Earbuds Round-Up
May 14, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #31,022 of 75,134
The sound of "Creative Aurvana Air" is bright, vivid, slightly hard, glossy and very clear.
Even though the sound line is thin, there is thickness, extremely high resolution, bright, clear and vivid sound, good quality and massive bass.
It is super high sound quality earphone.
Resolution, sound field feeling is the highest level in Earbuds.
In a wide sound field, within it, each instrument gets split up splendidly.
The resolution is also very high, there is no dissatisfaction point at all.
The sound is easy to hear, the sharpness is good and the extra sound does not sound.
Still, I feel that there is enough amount of information.

The low range has very high quality and rich sense of volume, it is a tight sound.
The mid range has clear, glossy, somewhat hard, bright feeling, but also sibilant can be heard without discomfort without pain.
The high range is somewhat hard, accompanied by metallic sound. The elongation of the high range is quite good.
Depending on the song, the high range is glittery and comfortable.

I saw you had the Simphonio Dragon 2+ as well. How does this Creative Aurvana Air stand, comparing with the Simphonio D2+? I know it's unfair, since the SD2+ tripled the price of the CAA, but I have the SD2+ as well and I can take it as a reference bud to other :D

May 14, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #31,023 of 75,134
I was invited to join prakarnniranam DIY earbud meeting and I went to it yesterday. However participants not only went to try prakarnniranam earbuds but also they bring other DIY earbuds and some legendary vintage earbuds as well. I think it might be nice to share pictures here (inside spoiler).

1) Invitation leaflet : Prakarn Niranam, One of the famous DIY earbuds
20180513 Prakarn Invitation.png

2) Take a shot of all participants including the V-Friend owner and the Airman owner. Sadly Iconic owner previously left before taking a shot.
20180513 Participants.png

3) A meeting Organizer is listening music via heavy-weight headphone + DX200 + portable tube amp (very heavy and hot), so hard core.
20180513 Environment 03.png

20180513 Enviroment 01.png

4) These are the belongings of V-friend owner, legendary AIWA D9 + Panasonic SL-J905 CD player. These are very extremly synergy, very realistic tonality and its soundstage make me feel like I am listening a very good speaker system. Very Very Great combination. Though AIWA D9 is very picky on matching, I tried it with some up-to-date DAPs and it sounds mediocre.
20180513 AIWA D9 + Pana SL-J905.png

20180513 AIWA D9.png

5) another legendary Sony e272, again a belonging of V-friend owner
20180513 Sony e272.png

6) Luckily that one participant is Campfred2 Owner. Its cable is soft without noticably microphonics. All-rounder style earbuds that can play well with any-genres. It is quite bright tonality and nice soundstage width. Another one participant asked owner to sale him as a second-hand cause it pairs well with his smartphone.
20180513 Campfred2 01.png

7) Sony PCM-D1, another V-friend owner belongings~ Very good sound with any earbuds one. After listened, I understand why some earbuds enthusiasts loves to listen thier earbuds via Digital Recorder as source~.
20180513 Sony PCM-D1.png

8) Agian and Again. Another one more V-friend belonging, Olympus LS-11. this is a good price per performance recorder one that having sexy SQ. He informed me that among LS-1x, LS-11 is the best SQ playback.
20180513 Olympus LS-11.png

9) Here is ICONIC Beyond, 16-ohm driver with confidential secret info. they are spending time on tuning and more than 20 solder types (pick up some to final use) and custom-made 7N OCC cable from factory specifically for this buds (so no more found in taobao, aliexpress, oyaide store, etc.). Unfortunately it was not properly burn-in yet. First impression is seamless and coherent vocal with 'just right' tonality neither warm or bright. I checked it with female and male vocal tracks and it doesn't shift frequency to apparently upper or lower & too thicker or too thinner likes many usual earbuds. The vertical positioning of drum/bass is always bottom, vocal is middle, and any high frequency is the top. Need more burn-in to give constructive impression.
20180513 Beyond.png

10) Hightlight of this meeting : All Prakarn Niranam Line-up : 32Ohm, 64Ohm and 185Ohm.
20180513 Prakarn all models.png

11) Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm Nordost Red cable + Nideon Flagship plug is the show-case model (above flagship model) regardless of material cost. The strong point of this version is realistic and insane dynamic contrast with very deep soundstage. Though its cable is still memory in curly form, so my liking on both ergonomic and sound is still his flagship model.
20180513 Prakarn Nordost.png

12) The current flagship model, Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm Toxic Silver Poison V2 + Nideon Flagship plug. Its cable insulator is very soft PVC with a bit microphonic when I get both L-R cable scratch each other. Very well detail retrieval, Wider and Deeper soundstage, deeper sub-bass than Silver Poison V1 + 3.5 Eidolic plug I ever tried last year (but this version is 4.4 mm. BL plug and the next gen V2 of toxic cable). This is my favourite version of 185Ohm. By the way, any Prakarn Niraram 185 Ohm is recommended to pair with the Cypher Labs DUET portable amp to shoot it to the moon~. Many participants mutually agreed and feedbacked that it make Prakarn Niranam sounds like very good full-size can or speaker system.
20180513 Prakarn Silver Poison V2 Nideon 01.png

20180513 Prakarn Duet.png

Having to say that there are many earbuds enthusiasts in Thailand and especially this year the earbud market in Thailand is very growing, many people pay attention more and more.

Thank you all participants who joining this meeting and sharing thier opinion in a nice way with warm welcome.
End~

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #31,024 of 75,134
I was invited to join prakarnniranam DIY earbud meeting and I went to it yesterday. However participants not only went to try prakarnniranam earbuds but also they bring other DIY earbuds and some legendary vintage earbuds as well. I think it might be nice to share pictures here (inside spoiler).

1) Invitation leaflet : Prakarn Niranam, One of the famous DIY earbuds

2) Take a shot of all participants including the V-Friend owner and the Airman owner. Sadly Iconic owner previously left before taking a shot.

3) A meeting Organizer is listening music via heavy-weight headphone + DX200 + portable tube amp (very heavy and hot), so hard core.

4) These are the belongings of V-friend owner, legendary AIWA D9 + Panasonic SL-J905 CD player. These are very extremly synergy, very realistic tonality and its soundstage make me feel like I am listening a very good speaker system. Very Very Great combination. Though AIWA D9 is very picky on matching, I tried it with some up-to-date DAPs and it sounds mediocre.

5) another legendary Sony e272, again a belonging of V-friend owner

6) Luckily that one participant is Campfred2 Owner. Its cable is soft without noticably microphonics. All-rounder style earbuds that can play well with any-genres. It is quite bright tonality and nice soundstage width. Another one participant asked owner to sale him as a second-hand cause it pairs well with his smartphone.

7) Sony PCM-D1, another V-friend owner belongings~ Very good sound with any earbuds one. After listened, I understand why some earbuds enthusiasts loves to listen thier earbuds via Digital Recorder as source~.

8) Agian and Again. Another one more V-friend belonging, Olympus LS-11. this is a good price per performance recorder one that having sexy SQ. He informed me that among LS-1x, LS-11 is the best SQ playback.

9) Here is ICONIC Beyond, 16-ohm driver with confidential secret info. they are spending time on tuning and more than 20 solder types (pick up some to final use) and custom-made 7N OCC cable from factory specifically for this buds (so no more found in taobao, aliexpress, oyaide store, etc.). Unfortunately it was not properly burn-in yet. First impression is seamless and coherent vocal with 'just right' tonality neither warm or bright. I checked it with female and male vocal tracks and it doesn't shift frequency to apparently upper or lower & too thicker or too thinner likes many usual earbuds. The vertical positioning of drum/bass is always bottom, vocal is middle, and any high frequency is the top. Need more burn-in to give constructive impression.

10) Hightlight of this meeting : All Prakarn Niranam Line-up : 32Ohm, 64Ohm and 185Ohm.

11) Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm Nordost Red cable + Nideon Flagship plug is the show-case model (above flagship model) regardless of material cost. The strong point of this version is realistic and insane dynamic contrast with very deep soundstage. Though its cable is still memory in curly form, so my liking on both ergonomic and sound is still his flagship model.

12) The current flagship model, Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm Toxic Silver Poison V2 + Nideon Flagship plug. Its cable insulator is very soft PVC with a bit microphonic when I get both L-R cable scratch each other. Very well detail retrieval, Wider and Deeper soundstage, deeper sub-bass than Silver Poison V1 + 3.5 Eidolic plug I ever tried last year (but this version is 4.4 mm. BL plug and the next gen V2 of toxic cable). This is my favourite version of 185Ohm. By the way, any Prakarn Niraram 185 Ohm is recommended to pair with the Cypher Labs DUET portable amp to shoot it to the moon~. Many participants mutually agreed and feedbacked that it make Prakarn Niranam sounds like very good full-size can or speaker system.

Having to say that there are many earbuds enthusiasts in Thailand and especially this year the earbud market in Thailand is very growing, many people pay attention more and more.

Thank you all participants who joining this meeting and sharing thier opinion in a nice way with warm welcome.
End~

You'd better tell everyone how to spell the meeting name. :wink:

https://translate.google.co.th/?rlz...e=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#th/en/พระกาฬนิรนาม

Then Click to let google spell.

May 14, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #31,025 of 75,134
By the way, Moondrop earbud has come to Munkong Gadget (Bangkok based Hifi shop) as well. Happy to see a lot more earbuds coming to the shop. Because in the past, this shop only sold Yuin and Ostry earbud. It is new choices for earbud lovers.

upload_2018-5-14_13-0-24.png

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #31,026 of 75,134
I saw you had the Simphonio Dragon 2+ as well. How does this Creative Aurvana Air stand, comparing with the Simphonio D2+? I know it's unfair, since the SD2+ tripled the price of the CAA, but I have the SD2+ as well and I can take it as a reference bud to other :D

>Comparing(IMO) Aurvana Air & SWD2+
(Premise: Use with foam pad & Remove Aurvana Air's Ear hook)

Earbuds      | Aurvana Air | SWD2+
--------------------------|-----------------|---------------
Sound signature  | U-Shaped  | Flat
Sound tendency  | Sharp    | Clear
Bass       | Sufficient   | Normal
Mid        | Normal   | Sufficient
Treble       | Sufficient  | Sufficient
Sound stage    | Wide    | Wide
Sound information | Good    | Huge
Balanced (2.5mm) | No     | Supported
Feeling of fit    | Not so good | Good
--------------------------|------------------|---------------

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #31,027 of 75,134

>Comparing Aurvana Air & SWD2+
(Premise: Use with foam pad & Remove Aurvana Air's Ear hook)

| Aurvana Air | SWD2+
--------------------------|-------------------|-------------
Sound signature | VShape | Flat
Sound tendency | Sharp | Normal
Bass | Sufficient | Normal
Mid | Normal | Sufficient
Treble | Sufficient | Sufficient
Sound stage | Huge | Sufficient
Information amount | Sufficient | Huge
Balanced (2.5mm) | No | Supported
Feeling of fit | Not so good | Good
--------------------------|-------------------|-------------

Thank you for the helpful comparison - it seems that the SWD2+ is better in term of performance, but the CAA is no slouch either, especially for the price :D

May 14, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #31,028 of 75,134
Just got my TinAudio T2 and **** PT15 Delivered, and I'll have to say damnnn the T2 is best IEM I've heard till date, and **** PT15 best buy earbud at that price like price to performance wise it's the best, I got it for 300 INR. And I would like to thank all the head fi users who helped me, thanks a lot for these great suggestions.

May 14, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #31,029 of 75,134
Just got my TinAudio T2 and **** PT15 Delivered, and I'll have to say damnnn the T2 is best IEM I've heard till date, and **** PT15 best buy earbud at that price like price to performance wise it's the best, I got it for 300 INR. And I would like to thank all the head fi users who helped me, thanks a lot for these great suggestions.

I got the same as you and I'm very happy with them

May 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #31,031 of 75,134

congrats, that right there are two of my favorites too

Did anyone compare the PT15 to the EMX500(s)? How is the bass?

the EMX500 have deeper and bigger bass

May 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #31,032 of 75,134
The Ling will WOW you more with its extension and tasteful V signature but the BK has the lovely linear slighty low mid centric quality and natural analog tonality to it that I loved on first listen.

The Ling sounds like my pint of beer!

May 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #31,033 of 75,134
May 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #31,034 of 75,134
How do the NiceHCK EBX and Svara L rate in terms of comfort for most people?

I can't speak for the EBX's, but I find the Svara L's to be very comfortable. Prior to getting them, I could never wear earbuds over ear, but the Svara L's work very well over ear. And they look very cool (I feel like I am wearing designer earbudware lol). The only downside for me is that I can't use them when falling asleep (which is probably a good thing so that I don't destroy them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back