Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 23, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #37,816 of 75,134
Thank you very much!

Is it worth the money?

I was hoping to grab it with a black Friday sale but I don't think there's any promotion for it :)

I believe it’s worth the money a year ago. I originally bought the BK and I like it a lot. So I quickly ordered the Limited edition before it came out a year ago. I have a lot of good earbuds on hand but I ended up spend much more time on this one. The cable of the limited edition and plug will never be outdated is of first class material. When I didn’t like the earbuds again, I just needed to convert it to a mmcx cable for other buds.

However, if I wanted to spend the same money today, I would spend the same money on ATH CM2000ti!

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #37,817 of 75,134
Yeah
Consider to complain to Ali! Ask for refund for everything!
I think I will have to, if order is not here in 10 days, I will for sure, well I guess at the end, I learned why some of you guys don't bother with 11.11 and I don't think I will try it again, terrible experience, 2 out of 5 orders already in dispute

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #37,818 of 75,134
Yeah

I think I will have to, if order is not here in 10 days, I will for sure, well I guess at the end, I learned why some of you guys don't bother with 11.11 and I don't think I will try it again, terrible experience, 2 out of 5 orders already in dispute

Frankly speaking, if I were you, I would have made the complain long time ago. At least they have to pay back the DHL charge!

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #37,819 of 75,134
So any decent deals today?

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #37,820 of 75,134
Quick impressions of NiceHCK EB2 (with VE thick foams)... Before continuing, my music preferences are mainly English pop/rock/mainstream radio songs, so KIV when reading:
Fit is kinda comfortable, the shell feels smaller in the ear than the generic monk+ style shell, but not sure if the diameter is really smaller than that. Not the best buds for sleeping/lying on the sid as compared to the monk lite / qian style shell due to the way the stem connects to the bell shaped part of the bud
Bass is kinda in the background, coming from the monk+ bass emphasis (where the kick drums beats are prominent), these buds have noticeably less of that. Subbass rumble is easier to notice though, perhaps due to that. This part of SQ makes this buds less suited for rock and high energy music that requires good bass presence e.g. Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album, rap beats from Eminem, EDM etc.
Mids are coherent, no unusual peaks detected with female vocals e.g. Taylor Swift. But some male vocals, particularly those that sound thick in real life, dont quite get there e.g. Brian McFadden. Nevertheless, its not muddy, and thats still a win for me.
Treble is perhaps the second weakest link. Its sounds kinda rolled off and incomplete, but seems to get piercing at times too. Dunno why, maybe just my busted ears. On balance, not as good as it could be
Cable is nice. Like really nice. Its soft and supple. The chin slider is too loose to be useful though, but least its shiny o.o finally the jack has a short strain relief, but it seems solid for now (anw the jack is shiny too, so props for that).
Tl; dr pretty solid offering, but i suspect most budget offerings compete on a similar level in terms of overall SQ strengths and drawbacks. Get this mainly for build quality and comfy fit, and wait for discounts

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #37,822 of 75,134
I haven't seen anything I'd jump at.

However, been thinking of getting theTY Hi-z HP150s 150 mkII that Penon have, after some recent posts on here. Probably get the 2.5mm trrs version.
I've never had TY Hi-z earbuds but would also like to try some

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #37,824 of 75,134
Nov 23, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #37,827 of 75,134
Hello guys, looking for a recommendation for something under 100$ and preferably around 50$ or less to use to listen to music in the office. No need for mic, would prefer a generally balanced sound with maybe a warm-ish tint and a slightly rolled off treble. My only point of reference in the earbud world is the original VE Monk, which I don't particularly like as I find its upper treble splashy. My source at the moment is a Shanling M0, but I plan to upgrade to something slightly larger and powerful soon, maybe an Hiby R3.

I've been looking at a bunch of threads but what I found was more confusing than helping, haha. Be as it may I was looking at the Auglamour RX-1 and Shozy Cygnus, although for the second pair I'm really hesitant to drop near 100$ on an earbud.

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #37,828 of 75,134
Hello guys, looking for a recommendation for something under 100$ and preferably around 50$ or less to use to listen to music in the office. No need for mic, would prefer a generally balanced sound with maybe a warm-ish tint and a slightly rolled off treble. My only point of reference in the earbud world is the original VE Monk, which I don't particularly like as I find its upper treble splashy. My source at the moment is a Shanling M0, but I plan to upgrade to something slightly larger and powerful soon, maybe an Hiby R3.

I've been looking at a bunch of threads but what I found was more confusing than helping, haha. Be as it may I was looking at the Auglamour RX-1 and Shozy Cygnus, although for the second pair I'm really hesitant to drop near 100$ on an earbud.

Head over to the EQ and use the "Party" preset. If you still find the treble a bit too splashy, then opt for the "Soft Rock" preset. Using an EQ will drop the volume (to avoid clipping), so depending on the song you might need to switch over into high gain

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #37,829 of 75,134

Hi i would rec the NiceHCK EB2 for balanced sound (more balanced than Monks for sure), though it doesnt have a warmish tint.
But for source, would not rec the R3. IMO go for iBasso DX120 instead. From my brief interaction with the DX120 it has better SQ than the R3 I own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back