So far the H180 is my favorite. The RY4S UE definitely has a different driver than the normal ones, but I'm not really impressed with any of them. Would burning them in make any difference?

The Vido might be too big for me if it's 16mm also. The RY4S are 15mm which is acceptable for me.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #44,451 of 75,125
Really, Qian25 is superb. I'm looking forward to knowing if the lucky bag can fight it.

Have the old blue Vido and don't like the sound very much, it has little definition and it sounds muffled. The new white Vido, if it is of good quality, neutral or even V-shaped, will be pleased.
I have a Y-cable blue vido and I can agree it's kinda balanced but muffled and boxy
Oh noes, so there are different Vido versions? Did anyone ever come across any fake Vido's?

I ordered a generic blue one here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33040901591.html but it hasn't arrived yet.

Received:
Edifier H180
RY4S UE cable black
RY4S black NO Mic
RY4S Transparent-B

Not yet received:
Vido Blue
Ollivan MS16
NICEHCK Lucky Bag

I also owned the Monk VE+ and (fake?) SHE3800 already. I can easily discard those because the Monk VE+ is too big (16mm) and the SHE3800 because it doesn't sound as nice as the others (still don't know where the real version can be obtained). So far the H180 is my favorite.
I've had 3 white vidos and one Y-cable blue so far. All of my whites came with that horrible J-cable and they sound similar. (typical vido sound - big bass recessed mids, sparkly but rolled off highs) In July I ordered a white and blue from E-tech store (under 2usd each) and the white was slightly more v shaped and the blue is kinda balanced but muffled and boxy, like snowmind said. I opened them and they have different tuning foams inside, blue has 2x thicker than white, otherwise look the same. Blue is basically an overdampened white, so both bass and treble are rolled off to bring out the so so mids. I'd buy blue Qian25 again anytime over these.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #44,452 of 75,125
I have a Y-cable blue vido and I can agree it's kinda balanced but muffled and boxy

I've had 3 white vidos and one Y-cable blue so far. All of my whites came with that horrible J-cable and they sound similar. (typical vido sound - big bass recessed mids, sparkly but rolled off highs) In July I ordered a white and blue from E-tech store (under 2usd each) and the white was slightly more v shaped and the blue is kinda balanced but muffled and boxy, like snowmind said. I opened them and they have different tuning foams inside, blue has 2x thicker than white, otherwise look the same.

Ok so the original bassy Vido's are definitely the one with the J-cable, and the Y-cable one might be fake?

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #44,453 of 75,125
Ok so the original bassy Vido's are definitely the one with the J-cable, and the Y-cable one might be fake?
No, it's not fake, just tuned differently by color. Interesting habit of chinese manufacturers, especially that they don't give any info about this. Vido is not the only one, I've heard that other earbuds have different tunings by color, too. This is why I always mention the color/variant I have, like blue Qian25, RY4S UE etc. The drivers are the same, if you put a blue driver into a white shell it'll sound exactly like a white vido. (because the tuning foams inside are glued onto the shell)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #44,454 of 75,125
Luckybag landed. Lovely, like lots.

My lucky bag arrived a few hours ago but I have only had a little time with it. Enough to know that it sounds great! I don't know why someone thought it was bass light unless it was just not sealed in the ear enough. I have a nice tight fit with the supplied foams and everything sounds as it should to me.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #44,455 of 75,125
My latest batch of vidos. If you look closely you can see that blue vido has basically two layers of foam glued into the shell. This variant even had some glue for fixing the driver in place, I think it's because the blue driver barely snaps back with this much foam. Maybe the outer layer is removable carefully, then it'd become exactly like the white one.
vido_inside.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #44,456 of 75,125
The Vido might be too big for me if it's 16mm also. The RY4S are 15mm which is acceptable for me.
The Vido and RY4S both use the MX500 shell and are the same size.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #44,457 of 75,125
My lucky bag arrived a few hours ago but I have only had a little time with it. Enough to know that it sounds great! I don't know why someone thought it was bass light unless it was just not sealed in the ear enough. I have a nice tight fit with the supplied foams and everything sounds as it should to me.
I agree, plenty of bass for me. I'll give some more impressions in a couple of days but a very good start IMO.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #44,458 of 75,125
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #44,460 of 75,125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back