Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 28, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #39,511 of 75,122
Just received today my 2 pairs of Snow Lotus 1.0+ Commemorative Edition, finally! :)
First impression OOTB is pretty impressive, installed VE extreme thin foams, I found the sound overall slightly colder that I'm used to listen with my EMX500 mods, but sound sig is very pleasant and interesting. I didn't found any lacking, bass has much more presence than 1.0, soundstage is much larger/deeper, there is much details, overall it has a sllight bright sound (could be fixed depending on toams used) but definitely no harshness nor sibilance. Highs and mds are much fine tuned. I agree with what has been said previously, 1.0+ is a much better 1.0 (especially in bass and soundstage).
Those 1.0+ so far, are one of my favorites!
Didn't have much time to spend with them before going back to work, so I will let you know more after few hours of burning and listening :)
Also, the cable is already very good and very pleasing to manipulate (excepted this big Y-plitter). Not sure I will recable them. Maybe with a little hole on bass port, I'm sure these gonna be a beast!
I'm very happy to have ordered two of them, hehe
I dislike that splitter also but the cable is really nice otherwise. I've ordered their replacement cables for my miniXLR AKG's and HD650. They're exactly the same as the Commemoratives. Short and great for desk listening.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #39,514 of 75,122
@subwoof3r You should try SL 2.5mm Balanced Edition next! The BEST Faaeal! :)

That is a great bud. I'm using it a lot since I got it late last year.
Unfortunately I still don't have any 2.5mm Balanced equipment yet :frowning2: will it sound the exact same if I use a balanced>3.5mm adapter ?
Also, a quick comparative with SL 1.0+ would be appreciated (if possible) :)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #39,515 of 75,122
Unfortunately I still don't have any 2.5mm Balanced equipment yet :frowning2: will it sound the exact same if I use a balanced>3.5mm adapter ?
Also, a quick comparative with SL 1.0+ would be appreciated (if possible) :)
The SL 2.5mm Balanced is the SL 1.0+ with better mids and highs, more clearity. Same sound signature but better quality :smile_phones: SL 1.0: 5.5/10, SL 1.0+: 9/10 and SL 2.5mm: 10/10 :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #39,516 of 75,122
The SL 2.5mm Balanced is the SL 1.0+ with better mids and highs, more clearity. Same sound signature but better quality :smile_phones: SL 1.0: 5.5/10, SL 1.0+: 9/10 and SL 2.5mm: 10/10 :ksc75smile:
Is it the same driver as 1.0+ just with a balanced cable? If you know of course?

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #39,518 of 75,122
My DP100 has arrived. Sounds great out of the box (no box just bubble wrap). Using it today with a small pocketable dap.

R0014211.JPG

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #39,519 of 75,122
So i got the Sabia V6 and the Kube's.

I like them both a lot, however the Sabia wont stay in my ears during walking so it probably isnt gonna be a option as daily driver.
The Kube's sound a lot better than i thought initially, the bass is excellent and with some songs i have trouble keeping the Sabia and Kube's apart.
Overall i like the Sabia's sound the most, but the cables make them fall out of my ears easily it seems.
The Kube's cable is extremely light and thin, it stays in my ears better due to this but you can see it's a lower quality cable and the connector is a bit busted up when you rotate the connector you can hear interference.
I havent the tested the Kube's fully tho, so it might change.

Still waiting for my Japan Docomo & JVC's.

Currently Qian69 and Sabia V6 are the best i have i think.

Glad you are liking both the Kube and the Sabia! Fwiw I find the Sabia's to stay in fine if I use a shirt clip.

I got the Kubes and the SL 1.0+ Commemoratives in last week. I've been spending a lot of time with the Kubes. I've never heard bass like that from an ear bud and the soundstage is exactly as advertised in these forums. I'd be interested to hear your comparison to the Sabia after you've listened a bit more. eBay seller says they're very limited and he has 3-4 pairs to list. Wondering if I should stalk his listings or just be happy. Oh, and how the heck yo get Docomos and JVC's? Keep seeing them but have no idea where they're sold.

Glad you are liking both the SL1.0+ and the Kube!

The Sabia V6, SL1.0+ and Kube1 are my current holy trinity of awesome sounding budget buds :)

@subwoof3r You should try SL 2.5mm Balanced Edition next! The BEST Faaeal! :)

Are you referring to this one?:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...MP3-Player-Amplifier/2178200_32889629399.html

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #39,520 of 75,122
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #39,522 of 75,122
My DP100 has arrived. Sounds great out of the box (no box just bubble wrap). Using it today with a small pocketable dap.

Where did you purchase the DP 100 from? I see at least two different stores on Ali. What would you compare them to - from your exensive list of earbuds? Thanks!

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #39,523 of 75,122
Where did you purchase the DP 100 from? I see at least two different stores on Ali. What would you compare them to - from your exensive list of earbuds? Thanks!

This was the only one that had the silver color that I wanted (and a straight plug).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...iFi-In-Ear-Earphone-HD-Sound/32831005293.html

I have only listened to a couple of albums and was enjoying what I was hearing out of that little dap. I can't find any fault with it but I enjoy different sound signatures and am happy as long as I am enjoying my music.

I can't really compare at this point. I have too much plus I have more recently been listening with the buds that my husband has made.

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #39,524 of 75,122
This was the only one that had the silver color that I wanted (and a straight plug).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...iFi-In-Ear-Earphone-HD-Sound/32831005293.html

I have only listened to a couple of albums and was enjoying what I was hearing out of that little dap. I can't find any fault with it but I enjoy different sound signatures and am happy as long as I am enjoying my music.

I can't really compare at this point. I have too much plus I have more recently been listening with the buds that my husband has made.

Understood. I find that I can either AB different earbuds OR listen and enjoy music, but not both. I'd rather listen to music. And right now my EB200 earbuds and OK Computer FLAC played on my LG V30 sounds pretty amazing!

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #39,525 of 75,122
Understood. I find that I can either AB different earbuds OR listen and enjoy music, but not both. I'd rather listen to music. And right now my EB200 earbuds and OK Computer FLAC played on my LG V30 sounds pretty amazing!

I will pick the music every time. The only reason I have so much is because I get curious and my husband is an enabler... as are most of the people here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back