Earbuds Round-Up
May 30, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #31,652 of 74,623
The Snow Lotus is the only earbud I need to use a shirt clip with because the splitter is so heavy

True. The cable itself is rather beefy as well. Rather robust!

May 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #31,653 of 74,623
I kind of want the snow lotus 2.0 60ohm ones because of the plug lol.

The Snow Lotus is the only earbud I need to use a shirt clip with because the splitter is so heavy

Yeah that is a massive heavy cable on the Snow Lotus. For that reason, I am finding the Rosemary more comfortable to use.

May 30, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #31,654 of 74,623
You speak the truth about the MK2's slight mid-bass hump. It was more apparent right out of the box, but after some burn in, MK2's mid-bass and highs have really settled down into something I love. Very musical, full, fun sounding buds.

Having said that, your description of the MK1's are very intriguing. I'm pretty sure that I'd love them both. Darn this head-fi place!

And of course the PK3 sounds very interesting as well. Did I already say "Darn this head-fi place!"?

I wished I lived in the UK so that I could come over uninvited all of the time to listen to both of your gear (but, you'd probably have me arrested lol)

Listening to the mk3 off the lg v20. Steaming Plastic Picnic on Tidal. Like Chinmie says, the tuning of the Mks (revision 2) is similar and it's about individual preferences. The mk1 has more subbass and slightly pulled back mids and an intimate soundstage (not congested or small in anyway ). The mk2 punches more cus of its elevated mids which makes it warmer and the highs extend higher - its a crisp and airy sound.

The mk3 is a surprise, it has excellent imaging and separation like the mk2 with a faster bass response as the midbass is more controlled. By controlled I don't mean that they don't have bass impact or lack bass, they just have the right warmth and sound balanced. The guitars are crunchy and nice, they seem to be able to play far out of my head with the synth effects panning effortlessly around my head. Like the mk2, I'm able to follow all the sounds. The trebel is very slightly pulled back than the mk2, but not in a way that it's dark.
To my ears all the willsounds have a very good timbre and tonality, they sound natural.
Also, the mk3 look sinister in all black. I believe with the Mk series, you can't go wrong with either the mk2 or mk3 if you're looking for an all rounder.

Coming to the pk32 its like a baby mk 2/3. The mids are full and upfront , intimate. But the bloody bass from the size of those shells is atrocious. It's nice bass, warm n defined. Very good balance. As much fun as it's bigger brothers. Would love to see a comparison with the shozs bk when Sean gets his.

If you like musicality and a natural but fun response, it's hard to go wrong with any of the willsound buds.

yes, as what i experienced, Willsound buds will sound (you see what i did there?) a bit up front and busy in the mids and midbass ootb, but after a while, it will sound (ha! did it again ) a lot more relaxed and the soundstage opens up)

The MK1 and MK2 will give people the Wow effects when they listen to them, but the MK3 is a different beast..it just sound right, can't seem to find faults to it, and can't seem to take them of. I'm contemplating whether i have to purchase this or not because I'm trying to size down..and the worse thing is that test buds that Willy sent me are still at my house because he said take my time burning and listening to them....the temptation is real :o2smile:

true to what you said about the PK32, yuin shell shouldn't have no business having bass that big. i have heard another DIY yuin shell with big bass before, but that one is V shaped, while the PK32 still managed to sound balanced but with good hefty boom at the sub bass

May 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #31,655 of 74,623
yes, as what i experienced, Willsound buds will sound (you see what i did there?) a bit up front and busy in the mids and midbass ootb, but after a while, it will sound (ha! did it again ) a lot more relaxed and the soundstage opens up)

The MK1 and MK2 will give people the Wow effects when they listen to them, but the MK3 is a different beast..it just sound right, can't seem to find faults to it, and can't seem to take them of. I'm contemplating whether i have to purchase this or not because I'm trying to size down..and the worse thing is that test buds that Willy sent me are still at my house because he said take my time burning and listening to them....the temptation is real :o2smile:

true to what you said about the PK32, yuin shell shouldn't have no business having bass that big. i have heard another DIY yuin shell with big bass before, but that one is V shaped, while the PK32 still managed to sound balanced but with good hefty boom at the sub bass

Maybe keep 2 out of 3 Mk1/2/3 ?
:)

May 30, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #31,656 of 74,623
**** PT15 - I read on Facebook that there is a newer version that has its sound adjusted and sounds great. I got mine when it was just released and it is bright to the point that I can't stand it... Can someone confirmed that the sound had been changed? It is no longer bright? Worth getting?

May 30, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #31,657 of 74,623
**** PT15 - I read on Facebook that there is a newer version that has its sound adjusted and sounds great. I got mine when it was just released and it is bright to the point that I can't stand it... Can someone confirmed that the sound had been changed? It is no longer bright? Worth getting?
I have a/the newer version worth the single port. It is very hot in the mid and high frequencies. It does extend low but definitely not what I would describe as neutral. Some types of music sound great (acoustic for example) but others are painful to listen to... (edm for example). I have a love hate relationship with it... Perhaps it needs to but in longer ? They definitely have airy and holographic qualities to them, which is amazing ... Especially for the price. Many people here seem to love them... . I want to love them.... :wink:

May 30, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #31,659 of 74,623

Quoting from a couple of our earbud experts should answer your questions.

Got myself a second pair of PT15 after repeated reading about how the new one is different from the old one - here are my PT15: the black on is the original first batch (*directly from ****'s official Taobao store during initial launched) and the blue one was ordered just last week from the same store again. As far as I can tell, both sound pretty much identical under the same cable with the same type of foam pad. I also PM'ed to ****'s customer service and they confirmed that the tuning has never been changed.

simply, when assembling, a lot of glue was used, which covered the black damper and half the holes in the driver's casing, so the sound can differ from batch to batch.

May 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #31,660 of 74,623
I have a/the newer version worth the single port. It is very hot in the mid and high frequencies. It does extend low but definitely not what I would describe as neutral. Some types of music sound great (acoustic for example) but others are painful to listen to... (edm for example). I have a love hate relationship with it... Perhaps it needs to but in longer ? They definitely have airy and holographic qualities to them, which is amazing ... Especially for the price. Many people here seem to love them... . I want to love them.... :wink:

A lot of listeners seem to equate extended trebel with clarity and detail, just how we all hear differently. Personally I prefer a neutral / balanced to warm sound. Was considering the senfers but after reading your post, I'll stay far away from them. Thanks.

May 30, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #31,661 of 74,623

Harry, you need them all :)

May 31, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #31,662 of 74,623
May 31, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #31,663 of 74,623
May 31, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #31,665 of 74,623
I'm collecting my mk3 these few days.

Who is in the house?

eKBOsrk.jpg

X9gUeMP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back