Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 14, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #38,311 of 75,148
Have you tried the Narcissus 2.0, and if so, how does it compare? I've ordered it as well but it's going to take a few more weeks to get here, but I'm even more stoked for it now that I've listened to the Snow Lotus.
Datura X is a worthy bud, and my favorite of the Faaeal’s that I have. I also have the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Narcisssus. Both of those are good too. The X is probably the best all rounder of the bunch and has a great visceral energy that I like. Plus the build is great with a really comfy metal shell.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #38,312 of 75,148
Just received a pair of PureSounds 醇声 PS100-600S "Pop Edition" (600Ω); 2.5TRRS Balanced; 600-core copper cable from @chaiyuta

I really like the feel of the cable; initial listening session commences!

Puresounds Logo.jpg

1c167485-aafc-4479-9987-8cee3fe5bbb0.jpg

5e7cefc4-06e7-445e-afea-e79da7ca2564.jpg

Puresounds PS100-600S 600Ω_90dB SPL.PNG
Ear Buds connected to "Steampunk"
The 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm adapter is my now third FiiO L26... these lil' boogers sure do have legs!
b07e8f4e-3738-421c-91ee-b872bb5a1eb2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #38,314 of 75,148
I would highly appreciate it if someone that's tried all three (or just 2) could give me a quick overview of how the Qian69, the ry4s UE and the Snow Lotus 1.0 compare in terms of highs, mids, lows, soundstage and separation. I want to buy a few headphones but I don't want too many of a similar signature (due to my minimalist nature), and as I understand it these are somewhat similar, so it would be nice to know which one is the closest to my preferences.
Thanks in advance.

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #38,315 of 75,148
Datura X is a worthy bud, and my favorite of the Faaeal’s that I have. I also have the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Narcisssus. Both of those are good too. The X is probably the best all rounder of the bunch and has a great visceral energy that I like. Plus the build is great with a really comfy metal shell.
How's the sound signature of the Datura X? Faaeal themselves say it has less bass than the Snow Lotus or Narcissus 2.0, so it doesn't sound like it's for me .

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #38,316 of 75,148
How's the sound signature of the Datura X? Faaeal themselves say it has less bass than the Snow Lotus or Narcissus 2.0, so it doesn't sound like it's for me .
I can only compare to the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Narcissus but...I think the Datura X has more energy, better soundstage, better detail retrieval. The bass is not lacking at all, but it is less pervasive. The 2.0 has a more plentiful bass, but it's "fluffier", more encompassin but not as impactful. I don't think the 2.0 or the Narcissus (which is actually a bit tamer than the 2.0 but cleaner) have as good a driver as the X. I think the X is just more capable and competent as an all-rounder and fits better(for me). There's just a solidity to it that the others don't quite have. Could be the shell.
edit: The bass. I think it's more like the X has better separation of sub and low bass whereas the 2.0 kind of blends those two together more.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #38,317 of 75,148
PH-10 is a very well made earbud, consider that it only costs $10. It just lacks a bit of airiness and detail to make it to the next level.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EB41.jpg

Hifiboy Dream
K's Earphones 'Black Bell' (Black Ling) balanced
K's Earphones Beryllium driver 180ohm prototype (纯铍180欧工程版)
K's Earphones 'White Bell' (White Ling) balanced

EB42.jpg

K's Earphones K32
K's Earphones K300
K's Earphones K64

EB43.jpg

VE Monk Omega
VE Asura Omega
VE Zen Omega

EB44.jpg

VE Monk Lite 40ohm SPC balanced
VE Monk Lite 120ohm SPC balanced
VE Zen Lite balanced

EB45.jpg

Simphonio Dragon2+ (SWD2+)
Shozy BK Limited

EB46.jpg

Polvcdg A6
EMX500
EMX500S

EB47.jpg

Z Acoustics 'DaoMaDan' (刀马旦)
Yincrow RW-9

EB48.jpg

BGVP DX3s
PMV BE
Blox TM9

EB49.jpg

Mi (Xiaomi) Dual Driver Earphones BRE01JY
Dai-K DK-震(Zhen)
Faaeal Datura X
NiceHCK EB2

EB50.jpg

Mega Master A7
Mega Master HD1000
Yincrow RW-9 Balanced
**** PT25
ZEVA The Dragon 2.0
ZEVA The Dragon S

EB51.jpg

WillSound MK1 Special Edition
ZEVA 雪灵 Snow
ZEVA 塞壬 Siren
ZEVA 东皇 DonHuang (*East Emperor)

EB52.jpg

Rose Masya 2 (a.k.a. Masya Pro)
Google Glass earbuds (reterminated with mmcx)
K's (凯) Bell-Ti 32ohm Low Impedance Edition
K's (凯) Bell-Ti 120ohm High Impedance Edition

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #38,320 of 75,148
I've been lurking about this thread quite a bit and I have to say everyone here really got me going into the whole Chi-fi earbuds thing. About two weeks ago I got the Ourart ACG and the Svara-L (32) in the mail. I bought them mainly because they look really nice -- that gunmetal look really kills it for me.

Both of them are excellent but have some quirks. When I first unboxed the ACG I was too lazy to apply the donuts (I think someone should put a how-to guide about these, somewhere) and I just threw the extra foams from the Monks on them. They were detailed in the treble but much too bright. After fiddling with them -- changing sources, amping, EQ, pressing them into my ears, whatnot -- I realized there were three inconspicuous vents at the back that weren't covered by the foams. Guess what, upon applying the original donuts (which cover the vents adequately) the bass was restored and brightness pared back. Now they sound positively crystalline -- I'm hazarding a guess that it's like the Ti7, but with more detail and less richness?

The Svaras were a different story. Right out of the box I drove them straight out of my Fiio X5 III and they just sounded painfully harsh, with vocals sounding like they were funneled through a paper cup. It's like drinking a cup of coffee that's too acidic, in the aural sense. But when I drove them out of my laptop > iFi Micro BL with the knob at 12 o'clock they sounded like how I'd imagined them from reading this thread. Very wide stage, rich but not overwhelming bass, and very, very impressive separation. The separation was what impressed me the most. I remember that someone on this thread complained that they were too bright. Maybe more power might solve that problem, based on my experience -- which is quite strange considering that they're 32ohms. And that means there's no way to use these in a portable fashion.

I might post some pics shortly, I got some really nice-looking cables for them.

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #38,321 of 75,148
I bought a bunch of Vidos for Xmas gifts... And one to play with. Wow! Have to say these are a very good base for modding!

Recabled with sleeved breaded litz and tuned.

My Samsara's are still king of depth but these are still holographic and wide, but not quite as dark. Litz was probably not the best choice for wire but it was cheap. Sleeving reduced microphonics significantly... Amazing!

15449794527101081829990.jpg

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #38,322 of 75,148
The Svaras were a different story. Right out of the box I drove them straight out of my Fiio X5 III and they just sounded painfully harsh, with vocals sounding like they were funneled through a paper cup. It's like drinking a cup of coffee that's too acidic, in the aural sense. But when I drove them out of my laptop > iFi Micro BL with the knob at 12 o'clock they sounded like how I'd imagined them from reading this thread. Very wide stage, rich but not overwhelming bass, and very, very impressive separation. The separation was what impressed me the most. I remember that someone on this thread complained that they were too bright. Maybe more power might solve that problem, based on my experience -- which is quite strange considering that they're 32ohms. And that means there's no way to use these in a portable fashion.

I might post some pics shortly, I got some really nice-looking cables for them.
Strange, I usually drive them with my Xiaomi Mi A1 and to me they never sounded harsh (I use thin foams with them). I am pretty sensitive to brightness and treble spikes too (I haven't used my ATH-M40x in a while because of that).

Dec 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #38,323 of 75,148
Hi. I've been following this forum for a long time and first of all I want to say thank you. I'd like to have some of your great advice. I don't feel comfortable with IEMs and at the same time I don't feel comfortable to give them to someone. I want to give good quality earbuds round-up to my girlfriend. What can you suggest me in the range 50-100 euros? If it's possibile, something I can find on Amazon Italy to get a faster delivery.

Dec 17, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #38,324 of 75,148
Wow, these Sabia V6's are good.

20181216_213755_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #38,325 of 75,148
That's a bit of an understatement there master waynesworld.
DSCF0026.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back