Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 6, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #36,196 of 75,073
D2+ sounds outright better to me then :)
If you prefer a smoother sound, ShoonTH ESEP-01BU. The D2+ is technically better but cost 100 USD more so no surprise. :)

Oct 6, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #36,198 of 75,073
Thanks, I've already read the review but what I need is a compare between TM9 and Blur Dark Chocolate. I really appreciate it.

It might be even better to chat with blur and give him a budget to see if he can beat the sound of TM9!

From blur, At least you will get a much better plug and cable than the TM9!

However, the aftermarket value of blur is so unpredictable! There’s a new model coming out each week! If you get a blur and wanna get rid of it later, there might be trouble explaining the sound signature...your blur is probably very outdated.

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #36,199 of 75,073
57434D22-7F88-4F75-BC6D-506BA4C69590.jpeg
770F8CE6-7089-41CC-A562-2E81A8AD91A4.jpeg

If you have a high quality cable, try it. The image of moondrop you know will change.

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #36,200 of 75,073
He told me the same when we met in Tokyo in July. I brought my pair of CampFred 1 and he asked what foams I was using. I replied that I use thin VE foams. He said that he tunes the Cypherus earbuds to be used without foams. I used thin foams at first with ZoomFred but then switched to rubber rings with fins from the VE EX pack (but with the fins cut off). That's when the ZF really found their perfect sound. I do think that other Cypherus earbuds work well with foams, but mainly thin VE type foams because of the already good bass.

I will have to cut the fins and try it too then, but I still think that I will use a foam, just to protect it

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #36,201 of 75,073
So early Christmas came, I usually browse used markets and today I found a few gems, some mint Walkman MP3 players. They are incredibly nice looking but sadly one has a dead battery that I will have to replace. The other works and had an interesting button, "Bass" , so I tried it with the ZoomFred....not even joking this bass...its so unreal, like a subwoofer. I dont know how that little player does it, but the boost only affects the Bass, and smooths out the highs just enough to get rid of the annoying peak that Herry said will go away with the burn in and the sound is otherwise not affected

My only regret is not getting more players because he had more if the same models, but I will go again as soon as possible and grab them all lol

Oct 6, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #36,204 of 75,073
Lmao what the hell are these Walkmans, I thought about trying them with the buds I have left, the TO400s is unreal, its fixed now, the bass hits to hard. Even harder and better than the Samsara....the EB2 is fixed as well...the bass these earbuds output now is screwing ridiculous...not much effect on the monks tho lol

EDIT: To detail on the monks, they do accentuate it but they cant control it well so I am not sure yet if its worth it

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #36,205 of 75,073
You guys really need to get into trying Moonbuds. I got the nightshade and am seriously impressed. It's a bit of a leaner sound in comparision to TM9, and the technicalities are excellent.

Oct 6, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #36,206 of 75,073
Lmao what the hell are these Walkmans, I thought about trying them with the buds I have left, the TO400s is unreal, its fixed now, the bass hits to hard. Even harder and better than the Samsara....the EB2 is fixed as well...the bass these earbuds output now is screwing ridiculous...not much effect on the monks tho lol

EDIT: To detail on the monks, they do accentuate it but they cant control it well so I am not sure yet if its worth it
It's applying a bass boost filter below 100hz probably?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #36,207 of 75,073
You guys really need to get into trying Moonbuds. I got the nightshade and am seriously impressed. It's a bit of a leaner sound in comparision to TM9, and the technicalities are excellent.
They look a million dollars! The style is always on point.

Oct 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #36,209 of 75,073
Cool mod! Did you do it?
If that's a mod it's absolutely fantastic because the connector and shell look all one piece. It's gonna change the tuning though unless the original stem was made completely airtight by the cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back