Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #39,871 of 75,059
Got my sub $2 Vido's on the 30th. Started burning in on the 31st and just pulled them off today. For the price, not bad.

20190131_005718.jpg

After 190-200ish hours I find it sounds like the bass/mid-bass/lower mids are too much or too 'warm' a signature for me. Highs are a bit rolled off, mids recessed but again it has plenty of bass. Nothing that EQ'ing can't fix.

I also spent a couple minutes 'fixing' the J-cable. Right bud came apart with ease, just had to snag the cover with my thumbnail.

20190208_162145.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #39,873 of 75,059
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #39,874 of 75,059
Lol thanks this opened a can of worms for me, I never know when to stop EQ’ing. But I mean I got it closer to listenable atleast, had to add a fake 10” inch sub to fill in the low end and dial the 6hz down atleast 3db.

Wish these didn’t look so good or I’d just give up on them now :floatsmile:

Did you try different foams? If you have some thicker full foams it may both reduce your treble issues and bring the bass forward.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #39,875 of 75,059
Did you try different foams? If you have some thicker full foams it may both reduce your treble issues and bring the bass forward.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m already rocking double foams on the wooden tian’s not super thick though, and that did help the bass and some of the treble issues and better isolation for me. But alas something is bugging me about them still, need more time.

Nice work on the vido J cable btw, looks super clean!

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #39,876 of 75,059
Got my sub $2 Vido's on the 30th. Started burning in on the 31st and just pulled them off today. For the price, not bad.

After 190-200ish hours I find it sounds like the bass/mid-bass/lower mids are too much or too 'warm' a signature for me. Highs are a bit rolled off, mids recessed but again it has plenty of bass. Nothing that EQ'ing can't fix.

I also spent a couple minutes 'fixing' the J-cable. Right bud came apart with ease, just had to snag the cover with my thumbnail.

I think you can change the cable to tune up the highs( since vido is lacking in this area )

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #39,878 of 75,059
Yeah, he knows his stuff.

He also warned me about putting the grills of the ZoomFred against eachother, since the magnets are stronger than what he normally use. If the magnets are exposed to too strong magnetic attraction, they might become displaced (as far as I understand it).

Looking forward to reading more of your impressions on your ZoomFred Pro.
My impression is that I found the one. Bass, mids, treble and a 3d soundstage... I believe that ZoomFred is what you expect to hear from a true TOTL, what a TOTL should be. It works very well with everything that I have here (IFI BL, Mojo, ES100, V20, etc). With the ES100 I can ajust ZoomFred even more (Eq but I really don't need)... ZoomFred is without any doubt my best earbud by far. Do you know that sensation that the same song is totally different and different in a awesome way? It's like you are listening to another record. The thing I wanted most is to know how Herry can tune this earbud so well.

I will enjoy a bit more and I plan to get a Red Dragon from Herry in a near future. I'm really enjoying the ZoomFred.

Thank you @Danneq and @golov17 for help me to choose between to many options!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #39,879 of 75,059
I have the Zen LL and love it. It is one of only a few buds that I have with a balanced cable. I had the Zen Lite (bought used). Traded with my husband for the LL...because he has more serious amps.

I don't have nor have I heard any of the others. I personally will not spend that much for any bud. Too fragile plus I am having too much fun with inexpensive ones like the Kube, the Faaeals, and others...especially the ones my husband @HungryPanda has been making.

I think he had made ten for me so far. :). He has also recabled several others.
I love Zen LL so much that I bought one RunAbout just to get a spare pair :). I have two :p

20190209-020353.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #39,880 of 75,059
So...what happen with this TINGO brand?

Just read on ''earbuds anonymous'' somebody that suggest TC200 for great bass and make fast google search and find this picture share ON THIS VERY THREAD like billions year ago (page 235 lol)

After i became obsess making more search finding this very TC200...unsuccessful.

Why....why....WHY! Anybody know a way to find them or...is it now the very Fengru Silver im excited about (yeah, they are called TC200 too sometime ugh)
8585386.jpg

I'm very interested in a sub-16mm earbud, any more of these? I don't care about sound quality too much as long as it's fairly cheap and not awful.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #39,882 of 75,059
Hi. I'm interested in buying my first pair of earbuds. Looking for something that is well made, built to last and feels premium. In terms of tonal balance, I'm looking for something similar to the porta pros (with better bass extension and slightly more present treble), if possible. I also need the cable to be detachable. Looking to spend ~$100. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #39,885 of 75,059

Users who are viewing this thread

Back