Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #40,232 of 75,144
I'm overwhelmed, too much! So.. I have to start somewhere. Would you help me choose a pair?

Looking for 8€ earbuds in aliexpress:
-Faaeal snow lotus 1.0 64Ω
-DIY EMX500
-K's 64Ω
-Yincrow X6

Or these for 15€
-Yincrow RW-9
-Toneking TP16

If you only care about getting a good sounding earbud with sufficent bass and decent treble and mids, get a Vido for $2 (there are links in earlier posts. I can post later if you can't find the link). The cable is kind of thin and the plug typical - cheap. They are pretty amazing, the best value IMO of any earbud. Many of us get more than one, since occationally there are bad ones.

I have the SL 1.0+ CE, which is not available for sale at the moment. I haven't used a SL 1.0 so can't comment.

I hate to sound like a broken record, the Yincrow x6 is basically a Vido with nicer plug and cable. I have one and it's a nice earbud. But you can do better for not much more.

If you are the kind of person that will be happy with one earbud, some here really love the Yincrow RW-9 and it appears to have nice build components for the price US$17 from Ali the last time I checked. I have a few incoming based on comments by people here.

You really can't go wrong with anything on your list. If you're looking for a specific sound, or use mostly for one genre of music, let us know.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #40,233 of 75,144
I just bought this beautiful leather pouch! And I got these buds free i guess

Looks amazing, super jealous, share some impressions when you can! I probably won't ever get to spend that much on earbuds, even plastic Blurs are too rich for my blood, we're in car payment territory :')

EDIT: never mind about the car payment I just realized those are the docomos drivers he’s modding, now I really want impressions

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #40,234 of 75,144
Anyone try these Leagginal? Came across them just a bit ago in my search for PK shell earbuds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY...ne-hole-shell-without-R-L-on/32922747759.html

DIY-earphone-pk-series-pk1-pk2-sr2-pro-sunrise-one-hole-shell-without-R-L-on.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #40,235 of 75,144
K's 64.......

Hey! I saw you recommending this in other post.
Behind dot dot dot... perhaps something importante to add? (maybe too much for a n00b) If you want, I'm all ears!

If you only care about getting a good sounding earbud with sufficent bass and decent treble and mids, get a Vido for $2 (there are links in earlier posts. I can post later if you can't find the link). The cable is kind of thin and the plug typical - cheap. They are pretty amazing, the best value IMO of any earbud. Many of us get more than one, since occationally there are bad ones.

I have the SL 1.0+ CE, which is not available for sale at the moment. I haven't used a SL 1.0 so can't comment.

I hate to sound like a broken record, the Yincrow x6 is basically a Vido with nicer plug and cable. I have one and it's a nice earbud. But you can do better for not much more.

If you are the kind of person that will be happy with one earbud, some here really love the Yincrow RW-9 and it appears to have nice build components for the price US$17 from Ali the last time I checked. I have a few incoming based on comments by people here.

You really can't go wrong with anything on your list. If you're looking for a specific sound, or use mostly for one genre of music, let us know.

Yes I took a look at Vido and Quian25 from nicehck, I hear good things about they but I already have a cheap earbud (sennheiser mx170) and I was looking for something better -still cheap-, a good deal (something like the CCA C10 but in earbuds) or deals.

I listen to The clash, Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Metallica first albums.. but I often listen M.Davis, Coltrane or Mingus.. also Pj Harvey, Tindersticks, Jack white... Morphine of course (nickname) so I believe this is not going to be very helpful!

K's.. Rw-9.. (vido?)

Thanks both for the help!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #40,236 of 75,144
of all of that list I would pick up the K's 64 every time,it just sounds so good

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #40,237 of 75,144
I listen to The clash, Ramones, Led Zeppelin, Metallica first albums PJ Harvey, Jack White
SHE3800 or Vido (When letting it rip in lo-fi!)
M.Davis, Coltrane or Mingus.. also Tindersticks, Morphine
E808+ (For soundstage)

Buy all 3 for less $30. Others should have better recommendations further up the price range.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #40,238 of 75,144
I'm starting to panic that the Kube might not return and I ONLY got a single pair. Listened tonight and I always want it as an option in my stable. Was wondering if anyone had any comparisons with a couple of other buds that I feel are described similarly. Specifically the Sabia (which are on their way) and the Willsound MK1. Is there a chance that they have interchangable qualities or are the Kubes as unique as I think they are?

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #40,239 of 75,144

E808+ (For soundstage)

Buy all 3 for less $30. Others should have better recommendations further up the price range.

I'm with you on those choices Purplesun. The one copy of the SHE3800 that I have (a friend recabled) continues to surprise me in a good way! The E808+ is a bit sibilant but has incredible resolution for the price. But like the others has a flimsy cable and cheapish jack, which do not impact sound quality.

Was just listening to the 2017 Nicehck Graphene clear shell, balanced, maybe a little bright, and that's pretty amazing too. That would be great based on what the OP listens to. I doubt the OP wants anything with "2017" in the product name! And I'd ask Nicehck to lower the price.
I think a Faaeal is really doing earbuds right these days. Still consider the 1.0 or 1.0+.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #40,240 of 75,144
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #40,241 of 75,144

E808+ (For soundstage)

Vido is a perfect recommendation. Never thought about the 808+ for soundstage but you are absolutely right. Listening to Kind of Blue and Sketches of Spain sounded MASSIVE.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #40,242 of 75,144
I'm with you on those choices Purplesun. The one copy of the SHE3800 that I have (a friend recabled) continues to surprise me in a good way! The E808+ is a bit sibilant but has incredible resolution for the price. But like the others has a flimsy cable and cheapish jack, which do not impact sound quality.
What do I know? I haven't bought a new earbud since early 2017.
I am the one-eye/ear king/idiot in the land of newer earbud releases.
:)

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #40,243 of 75,144
What do I know? I haven't bought a new earbud since early 2017.
I am the one-eye/ear king/idiot in the land of newer earbud releases.
:)

I was the same way - my purchases ended in (late) 2017, and now back getting some new earbuds. Maybe our old ones are no good compared to the new? Only one way to find out:jecklinsmile:

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #40,244 of 75,144
Yes, indeed. The MK2 is still my most used earbud...but it has seen better days.

You compare it to an Ety, but does it have the data retrieval and naturalness of an Ety, or is it just as close as it gets?
I've been itching to get it for a while, but just can't bring myself to commit to buying it...

Tonally it is really close, especially when using thin foams or none at all. the PK16 has less intimate mids, and less top treble BA sparkle that the Ety has. still quite a feat, as that is not easy to accomplish even with other IEMs. this is and earbud, and a mid tier price at that.
only the Liebesleid has more treble sparkle than even the Ety, but to some it might come across as "too much seasoning" and "not studio monitor accurate"

switching between them is seamless and require little to no adaptation period. as you already know since you have one, sometimes switching from/to ety from other iems (even more so from earbuds) require a bit adjustment period, or else the ety would sound too thin, or the other too boomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back