Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 13, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #18,841 of 74,619
Thanks silverfishla! Ur hack from the last time was awesome though abit too big for comfort. This looks perfect though and IIRC u also from SG? If so can we get it easily at homefix or something?

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #18,842 of 74,619
  I'd recommend HE150 for better quality bassy earbuds for (still, at 14$) very little money! I have Qian39 too and they're nice, but knowing what I know now I would have probably skipped them. I have quite a few earbuds waiting for all my better ones to break now before I'll ever touch them again, way way back in the drawer style.. I found the Qian39's to have good quantity but bad quality bass, not leaving an impactful impression but instead feeling loose and flabby. It's a very pleasant earbud in a way, laid back, easy to listen to comfortable sound with old recordings. However, recordings I knew well I noticed that it's not very detailed. Almost no depth to the soundstage to my ear, a very '2D' sound. I have some buds to compare between (Monk v1, Monk+, TY HP32 v1, Qian39, HE150 & K's 500 ) but for 14$ the HE150 is a steal, really where it's at in terms of bang for buck I think.. It also has a sturdy L-shaped connector. Usually I find with cheaper buds that the connectors are weak points for daily wear and tear, especially straight jacks. Riding along in pockets is much easier on L-jacks, from my experience at least. Really full bass that goes down low and still has some punch and growl to it, not the tightest but definitely not flabby. It can also be pushed *way* harder than al previously mentioned buds apart from K's 500. Soundstage is really good on them too..

Descriptions of the HE150 gives an impression that its another version of Bug Guy's 150Ohm driver like Seahf 150 (which I have) and TY Hi-Z 150. Maybe someone can confirm. Anyway the HE150 seems like a great bargain (BTW Seahf 150 is also on sale at $14 for the moment).

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #18,843 of 74,619
@ClieOS here's a picture
Could you somehow confirm if its the same sound signature as TY Hi-Z 650. From reviews it seems that the either the TY 650 or 450 would suit me. It might seem silly but its the red color of both TY which is putting me off. I like the look of the Seahf and am really hoping its similar to the TY.

Haven't heard it and thus I can't confirm anything about it.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #18,844 of 74,619

Haven't heard it and thus I can't confirm anything about it.

Its weird how last year Seahf earbuds were all the rage and how now their is no love. Seems to me like Seahf has been almost completely superceded by TY Hi-Z. I know its not worth to walk this path again but its still not clear to me what's the connection between Seahf & TY (if any) 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #18,845 of 74,619
  Its weird how last year Seahf earbuds were 
Its weird how last year Seahf earbuds were all the rage and how now their is no love. Seems to me like Seahf has been almost completely superceded by TY Hi-Z. I know its not worth to walk this path again but its still not clear to me what's the connection between Seahf & TY (if any) 
confused_face(1).gif

Don't have a clue too, but mine TY 32 and Seahf 32 sound almost exactly the same...

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #18,846 of 74,619
  Descriptions of the HE150 gives an impression that its another version of Bug Guy's 150Ohm driver like Seahf 150 (which I have) and TY Hi-Z 150. Maybe someone can confirm. Anyway the HE150 seems like a great bargain (BTW Seahf 150 is also on sale at $14 for the moment).

I just got the HE150 in the mail today. It seems like a fantastic bargain! I wish I didn't buy my **** PT15's and K 64's right now. Those headphones are useless to me (first impressions, especially for the ****).

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #18,847 of 74,619
hey guys i just purchased the rose masya and burned it in for around 50 hours now, so far it sounds amazing and its really good. If only I knew earbuds was better suited to my preference than IEM's then I would've gone the earbud route wayy wayyy before. It rivals even the TOTL IEM's when it comes to overall sound resolution and soundstage at just 1/10 of their prices.

The Rose Masya is really good, but for a classical/orchestra/intrumental listener like me, would the Rose Mojito would be a decent upgrade over it??
Or are there any other high end earbuds that would beat it. I'm a treble head and soundstage addict. I like bass but I won't care as long as it has good soundstage and treble.

Price isn't an issue, I purchased lots of 800$ + IEM's and I would never look back again after hearing how amazing earbuds are. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #18,848 of 74,619

The Rose Masya is really good, but for a classical/orchestra/intrumental listener like me, would the Rose Mojito would be a decent upgrade over it??

Yea Mojito great for instrumental music;get the blue version of mojito which is the new upgraded one.Compare to mayasa it is definitely a huge upgrade.
For all rounder you can get ve zen black 2.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #18,849 of 74,619
  Yea Mojito great for instrumental music;get the blue version of mojito which is the new upgraded one.Compare to mayasa it is definitely a huge upgrade.
For all rounder you can get ve zen black 2.

why whats the problem with the clear ones? I like the looks of the clear ones and its also cheaper than the blue ones. Are there some QC issues with it?

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #18,851 of 74,619
  @Danneq
I was wondering how thick, stiff, heavy and the feel in touch is he cable of your Diomnes Lv2. 
rolleyes.gif

The cable is the tickest one I've ever seen on a pair of earbuds. It is however not as stiff as the cardas cable on CAX Black. It feels a bit soft to the touch but there is some sort of plastic covering the wires.
I would say it looks very similar to this one...

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #18,852 of 74,619
I have just received the TY Hi-Z 32: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TY-Hi-Z-HiFi-Super-Bass-Earphone-Sports-Headsets-Luxury-Clear-Voice-3-5mm-Wired-In/32776941043.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.Hy8jiN

Have been using the Monk+ in the last weeks, the first thing that I noticed with the TY is the much higher sensitivity, it makes the music sound "rougher" but damn that energy. Bass is present but well controlled. They sound to me as a refined Qian39. No burn it yet though.

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #18,853 of 74,619
The Yinman 150 have arrived, and I'm really impressed. Having quite disliked the Yinman 64, I didn't have great expectations.

The 150's are fairly warm sounding, and quite different to my usual preferred sound signature, but with rock and metal music the percussion sounds fantastic, definitely its major strength in my opinion. Rock/metal guitars and bass sound great as well, listening to Iron Maiden's Killers album on these sounds really impressive.

Vocals sound great, albeit they take a backseat compared to some of my earbuds. No harsh peaks anywhere, which suits me down to the ground, but those looking primarily for a bright treble would be disappointed I'd think.

The fit is perfect as well, which surprised me, I didn't realise they'd be quite so light and comfortable.

Gosh they're ugly though :-D These on my Walnut, the setup looks so low-tech.. but sounds so good!

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #18,854 of 74,619
  I just got the HE150 in the mail today. It seems like a fantastic bargain! I wish I didn't buy my **** PT15's and K 64's right now. Those headphones are useless to me (first impressions, especially for the ****).

Not sure what kind of music you're into, but give PT15 a try with acoustic guitar or maybe piano. Maybe you find them surprisingly good. I know I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back