Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 3, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #24,361 of 74,631
I was lucky to buy a pair of Diomnes Lv2 when ABnormal still could get original Monk earbuds. Diomnes Lv2 is really great. When it comes to soundstage and highs I find it to be better than CampFred 1 or 2. But for bass I would pick any of the CampFreds.

Nov 3, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #24,362 of 74,631
What are everyone's impressions of the treble region for their Shozy BK's? I just bought a balanced version from another Head-Fi user, but they are a bit smoother than I remember them being... Not sure if I just got used to the Diomnes' treble after I sold my old ones, or the Shozy's I first owned had something wrong with them. I'll need to rewrite my impressions if that's the case... But it does match up with what some have said with the lack of treble extension...

Edit: It's probably just me... I think I just have a better idea of how to describe the upper region after listening to some other headphones when I last sold these.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #24,364 of 74,631
does anyone know if any earbds or even IEM that has the sub, mid and treble for the EMX500 but more fluidity and and holographic transparency?

For below $30, Graphene is the best for what you wanted. EMX500 is not as transparent, fluidity and holographic. I find subbass dig deeper than EMX500 eventhough not as bumped up on the midbass. Hope you can try to buy and report your findings here soon.

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #24,370 of 74,631
While I'm asking questions, how many earbuds that you guys really like are only available via Fb, etc. Thinking of Willsound, Blur, etc. I've been reading the last 150 or so pages on here looking for inspiration and recommendations, especja5for those not available through Aliexpress and Amazon.

Thanks

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #24,371 of 74,631
Excellent, thanks. You and hungrypanda and others seem to really like them, so it will probably have to be done has been done!

Fixed that for me! Couldn't wait for 11/11. Seahf 150C's ordered from NiceHCK :)

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #24,372 of 74,631
Fixed that for me! Couldn't wait for 11/11. Seahf 150C's ordered from NiceHCK :)

You will like them very much, I had a nice extended session with them last night plugged in to my Cowon P1. They are most excellent

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #24,373 of 74,631
By any chance, would anyone know if the Campfred 2 or the Shozy Stardust / BK benefits from an amp/dac? Especially being 32 ohms.

Also, just before the plug on the Campfred 2s, anyone have comments on its build? Particularly, the cable. There are hardly good pictures of it, and from what i see on the CAX website, it doesn't look impressive -- braids don't seem tight. Also read that its a rather stiff cable? Wondering if this would be an issue if i were to use it on the move. I absolutely hate the EMX500 cable, in fact, it got caught more than once on someone's bag or clothing as they were about to exit the train. In comparison, the TY Hi-Z 150 ohm version's cable is quite flexible.

For those waiting for 11.11 sales, the discounts are out.
K's 500 is US$80
Shozy Stardust / BK is US$145
TY Hi-Z HP650 is US$105

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #24,374 of 74,631
You will like them very much, I had a nice extended session with them last night plugged in to my Cowon P1. They are most excellent

Awesome. I'm looking forward to bringing out my Fiio E12 amp to play with them (the Graphenes love this amp).

Fwiw, the blue line below shows the bass boost of Fiio E12 "version 1" which was only in production for a few months. I bought one right away when they said that the "official version" would change the bass boost signature to what's shown in the red line. I'm not sure why they did that, because I really love how the version 1 tends to mainly increase only the lowest frequencies of the bass, and it will be a sad day when my version 1 dies (same with my VE Zen 1.0 for that matter!).

3938866_thumb.jpg

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #24,375 of 74,631
By any chance, would anyone know if the Campfred 2 or the Shozy Stardust / BK benefits from an amp/dac? Especially being 32 ohms.

Also, just before the plug on the Campfred 2s, anyone have comments on its build? Particularly, the cable. There are hardly good pictures of it, and from what i see on the CAX website, it doesn't look impressive -- braids don't seem tight. Also read that its a rather stiff cable? Wondering if this would be an issue if i were to use it on the move. I absolutely hate the EMX500 cable, in fact, it got caught more than once on someone's bag or clothing as they were about to exit the train. In comparison, the TY Hi-Z 150 ohm version's cable is quite flexible.

For those waiting for 11.11 sales, the discounts are out.
K's 500 is US$80
Shozy Stardust / BK is US$145
TY Hi-Z HP650 is US$105
Even though it is just 32 Ohm, DAC/AMP should effect more or less. In ctaxxxx earbud list, there are DX200 AMP1 and AMP3 module comparison as well, so.. I have no idea with their braid cable because I don't own any of them. Speaking about cable looks, the DIY graphene cable is the most one that I dislike. so thin, looks cheap, and green-able copper lol. If you care too much on cable ergonomics.. I guess.. earbuds with detachable cable feature might be your choice since you can find the 'right' one for you in after-market.

P71104-014306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back