Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #28,831 of 74,630
Also testing CAX Zoomfred at the moment!

IMG_0418.JPG

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #28,832 of 74,630
Auglamour RX1 $22 ORDERED
EMX(S)500 $14 DIDN'T FIND ON ALIEXPRESS
Yincrow X6 $11 ORDERED
Moondrop Nameless $23 DIDN'T FIND ON ALIEXPRESS
Seahf F150C $19 ORDERED

Pack of cheap thin foams on aliexpress $1 ORDERED
Pack of donut foams $1 ORDERED

Thanks! A few more on the way and my Monk Plus showing up today according to Amazon.

Maybe I'll order up the: **** PT15?
Was thinking of getting my own MMCX cable and purchasing just the buds for $8.67 on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #28,833 of 74,630
Also testing CAX Zoomfred at the moment!

Red and Blue wire are on the same side? That's going to be confusing... Hopefully I'll get mine by next week.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #28,834 of 74,630
Thanks! A few more on the way and my Monk Plus showing up today according to Amazon.

Maybe I'll order up the: **** PT15?
Was thinking of getting my own MMCX cable and purchasing just the buds for $8.67 on Aliexpress.

donut foams
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32683389893/32683389893.html

thin foams
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32790634729/32790634729.html

Moondrop Nameless
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32830971670/32830971670.html

EMXS500
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32841881186/32841881186.html

You move fast lol. Ordered already!

And yes you can get just the earbud without the cable if you like, make sure it’s the newer pt15 version with 4 holes on the back in the pictures.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #28,835 of 74,630
donut foams
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32683389893/32683389893.html

thin foams
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32790634729/32790634729.html

Moondrop Nameless
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32830971670/32830971670.html

EMXS500
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32841881186/32841881186.html

You move fast lol. Ordered already!

And yes you can get just the earbud without the cable if you like, make sure it’s the newer pt15 version with 4 holes on the back in the pictures.

All purchased. Except pt15. I’ll wait on that one. Play with these 6?

I'd better put a spreadsheet together, I'll never remember all of these as at this rate. LOL!

Monk Plus literally just delivered. Opening right now......
In the ears right now....blows away the OEM Apple buds. Source is Apple iphone X. First impressions. Nicely driven by the iphone. Plenty of volume, not under powered with 64 ohm.

No sibilance. Lots of upper bass, little sub bass. Wow, great mids with Karen Carpenter "Make Believe It's Your First Time". Her voice is a great barometer. Jim Croce "I Got a Name" sounds great, just the right low level performance. Listening to "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits right now. Very nice, very tight. On to Keb' Mo' "Don't Leave Me Here". Another deep voice that seems to shine with these. Off to some Pop. Okay, another few bars of Keb' Mo'.........

Katy Perry "Teenage Dream".....probably not the best music for these. Doesn't shine.
Onto "Roar"....better. Low bass synth rolling through the song as bass lines.....maybe too much. Not great for this pop. Hearing all sorts of cackling and popcorn. Moving on to Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song". Great mids here slightly over powered though I think by the low end. "Going to California" very nice acoustic guitar and vocals. Some rap...Aesop Rock "Rings" maybe a little too much low end taking these to their limit?

Lenny Kravitz "Live".... "I Belong to You"....very nice.

Can't wait to compare these to others on their way....slowly from China.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #28,836 of 74,630
All purchased. Except pt15. I’ll wait on that one. Play with these 6?

I'd better put a spreadsheet together, I'll never remember all of these as at this rate. LOL!

Monk Plus literally just delivered. Opening right now......
In the ears right now....blows away the OEM Apple buds. Source is Apple iphone X. First impressions. Nicely driven by the iphone. Plenty of volume, not under powered with 64 ohm.

No sibilance. Lots of upper bass, little sub bass. Wow, great mids with Karen Carpenter "Make Believe It's Your First Time". Her voice is a great barometer. Jim Croce "I Got a Name" sounds great, just the right low level performance. Listening to "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits right now. Very nice, very tight. On to Keb' Mo' "Don't Leave Me Here". Another deep voice that seems to shine with these. Off to some Pop. Okay, another few bars of Keb' Mo'.........

Katy Perry "Teenage Dream".....probably not the best music for these. Doesn't shine.
Onto "Roar"....better. Low bass synth rolling through the song as bass lines.....maybe too much. Not great for this pop. Hearing all sorts of cackling and popcorn. Moving on to Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song". Great mids here slightly over powered though I think by the low end. "Going to California" very nice acoustic guitar and vocals. Some rap...Aesop Rock "Rings" maybe a little too much low end taking these to their limit?

Lenny Kravitz "Live".... "I Belong to You"....very nice.

Can't wait to compare these to others on their way....slowly from China.
You’ll be in for a treat with those other buds then :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #28,839 of 74,630
Thanks to this thread I have developed an earbud sickness. I can't express how much I am enjoying the recommendations from this thread (although my wallet is not enjoying it as much). I've gone a little overboard and will probably thin the herd once I figure out what my favorites are. I blame this forum for the sudden attack on my finances. :ksc75smile:

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #28,840 of 74,630
Thanks to this thread I have developed an earbud sickness. I can't express how much I am enjoying the recommendations from this thread (although my wallet is not enjoying it as much). I've gone a little overboard and will probably thin the herd once I figure out what my favorites are. I blame this forum for the sudden attack on my finances. :ksc75smile:

Which buds have you bought?

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #28,842 of 74,630
my thoughts exactly, and what’s your favourites?

I have gotten too much too fast to answer that question. Give me a few months:) I do not dislike any of the ones on my list...

I have a long list of iems as well and some great headphones Sometimes I might not listen to buds for a couple of weeks and then suddenly that is all I want to listen to... for a few days anyway. I will never be the resident authority here on what to buy:)

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #28,843 of 74,630
20180308_163101.jpg 20180227_235423.jpg
Which buds have you bought?

my thoughts exactly, and what’s your favourites?

So I am ashamed to admit I have in a very short period of time purchased the following:
- Music Maker Tomahawk
- Music Maker Ting
- Zen 2.0
- Monk +
- BS1
- Campfred 2
- Shozy Cygnus
- Rose Masya

I have a few of them with me at work right now actually... I'll send a picture. And the other night I was playing around with the Zen 2.0's and my new PHA-1A.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #28,844 of 74,630
I am still not good at the pictures thing but about my favorites, I haven't decided. I know that the Tomahawks were beautifully bright at first and so clear but then they hurt my ears as I guess I found the highs too sibilant after some time for actual use. The Tings were much better as the highs are bright but they don't hurt my ears. I like the Shozy Cygnus as they are comfortable but I didn't think the sound was better than the Tings to my untrained ears. The Penon BS1's are great and I really like those as well as the Rose Masya but I haven't really put enough hours on them to come to a decision on which I like better. The Campfred 2.0's are in the same boat. I do find that I prefer the shape of the Tings, BS1's and the Masya to the traditional shape of the earbuds. Probably because I prefer to use them over hear as I find that keeps them in place better for me. I'll hopefully update everyone on my ranking at a later time. :-D

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #28,845 of 74,630
So I am ashamed to admit I have in a very short period of time purchased the following:
- Music Maker Tomahawk
- Music Maker Ting
- Zen 2.0
- Monk +
- BS1
- Campfred 2
- Shozy Cygnus
- Rose Masya

I have a few of them with me at work right now actually... I'll send a picture. And the other night I was playing around with the Zen 2.0's and my new PHA-1A.

Very impressive collection and nice photos! Have fun and enjoy the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back