Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #30,077 of 75,075
Which is better sound wise?

The DFR of course, but the ES100 bluetooth mobility benefits also counts as high points. When I'm stationary at home (at computer desk or lying in bed) i use the DFR

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #30,079 of 75,075
Guys
I have NiceHCK EBX ( SE earbud) with cable mmcx connector and Single end. Can I change cable mmcx connector and balanced 2.5 mm to make NiceHCK EBX become balanced earbud
Tks
Sure things. You can use EBX with the mmcx cable terminated with balanced 2.5mm plugs (I think that most detachable headphones using mmcx and 2pin can be used with balanced cable. Of course there are some exception I know of like AKG K712 or Q701 that using 3 pin connector, they require some modding to 4pin first).

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #30,081 of 75,075
eq tweaked the ms16 via poweramp like this, sounds really good. Screenshot_2018-04-10-00-24-14.jpg

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #30,084 of 75,075
Kind of getting a bit off topic as this isn't the earstudio thread.

Looks like the Poseidon is out of customs, so with any luck I should have it by the weekend. Really curious to see how it sounds as I don't have any memory of trying a K earbud, so not familiar with the house sound.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #30,085 of 75,075
Hi guys,

Just received my pair of Fengru DIY EMX500S today!

After 9 hours of proper burn-in (approx.), here is my quick impressions compared to Blox BE3 (first rev).

BE3 sounds more coherent from mids to highs (female vocals looks a bit better on BE3 due to this).

MX500S has a much fuller sounds due to his impressive sub-bass (probably the first time I heard real sub-bass into earbuds, incredible!). EMX500S looks to have upper-mids a bit boosted which may sounds a bit bright sometimes. Also, highs are more forwarded than BE3, which could be a bit aggressive/irritating after few hours of listening.

EMX500S is more analytical.

BE3 is definitely lacking sub-bass, but bass is OK.

EMX500S soundstage is very impressive and huge, the best I have ever heard from an earbud. Is is extremely large, a bit if we are in the middle center of the scene. BE3 has definitely much less overall soundstage (I would say it’s more in the classic earbuds soundstage) even it’s not like we are in front of two speakers of course.

MX500S is definitely more V shaped. Until now, this is the first earbuds that “wow” affected me at first sight.

BE3 has overall a bit lower volume sound (normally both earbuds has 32ohms).

Comfort is the exact same since it’s both the exact same shells.

Overall I would say I definitely now more enjoy EMX500S sound. This is for now my next king of earbud, clearly.

Can’t wait to receive my Willsound earbuds to make a quick comparative also.

Sorry for my English (hope this is a bit understandable) :)

Cheers’

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #30,086 of 75,075
Continuing sharing my evolving toughs about the Nicehck EBX, listening right now to Madeleine Peyroux on my Ibasso DX90.

Firstly, I find the right fitting, feel dumb, the picture of product suggest to wear it this way:
HTB1zOScfwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaN.jpg

And the over ear is the wearing stye that stay still the best. And NOW I can really enjoy the real potential of these musical epiphany.
Mid centric, female signer sound awesome in a ultra wide soundstage, they are fowards but without displeasant treble, from all (cheaper) earbuds the EBX sure sound from another league in this area. Just can't stop listening to all my favorite signer.
Bass is finally more beefier that I was thinking, it have weight and thickness, good punch that can be feel, driver need to be the nearer to your ear hole it can possibly be and stay there. Bass go quite deep for an earbuds and never distort or bleed on the mids (like the MX500 for example). Texture is sweet, not grainy.
Highs have beautifull brilliance to it, classical guitar, harp and harpsichord sound incredible and have a beautifull decay to it, they are neither harsh or too analytical, but you get plenty of details to enjoy!
Soundstage and layering are out of this world, you can dig deep in it and instrument separation feel really realist.
For me, listening to EBX is like listening to a great open back headphones in a very portable format.

Love story begin. A KEEPER.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #30,088 of 75,075
Hi guys,

Just received my pair of Fengru DIY EMX500S today!

Overall I would say I definitely now more enjoy EMX500S sound. This is for now my next king of earbud, clearly.

Can’t wait to receive my Willsound earbuds to make a quick comparative also.

Sorry for my English (hope this is a bit understandable) :)

Cheers’

Just received my 2nd set of emx500s (with mic, on sale) and also have willsound mk2 with the new mk1 on the way. I would have to say that willsounds are the next upgrade up from the emx500s with a very similar balanced / bassy sound! So, i'm sure youll love the willsounds. Good note about the emx500s soundstage, its so huge to me it almost felt exaggerated. I noticed this on Jane Says...never heard such a huge sound stage from an earbud on this song, I think. The willsounds is most definitely a cut above the emx500s, for not much more money...it just has the correct timbre and resolution for the price. I have my emx500s with mic for phonecalls and biking around or running, and will have keep my willsounds for walking around with the cayin n3, or home with the schiit stack :)

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #30,089 of 75,075
Just received my 2nd set of emx500s (with mic, on sale) and also have willsound mk2 with the new mk1 on the way. I would have to say that willsounds are the next upgrade up from the emx500s with a very similar balanced / bassy sound! :)

^ do you mean the Willsound MK2 here in bold? I get so lost with all these crazy names haha
Your comment about timbre caught my eye

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #30,090 of 75,075
^ do you mean the Willsound MK2 here in bold? I get so lost with all these crazy names haha
Your comment about timbre caught my eye

Yeah, I can speak for the older mk2s with the clear/silver cable. Apparently the new version of mk2s with black cable are only better though, and even the mk1s with a more fun sound might be good too. That's why I have the new mk1s on the way at least :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back