Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 23, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #40,366 of 75,135
Anyone here still using TY Hi Z 650 earbuds?

Pulled mine out to start using again and was curious if there are any new competitors around? Nothing wrong with them per se, quite enjoyable when amped properly.

Its probably worth noting I already own an og monk, custom zen 2 and stardust or whatever those shozy buds are called

I still listen to my Hi Z 650 and it's my only TOTL model. Sounds great with my LG phones with DAC enabled. I use it mostly for AB-ing to other earbuds . The HP650 probably reproduces the "proper" amount of bass from a sound engineer's perspective, but other far cheaper earbuds are more fun for many types of music.
TY Hi-Z came out with such an ambitious earbud product line and they don't get much discussion here. It appears that K's earbuds, also offering many models, have gotten more traction.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #40,367 of 75,135
Somebody loves their Ling! :)

I've actually taken a giant leap of faith on the Black Lings based on my love of my Moondrop VX Pro, but my need for more sub bass. Based on everything I've read, the bass is beautiful and well extended, the form factor and fit is very similar, and they have amazing detail. Them being drop dead gorgeous also played a roll, I can't lie. The White Ling and To600 are much less expensive, making them better for daily commuting. The 2.5 Black Ling is mostly for at home listening.

Feb 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #40,369 of 75,135
Yeah, I feel like I've got high quality, bassy buds covered with the Willsound MK2, so I wanted to go with something fully different from that with my jump up to the next price tier.

Yeah, I am looking for something good with mmcx at this price point. Not so many options: TO400, EBX, Svara L....

Don't forget to include the Ourart ACG or Ti7. If you're looking for good mids/highs or good mids in a completely different sound signature.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #40,371 of 75,135
One of my Kube V1s has apparently been lost by the Royal Mail. My orange pair arrived in the country on January 30th and has not been tracked since. My purple one (along with my husbands blue one and an original Faaeal) arrived at the same time on the same day and was delivered on February 1st. I wish I had ordered the orange at the same time as the others but I had planned to wait until I listened to the purple one. Then I ended up ordering it a couple of days later because I was afraid they would all be out of stock if I waited:frowning2:

I do hope that they will show up someday, somehow. That feeling of waiting for nothing is terrible!

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #40,377 of 75,135
Feb 24, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #40,379 of 75,135
What is your opinion now of the ATH-CM2000Ti, compared to TOTL earbuds?
The list price has dropped to $400 US. You can even order them from Walmart!
Well, unsurpassed details throughout the range, but with a compact fast bass and excessive brightness in the range of female vocals, which can be tedious even with a dark source. Technically it fine, melodiously controversial.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #40,380 of 75,135
Well, unsurpassed details throughout the range, but with a compact fast bass and excessive brightness in the range of female vocals, which can be tedious even with a dark source. Technically it fine, melodiously controversial.

I like the sound of Shozy Cygnus (= Docomo Earbuds) with a pretty good quality and balance.
Do you think that the sound quality and balance of the ATH-CM 2000Ti is better than Shozy Cygnus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back