Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #35,986 of 75,075
1) if pk and mx500 shells, oyaide plugs are allowed to be copied and quality is not affected as well as somebody's business than it is great news and then, the use of not original plugs is can justified and understood by Blox and other companies. Than nothing is broken and nobody do anything wrong. Then it is just the matter of taste to have full autentic components or not.
2) If somebody was looking at sound signatures and descriptions here is the picture. I think, it was posted earlier in this thread. Though, I remember there was another one with identification of signatures with certain earbuds' models.
P.s: agree with Cleo and stop speaking further, as everything what was needed to be said is already done. Moreover, pride's harmed rage is a non-bearable burden for some people. Push the glass - what will pour out, with that the glass is filled. Peace.
wpfbb925a0_06.png

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #35,988 of 75,075
what category do you have in mind? price based?

i think someone did make a survey of earbuds segmented in price and filled via data entries from people here (if I'm not mistaken @jogawag was the one that made it?)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...1GewDzZ4k7aXFMEQNhRu7Vxg3C-9Q2A/viewanalytics

i think it would be great if this survey is made continuously open and be put on the first page of this thread so anyone can contribute and use it

1 year ago @jogawag ceated an earbud survey. It is closed now but over 100 people replied and rated the earbuds they had heard. From that survey you could get an okay idea about some earbuds (based on people's subjective perception of them).

The Earbuds Survey system by tier (the price range) was developed and operated by @thelonius97. It was interrupted one year ago by him, because the vote for the system was becoming rare.

I only saied the opinion of the system's request specification and only asked everyone for a vote. So I do not know inside program of the system.

https://goo.gl/gt1THD (The result of 1 year ago can be seen.)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #35,990 of 75,075
@Slater has given a tip in the iem threads about how to determine if a shell is metal. Gently tap it against your tooth... plastic and metal will make different sounds. You can learn what metal sounds like and what plastic sounds like. Do not hurt your tooth and do not scratch the shell. Just do it gently.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #35,991 of 75,075

Judging from your pictures, can I say that those 2 small holes at the back of each driver are actually not functional and more of a decoration?

Just wanted to make sure before I ask you what's behind that yellow part of the insides. I have a feeling it's just a solid metal back of the inside of the shell...

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #35,998 of 75,075
Damn, didn't know there was going to be a low impedance version of the K's Titanium Ling so never paid attention to it's discussion. Anyone know how low?

What kind of sound profile will the Titanium Ling have?

Metal housing?

A large sum of money recently departed my bank account for some TOTL buds, hope it wasn't premature...
Don’t worry

Base on my observation, k’s will issue a new model each year.

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #36,000 of 75,075
Damn, didn't know there was going to be a low impedance version of the K's Titanium Ling so never paid attention to it's discussion. Anyone know how low?

What kind of sound profile will the Titanium Ling have?

Metal housing?

A large sum of money recently departed my bank account for some TOTL buds, hope it wasn't premature...
If it's like my Black Ling signature it'll be Mild V (a really mature V though that's not sucked out at all). Deep full bass, clear brighter mids and treble. Musical tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back