Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #41,131 of 75,139
Hi so I didn't get anything this time from Ali as I am confused I wanted to get Smabat ST 10 but not how are they since they are new so less reviews @HungryPanda suggested K's K600 but it will need an amp to drive 600 ohms I would like a portable amp because sometimes I like to move my body with the tunes so something i can keep in my pocket.

Or if someone has any better suggestion, would like to hear from @ClieOS too.
I predfer little laid-back not too much, not too forward, sweet detailed, neutral, live natural sound.

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #41,135 of 75,139
EarStudio ES100 balanced output to ST-10 = what a treat!

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #41,137 of 75,139
Apr 2, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #41,138 of 75,139
OK, so my bud journey has officially kicked off.

I see part of my AE order has shipped, but I got impatient and bought some earbuds locally to keep me occupied whilst I wait for the AE stuff to arrive.

I got the Edifier H180 and the Sony MDR-E9LP....All I can say is WOW the H180 is in a totally different league to the Sony. I'm already liking the H180 considerably more than the Monk+. Feels better better balanced, more extended both down below and in the treble region.

The Sony is, to be perfectly honest, a bit of a joke, really. I like the form, but the sound genuinely does remind me of an older AM radio. You get some upper mids and treble, but the actual fullness of the music seems to be totally MIA. Really looking forward to seeing how all the other buds I ordered stack up to the H180

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #41,139 of 75,139
Edifier do have some very good sounding earbuds. On another note I disassembled my K's K200 as it sounded really bad. I put the drivers in new MX500 shells with a new cable and whilst doing so found that one of the drivers was wound out of phase ( hence the poor performance). Now that has been sorted they now sound very good indeed. Thunderous bass and really clear highs. I'm glad I did it.

20190402_112952[1].jpg

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #41,141 of 75,139
What is that MMCX? Did you make it?
Not yet, but I plan to convert almost all my earbuds to mmcx. I plan to make my mmcx cables also, one short for Es100 and one long for home use.

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #41,142 of 75,139
Edifier do have some very good sounding earbuds. On another note I disassembled my K's K200 as it sounded really bad. I put the drivers in new MX500 shells with a new cable and whilst doing so found that one of the drivers was wound out of phase ( hence the poor performance). Now that has been sorted they now sound very good indeed. Thunderous bass and really clear highs. I'm glad I did it.

Cool! So do you like the mx500 shells or the toneking? How much of a difference did you find it made? I just put some Vido drivers into a pair of my old **** PT15 shells. The shells were modified so I'm just doing a bit of testing and tuning. I'm not the shells have such a big influence on the sound... some but I think this says a lot about driver performance. (...but then I think I have modded all the Vidos I have opened...will have to open up a fresh pair just for A/Bing...:p)

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #41,144 of 75,139

Is there a way to do a test without opening the shell? How about setting the source to mono and comparing the result using the tone generator in my signature? I have a handful of earbuds that sound like ****, maybe out of phase?

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #41,145 of 75,139
Cool! So do you like the mx500 shells or the toneking? How much of a difference did you find it made? I just put some Vido drivers into a pair of my old **** PT15 shells. The shells were modified so I'm just doing a bit of testing and tuning. I'm not the shells have such a big influence on the sound... some but I think this says a lot about driver performance. (...but then I think I have modded all the Vidos I have opened...will have to open up a fresh pair just for A/Bing...:p)
I didn't change the tuning foam that was on the driver so I think the shell cavity of the MX500 shell has increased the bass from the MX760 shell

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back