Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #22,021 of 75,144
Wow the graphene buds seem to change the future of earbuds. If a DIY graphene earbud already sounds that good, I do want to know what happens when something like VE / TY HiZ / Shozy etc starts making those.

I really like the DIY Graphene earbud, but I don't think the driver has a real graphene membrane. I think at best it might be graphene coated, but it could even just be marketing BS. I opened mine up and took some photos of the inside. Here they are:

Still, it is a very nice earbud imo.

@kurtextrem : It can't be a "real graphene membrane" : graphene is just a "simple layer" of graphite. So, if it is the total membrane, it is in "graphite", of course... :wink:

Graphene.png

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #22,023 of 75,144
@kurtextrem : It can't be a "real graphene membrane" : graphene is just a "simple layer" of graphite. So, if it is the total membrane, it is in "graphite", of course... :wink:

It seems there has been a real graphene earphone membrane made in a lab, check out this link, but you are right, this membrane would have to be super thin if it was a single layer of graphene. Maybe they sprinkled some graphite on the membrane and dubbed it a graphene driver lol.

Aug 7, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #22,024 of 75,144
A hint of subbass. Thats all i meed for earbud (subbass) . My 320 ohm can produce almost speaker like sound. The bass response that trick the brain. Thumping my chest. Lol

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #22,025 of 75,144
I really like the DIY Graphene earbud, but I don't think the driver has a real graphene membrane. I think at best it might be graphene coated, but it could even just be marketing BS. I opened mine up and took some photos of the inside. Here they are:

Still, it is a very nice earbud imo.

I hope in the near future we'll see more drivers like that with real graphene:

What sort of sound signature do you like?

More of an analytical sound signature? Something more neutral and natural? Warm sound with deep and boomy bass (like some people here)?

I'd suggest the old apple earbud + PowerAmp for the biggest boomy bass!
Dr5csPT.png

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #22,026 of 75,144
I hope in the near future we'll see more drivers like that with real graphene:

I'd suggest the old apple earbud + PowerAmp for the biggest boomy bass!
Dr5csPT.png
Do you know if old apple earbud with mic actually available somewhere? I am talking about the same which used to come with iPod Nano 1G but that was without Mic. Later they reduced the driver size and sound was also somewhat thin and not as warm as it used to be in iPod nano 1G earbuds. My Nano earbuds are broken unfortunately :frowning2:

A hint of subbass. Thats all i meed for earbud (subbass) . My 320 ohm can produce almost speaker like sound. The bass response that trick the brain. Thumping my chest. Lol
I guess they are not loud and you need to use at least 80-90% of volume. Right? Even Hi-Z 150/150s also. And No mic version or there is any?

Any Review of MusicMaker TP16?
Also, which one is correct as one says Freq response from 8-25000 and one says 15-28000. Sensitivity is also different which are 113 and 91. If 91, then I guess it will be almost impossible to hear until you put the volume on 100%.

https://goo.gl/YF3Eef

https://goo.gl/eKAFjY

[Merging posts - again!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 7, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #22,027 of 75,144
I really like the DIY Graphene earbud, but I don't think the driver has a real graphene membrane. I think at best it might be graphene coated, but it could even just be marketing BS.
It's just marketing, and it isn't even anything new. The **** PT15 also claims to have a graphene driver and it's been around for awhile:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Unit-HIFI-Earplug-With-MMCX/32752982333.html

Aug 7, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #22,028 of 75,144
It's just marketing, and it isn't even anything new. The **** PT15 also claims to have a graphene driver and it's been around for awhile:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Unit-HIFI-Earplug-With-MMCX/32752982333.html
I already read somewhere that's indeed just a graphene coating... it's a new type of driver developed at the end of last year and to our knowledge seems **** pt15 was indeed one of the first comercial earpiece to use it, then came the Xiaomi Pro HD iem, and now seems to be on more products!

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #22,030 of 75,144
Interesting and a little frightning too!
So, firstly, after I ask a friend to try the MX500 with my listening volume and he yeal What it'S so LOUD! I conclude I listen music very loudly for real and perhaps this is the real problem....I feel kind of unlucky cause my second favorite earbud MrZ Tomahawk rattle too in one side now:frowning2: (thi is less normal than MX500 I think...perhaps a hair enter it?).
But, my instinct tell me it's perhaps the somewhat tiny loosy cable that go inside earshell that vibrate and create rattling when bass is super loud. DO you think it can just be that?
Brighter source look like to prompt the problem too.
Will try just taping the cable so i'm sure it do not share...but the one connected back of drivers can be the problem.
Any picture of what is inside MX500???

Welcome to the tinnitus club! If not a member today you will be in the not too distant future.

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #22,033 of 75,144
More shall join us. Our numbers will swell.
Another member of the club here, checking in :)

Thinking about buying the TY Hi-Z 150 Ohm bud, to match it with the Zishan Z2. Just have the Monk Plus as earbud; do you think it's going to be an improvement??. I like detail and soundstage as my sound firm.
150s' bass and treble extends lower and higher, respectively, compared to the Monk+. Mids are neither far nor in your face. Average soundstage.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #22,035 of 75,144
Waiting VE Nirvana soon..

Does anyone have any info on the VE Nirvana? New member to the VE Family? Zen replacement? Bud or IEM? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back