Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #29,011 of 75,073
EB44.jpg

VE Monk Lite 40ohm SPC balanced
VE Monk Lite 120ohm SPC balanced
VE Zen Lite balanced

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #29,012 of 75,073
Reading reviews and feedback of NiceHCK EBX TOTL earbud begin to work on me....are they as good as the Aliexpress hype tell? From what I read it promess thick impactfull bass with large detailed vocal....and impressive soundstage...if low and mids are excellent, this sure is interesting!

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #29,013 of 75,073
Reading reviews and feedback of NiceHCK EBX TOTL earbud begin to work on me....are they as good as the Aliexpress hype tell? From what I read it promess thick impactfull bass with large detailed vocal....and impressive soundstage...if low and mids are excellent, this sure is interesting!
Wel I certainly think they are excellent earbuds

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #29,014 of 75,073
Wel I certainly think they are excellent earbuds
OH. :)
Must expensive earbud I own are the Mrz Tomahawk (50$ at the time)....so, I have big attempt about sound upgrade with above 100$ earbuds...wich mean, I want everything to sound good, and full bodied bass is very rare, especially with full bodied mids....will love to mix MRz sound with EMX500 bass, wich even if not perfect have good chunkness to it.

what about soundstage deepness and layering?

a 14.8mm gigantic dynamic driver sure promess big soundstage I guess.

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #29,015 of 75,073
Your going to Japan for 2 months im so jelly. Are you being sent over there by your company to do some work over there?

Visiting family there (my wife is from Japan). June through August is the worst time to be in Japan, though. Pretty much like a sauna with high temperatures and humidity.

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #29,016 of 75,073
OH. :)
Must expensive earbud I own are the Mrz Tomahawk (50$ at the time)....so, I have big attempt about sound upgrade with above 100$ earbuds...wich mean, I want everything to sound good, and full bodied bass is very rare, especially with full bodied mids....will love to mix MRz sound with EMX500 bass, wich even if not perfect have good chunkness to it.

what about soundstage deepness and layering?

a 14.8mm gigantic dynamic driver sure promess big soundstage I guess.
Can't recall who exactly but some complained here that they were too "bright" for their taste.

imo you may like K's 300 Samsara . I was able to grab it for 80euro at the 11.11 sale.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #29,018 of 75,073
@Cyperus I'm so sorry I forgot to email you back. I'm still quite happy with both CampFreds, and have sunk a bit of money into a new computer, plus ordered the new bluetooth Audeze headphones that will arrive in June or so. Maybe at another time, as I really respect your work.

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #29,022 of 75,073
The willsound mk2s I got are so good, that they easily blow all my other budget buds out of the water. I urge you all to grab a pair if you want the best bud for around $40 shipped...just a perfect all rounder, great fidelity, soundstage, tonality, bass...everything. I took a music appreciation course this quarter, and I could easily tell between the different microphones, masterings, etc. across eras. When people say his buds sound analog, they are not joking whatsoever.

Which is why it makes me very curious over the new willsound offerings. Does anyone have any information on the willsound mk3 or especially the new willsound mk1 version 2 from Earbuds Anonymous? I was originally wanting a mk3 with the new driver, but the newer mk1 version 2 sounds pretty good as a counterpart to my more neutral willsound mk2s. Rholupat seemed to be fairly impressed with the new mk1s.

I originally wanted a BS1 to step up, but i always use my earbuds on the go (sometimes while biking) so im not sure the cable would play well with me. The willsound mk2s sound so good even coming from a he-400i with ori pads and a thx-00 ebony...really entices me to buy more willsound :)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #29,023 of 75,073
1) For earbuds, any model, the amp is the must. Otherwise, they just do not show their real potential. So when people are disagreeing about some earbuds, it is because of the sources which they use to drive their models.
2) does anybody here using HUGO or MOJO to drive your earbuds? Does they both have enough power to drive high ohms earbuds with authority?
3) sorry guys if this message is off topic, but I have Zen 2.0 Black Cardas version for sale or trade for another TOTL earbuds. If you have some, please let me know. They are in perfect condition and I love the sound, but I want to try something else. PM me for offerings))

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #29,024 of 75,073

From what my friend said, it is a great sounding jakk of all trades earbuds, meaning it would work great if you listen to wide variety of music.
I agree with @noknok23 suggestion, the samsara is another great all arounder that you should try.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #29,025 of 75,073
Does anyone have any information on the willsound mk3 or especially the new willsound mk1 version 2 from Earbuds Anonymous?

The MK3 have a thinner mid bass, not too extended sub bass, and brighter treble. It's great for metal and other speedy rock music. MK1 is good if you like warmer tone and fatter low bass than the MK2.

Between the BS1 and MK2, i prefer the MK2

For earbuds, any model, the amp is the must. Otherwise, they just do not show their real potential. So when people are disagreeing about some earbuds, it is because of the sources which they use to drive their models.

Not really, it depends on the (like any other earphones or headphones) impedance and sensitivity. If you're talking about the zen, then yes, it needs amplification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back