Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 12, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #38,297 of 75,075
Why does the Shozy Stardust look like the Yuin PK-series? Is it possible that they share similar drivers?
Same housing, like the mx500 housing originally developed by sennheiser and now used in like 85% of chi fi earbuds. The Yuin PK type housing is also very popular for its comfortable size and snug fit.

And it seems that copyright is not a big obstacle in chinese manufacting.

Also you would be right to say the drivers are similar (same diameter and similar specs) but the tuning is different and the manufacturing process and build matierial on the diaphram/coil/magnet may vary somewhat.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #38,298 of 75,075
Didn't live up to the original hype?
I really enjoy them a lot, but it's just I want to try another TOTL that corresponds me better :) (a better allrounder for electronic music mainly, which I listen approx 80% of the time)
And I already have my idea on which will be my next TOTL :wink:

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #38,299 of 75,075
Why does the Shozy Stardust look like the Yuin PK-series? Is it possible that they share similar drivers?

@ClieOS said below.
"Actually, that particular housing, which is often being referred as the PK housing, is not even Yuin's own design. It was originated from Japan and used on a few NTT Docomo's headset in the old days, probably all the way back to the late 90s.".

And Shozy Cygnus (and Stardust)'s housing is also the same as Docomo earbuds's.

In addition it is said that Shozy Cygnus's driver (which is made in Japan) is the same as Docomo earbuds's.
The FR graph of Shozy Cygnus and Docomo earbuds are almost same like below.
DoCoMo vs ShozyCygnus(player.ru)-2.jpg

In this way, PK series and Shozy both have common Docomo earbuds housing. So it is possible that they can exchange drivers.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #38,300 of 75,075
I really enjoy them a lot, but it's just I want to try another TOTL that corresponds me better :) (a better allrounder for electronic music mainly, which I listen approx 80% of the time)
And I already have my idea on which will be my next TOTL :wink:

what would be your next conquest? :ksc75smile:

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #38,304 of 75,075
I'll probably also try covering the vents with some tape/vinyl or grab some micropore tape to see if I like it better with a bit more bass/sub-bass (without having to use the EQ).

Well, I did the tape test and made little to no difference (to me). The increase in bass/sub-bass quantity is due to the light pressure I'm giving making the PT25 shape seal like an IEM against my ear canal.

I put donut foams on mine which helps the fit, takes the sharpness off the treble and increases the bass slightly. I also wear them over-ear.

Good to know. I'm not treble sensitive (I think), I don't have any issues with sibilance on these at all. Although I don't have any 'good' sources, just my laptop and Note 4. I already ordered both regular and donut foams a while ago. Like everything else from aliexpress, just waiting for them to arrive.

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #38,305 of 75,075
Just an FYI, Faaeal has most of their offerings available on Amazon in the US, with a few Snow Lotus models available with same day shipping in my city. Ordered a Snow Lotus 1.0 and Narcissus 2.0. Can't wait to give them a shot.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #38,307 of 75,075
Just received the Snow Lotus 1.0 64ohm, and I'm impressed. Much warmer, fuller, and more bass forward than the VE Monk Plus, which is what I was hoping for. Highs are a little more present than I like (but not sharp or sibilant), as I like my treble to roll off pretty significantly (Koss Porta Pro and Sennheiser IE80 S are my favourite sound signatures, for reference), but the Snow Lotus is still really impressive for me at first listen. If you're someone who likes lots of detail while still getting good warmth and low end, these things will probably knock your socks off. The foams are also way more lush and comfortable than the ones that come with the Monk Plus. Packaging and build are both stupidly premium for an earbud that costs $10 and sounds this good.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #38,308 of 75,075
Just received the Snow Lotus 1.0 64ohm, and I'm impressed. Much warmer, fuller, and more bass forward than the VE Monk Plus, which is what I was hoping for. Highs are a little more present than I like (but not sharp or sibilant), as I like my treble to roll off pretty significantly (Koss Porta Pro and Sennheiser IE80 S are my favourite sound signatures, for reference), but the Snow Lotus is still really impressive for me at first listen. If you're someone who likes lots of detail while still getting good warmth and low end, these things will probably knock your socks off. The foams are also way more lush and comfortable than the ones that come with the Monk Plus. Packaging and build are both stupidly premium for an earbud that costs $10 and sounds this good.
I concur.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #38,309 of 75,075
I concur.
Have you tried the Narcissus 2.0, and if so, how does it compare? I've ordered it as well but it's going to take a few more weeks to get here, but I'm even more stoked for it now that I've listened to the Snow Lotus.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #38,310 of 75,075
Have you tried the Narcissus 2.0, and if so, how does it compare? I've ordered it as well but it's going to take a few more weeks to get here, but I'm even more stoked for it now that I've listened to the Snow Lotus.
Sorry, not in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back