Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 2, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #24,331 of 75,073
I think the brown cables are the same.
As shown below, the cable was sold separately and I thought it had a reputation.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product//1727211_32802441039.html

I heard the music.
The treble of EMX500 sounds emphasized, it hurts a little ear.
In R4YS, punchy mid-bass sounds are mainly heard, the treble of R4YS does not hurt to the ear.
However, I do not know what will happen if you change the R4YS new cable.:ksc75smile:

yes i ordered the one u said i should buy. another 18 days wait then i will post some impressions

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #24,334 of 75,073
there is many TY Hi-Z earbuds. are they any good? i see that there is 'new' TY Hi-Z F300M (300ohm)
I tried the ty32s (V shaped signature version of ty32). Prefered the monk plus to be honest. Some people like the higher tier versions though 150-600. Maybe the new one will be nice.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #24,335 of 75,073
Today my Meizu EP-21HD "new logo" version arrived. Let's see how is different aesthetics from the first one.

IMG_20171102_193509.jpg

1. The front of case at the left-bottom corner.

IMG_20171102_193531.jpg

2. The back of case is changed to 'meizu' print screen.

IMG_20171102_193151.jpg

3. The back of earbuds shell is printed with slimmer 'm'.

Meizu EP-21HD Authenticity 20171102.JPG

4. The last one is http://care.meizu.com/authenticity.html . I already checked serial no. and yes, this one is absolutely genuine.

P.S. Both versions are same sound. By the way, I think the new one is less bright and softer than the first one...but I might wrong with bias.. or about burn-in hours..

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #24,336 of 75,073
After lurking on the forum for years, and being poisoned by many products, I've finally decided to make my first post, lol.

First came across this earbud thread about 6 weeks back and bought a load of cheap earbuds:
- TY Hi-Z 32
- TY Hi-Z 150 (non-bass)
- Monk+
- EMX500

I have the Vido, Svara L and RY4S on the way.

I'm now looking for a TOTL earbud with good bass. Am torn between the K's 500, Shozy Stardust BK, TY Hi-Z 650, Seahf 650. I've probably read 70% of this thread and can't find any good comparisons. Am hoping someone can help me.

Some background, I'm abit of a basshead, and have used the UE11s for almost a decade. Recently got a HE-400I and the Schiit stack. For my home theatre system, the single-most expensive product is my subwoofer (at about 1.3k USD).

Of all the earbuds, the EMX500 has been my favourite so far, and I use it with 1 hiegi full foam + 1 VE foam. The monk+ is worse with almost non-existent bass. Apart from the quantity of bass, I realise the bass slam and low the bass extends are important as well. Treble isn't important to me at all. With this in mind, I'm wondering which of the TOTL earbuds would be the most suited assuming I do not EQ at all? Am hoping to snag something on the 11.11 sale.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #24,337 of 75,073
After lurking on the forum for years, and being poisoned by many products, I've finally decided to make my first post, lol.

First came across this earbud thread about 6 weeks back and bought a load of cheap earbuds:
- TY Hi-Z 32
- TY Hi-Z 150 (non-bass)
- Monk+
- EMX500

I have the Vido, Svara L and RY4S on the way.

I'm now looking for a TOTL earbud with good bass. Am torn between the K's 500, Shozy Stardust BK, TY Hi-Z 650, Seahf 650. I've probably read 70% of this thread and can't find any good comparisons. Am hoping someone can help me.

Some background, I'm abit of a basshead, and have used the UE11s for almost a decade. Recently got a HE-400I and the Schiit stack. For my home theatre system, the single-most expensive product is my subwoofer (at about 1.3k USD).

Of all the earbuds, the EMX500 has been my favourite so far, and I use it with 1 hiegi full foam + 1 VE foam. The monk+ is worse with almost non-existent bass. Apart from the quantity of bass, I realise the bass slam and low the bass extends are important as well. Treble isn't important to me at all. With this in mind, I'm wondering which of the TOTL earbuds would be the most suited assuming I do not EQ at all? Am hoping to snag something on the 11.11 sale.
Can you please compare the emx500 and the svara L. I am torn between these two.
I like a impactful and thumping bass with good treble and clarity. I dont mind a slightly recessed midrange as long as the quality is good.

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #24,339 of 75,073
@Paradoxus : Here is ctaxxxx Earbuds List. If you concern on bass slam, these three might be your short-listed.
1) Rose Mojito + try well-known brand upgraded cables to suit your preference. (If you are not anti-cable or cable hater, Mojito doesn't have cold tonality once the 'right' upgraded cable is paired.)
2) Cyherus Campfred 2
3) ABNormal Sound Diomnes Lv.2 (For this one, you have to send the original Monk (not monk+) to ABNormal for modding.

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #24,341 of 75,073
Anyone heard the V-friends from Thailand?
Also for long term owner of K300 samsara, is it still as good as in the early days?
Thanks

I still love the Samsaras, but I find myself using the K600s more these days. Mainly because I'm in a post bop/cool/vocal jazz listening period and the somewhat more neutral tuning on the K600s pairs very well with these genres.

there is many TY Hi-Z earbuds. are they any good? i see that there is 'new' TY Hi-Z F300M (300ohm)

I love the tuning of the Seahf buds and prefer the Seahf tuning over the TY Hi-Z tuning on all the interchangeable models I have. I'm done with buying more TY Hi-Z buds, but I will continue to collect Seahf.
I guess people prefer one of the tunings over the other so if someone who like TY Hi-Z recommend them, you need to know their take on the Seahf tuning. :)

Why not get the 1more e1008
I prefer not to buy anything over $50 without detachable cable.

Funny that these buds turn up in the thread right now. The 1MORE DESIGN Official Store is offering them at what seems like a decent price on Singles day.
www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32777460024.html?
Please note that the link don't show the 11:11 price, you have to back out to the stores main page to see the Singles day price.

I remember the ones buying them when they were introduced were kind of disappointed that they were not TOTL buds give the high introduction price.
Could any of you who bought the give some feed back if they are worth getting at the 11:11 price point?

Also. I've put a couple of Edifier H180 and P180 in my cart, because they will be featured during 11:11 in the Edifier official store, but mainly so I can have some buds to experiment with.
http://edifierglobal.aliexpress.com/store/3169011?

So does it matter if I get the H- or P-series? Which one is it that is used for Red De'mun and Edimun?

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #24,343 of 75,073
I still love the Samsaras, but I find myself using the K600s more these days. Mainly because I'm in a post bop/cool/vocal jazz listening period and the somewhat more neutral tuning on the K600s pairs very well with these genres.

I love the tuning of the Seahf buds and prefer the Seahf tuning over the TY Hi-Z tuning on all the interchangeable models I have. I'm done with buying more TY Hi-Z buds, but I will continue to collect Seahf.
Yay another Seahf lover :cartwheel: So are you saying samsara are more "fun" next to K's 600? do you have any 600ohm+ earbuds you can compare it to?

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #24,345 of 75,073
Yay another Seahf lover :cartwheel: So are you saying samsara are more "fun" next to K's 600? do you have any 600ohm+ earbuds you can compare it to?

Let's say the Samsaras are more engaging than the K600s. So if you want to take on a more active/analytical listening approach to the music, the K600 are better suited.
I have all my gear listed in my profile page. :)
TY Hi-Z HP650 are all too dull in the tuning for my liking. Too much focus on the lower end, but still not managing to be brilliant in the low end.
Seahf AWK-F650S are not bad at all. Solid all the way around. One step above the K300 Pro/Seahf Smart 1.0 and around or about the K500, but still a step/few steps behind the K300 Samsara and K600.
But it's impossible for me to do an exact rank of the buds. It has so much to do with what source I'm listening to and the kind of music I'm playing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back