Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 2, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #41,146 of 74,630
Is there a way to do a test without opening the shell? How about setting the source to mono and comparing the result using the tone generator in my signature? I have a handful of earbuds that sound like ****, maybe out of phase?
I use this page to test my earbuds. At the bottom of the page the the binaural test the door knocks should be wide apart, if they are just close to each ear there is a problem.

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #41,148 of 74,630
BTW where can I buy that cable?
The Phi guys do. I don't know if they sell. I will buy the wires, sleeves, jacks, etc and I will do my own cables. Because of this that I will try to convert almost everything that I have to mmcx. Some nice examples:

aivXCIi.jpg

iuKsr8S.jpg

XmWHffJ.jpg

RFOFevV.jpg

ajOBDs3.jpg

868VNMC.jpg
xvcR7bV.jpg

vFM0Fku.jpg

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #41,150 of 74,630
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #41,152 of 74,630
Did anybody try Moondrop VX Pro ? I cannot find reviews.
moondrop-vx-pro.jpgmoondrop-vx-pro_acc.jpg

・ The shell is made of metal and is firm. As it is a small, I recommend wearing it with the included rubber ring and foam ear pad.
・ The main impression of the sound is characterized by a natural wide sound field and an elegant treble that extends beautifully.
・ The treble range is glittering, but it does not felt cared because it has good growth of sound.
・ The mid range sounds without being particularly depressed, and this range is also characterized by the extension of the sound.
・ The bass range is a bit relaxed and firm. It sounds like a very natural sound because it produces a sound with an added spread from the Earbuds body. The bass range is better than Liebesleid by the same manufacturer.
・ It works well with sound sources that use a large number of live instruments, as well as sound sources such as rock, pops and ballads. This Earbuds give a very natural sound, so vocals that sang well on live instrumental solos and mid-high tones will sound breathtakingly sounding.
・ If you value the sound growth and natural sounds, please try this Earbuds.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #41,153 of 74,630
Did anybody try Moondrop VX Pro ? I cannot find reviews.

Fairly neutral and slightly bright sounding. This would have been my 2nd (and safe) recommendation for those who want an earbud for classical but not sure about the Mojito (*lately I am more incline to recommend ST-10 as 2nd choice). Note that VX Pro has been discontinued and replaced by VX Classic, which has a different sound signature that is on the warmer and sweeter side.

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #41,155 of 74,630
Another arrival!

Wow, how do you guys separate these from each other? :p

6B70B607-5B55-4C9F-BA37-8FE64BA0366B.jpeg

Edit: Whoah, they all sound so nice.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #41,157 of 74,630
Any recommendations on an upgrade to the Ourart ACG (or even a sidegrade with bass)? Preferably with MMCX as well. Something with great mids/highs but actually has sub-bass and bass.

I've been looking at the EBX or maybe the new ST-10, but not too sure where to leap.

I prefer upper bass leading into lower mids (125-250hz) to be slightly less. So I think that would be well controlled bass, no bleed. So warm, mid bassy or boomy signatures aren't what I like (given my current understanding of sound signatures). I lean towards neutral or balanced and slightly bright. Perhaps even cold/analytical if I'm understanding things right.

no one will sell it, once you hear those mids there is no way back

Maybe one day. If there is anything out there with as good mid/highs that has bass.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #41,158 of 74,630
What are the go to choices at $30 and under? Preferably small shell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back