Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #36,496 of 75,075
Oh man... I might pull the trigger on those RY4S. But I really need to ask myself if its even possible that I would use them over my Shozy BKs. This freaking hobby...

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #36,497 of 75,075
Oh man... I might pull the trigger on those RY4S. But I really need to ask myself if its even possible that I would use them over my Shozy BKs. This freaking hobby...

They might be handy for times that you don't want to risk losing/destroying your BKs (paddleboarding for example!)

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #36,498 of 75,075

If you don't use them, you can gift them:) Someone would be very happy. It could be you....

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #36,499 of 75,075
They might be handy for times that you don't want to risk losing/destroying your BKs (paddleboarding for example!)

I would not want to risk losing or destroying my RY4S!

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #36,500 of 75,075
I would not want to risk losing or destroying my RY4S!

Gotta have good tunes and sound when out paddleboarding! And I'd rather risk $8 RY4S's than Svara L's or Willsounds etc.
20180912_173628_std.jpg

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #36,501 of 75,075
Gotta have good tunes and sound when out paddleboarding! And I'd rather risk $8 RY4S's than Svara L's or Willsounds etc.

Did you take that gorgeous photo? Not sure I would need tunes with a view like that... just the sounds of nature :)

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #36,502 of 75,075
Did you take that gorgeous photo? Not sure I would need tunes with a view like that... just the sounds of nature :)

Yeah, that was a few weeks ago - getting a bit cool for it now :frowning2:

I like the sounds of nature as well. I have this playing when I am paddleboarding :wink:

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #36,503 of 75,075
It's very possible, i have some cheap buds that perform better than expensive ones in certain genres or aspects.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #36,504 of 75,075
Pk2 is between bk and cygnus more leaning towards bk tonality but brighter and slightly less fine detail in bass and mids. Bass isn't quite is emphasised as cygnus but has more control. Bk has both control and enough emphasis. Pk2 mids are leaner than Cygnus and bk but more detail than cygnus. Treble is morr emphasised than both bk and cygnus, treble is quite nice.

Pk2 needs a long burn in and picky with foams so it can sound good with fine tuning for vocal and acoustic, but it can sound pretty dull and lifeless out of the box. Atleast that was my experience with both my pk2s I owned.

It's not a basshead earbud for for mids and treble after a long burn in it's very neutral and texture is excellent.

I need to burn in my willsound pk32 and compare, maybe burn in will save it too.

I'd like to confirm Sean's findings. I got my Cygnus and compared it to my PK2. PK2 has clearer sound, with better treble, while Cygnus sounds "fuller" in the mids (but not cleaner), with maybe a better bass. Personally I prefer PK2 because I like treble and clarity.

I've pretty much scratched BK off my list because of its lack of treble and what many report as veiled sound. Now I am wondering how would PK1 and OK1 compare? To Cygnus and PK2. I've read that Cygnus is better and cleaner than PK1, but then PK2 is clearer than Cygnus and PK1 is supposed to be clearer than PK2 ~confused~.

I am also waiting for Masya that I bought as per Sean's advice, I wonder how those are.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #36,505 of 75,075
I'd like to confirm Sean's findings. I got my Cygnus and compared it to my PK2. PK2 has clearer sound, with better treble, while Cygnus sounds "fuller" in the mids (but not cleaner), with maybe a better bass. Personally I prefer PK2 because I like treble and clarity.

I've pretty much scratched BK off my list because of its lack of treble and what many report as veiled sound. Now I am wondering how would PK1 and OK1 compare? To Cygnus and PK2. I've read that Cygnus is better and cleaner than PK1, but then PK2 is clearer than Cygnus and PK1 is supposed to be clearer than PK2 ~confused~.

I am also waiting for Masya that I bought as per Sean's advice, I wonder how those are.
Masya is very clear and has extended treble, bass is light unless your source has more than 1 ohm OI which gives a considerable boost to how full the bass is on the Masya.

What is your source player for these earbuds?

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #36,507 of 75,075
Hmm cannot find the output impedance spec for it. If it's too high the masya will sound a bit veiled unless you use thin foams or no foams. If its under 1 ohm the masya will be bright andclear but bass light. I prefer somewhere around 3-4 ohm for the masya as it sounds exceptionally balanced then.

It's a very picky earbud because of its super low impedance.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #36,508 of 75,075

i use those waterproof Sony WS 413 for swimming and water sports. it's a weird and unique sensation being submerged with music playing in your ears

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #36,509 of 75,075
Hmm cannot find the output impedance spec for it. If it's too high the masya will sound a bit veiled unless you use thin foams or no foams. If its under 1 ohm the masya will be bright andclear but bass light. I prefer somewhere around 3-4 ohm for the masya as it sounds exceptionally balanced then.

It's a very picky earbud because of its super low impedance.

Spec said SABRE9601 on the output stage - if HiFimeDIY designed the DAC according to ESS spec (they usually do), then output impedance should be around 4.7 ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back