Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #605 of 75,075
anyone tried the Dasetn Mod M760, how is it compared to m2c or anv3?

Greatly superior to both, but quality may vary from earbud to earbud.

Paypal seems to be broken on their website, and the quantities they offer are too high for DIY - I'm not 100% sure Dasetn is really behind dasetn.com.

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #606 of 75,075
I have placed an order in dasetn website. I had some issue with the PayPal transaction but he has assured me that the order went through. I'm awaiting receipt at this time.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #607 of 75,075
I have placed an order in dasetn website. I had some issue with the PayPal transaction but he has assured me that the order went through. I'm awaiting receipt at this time.

You didn't get this?

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #608 of 75,075

You didn't get this?

I did see that at first but when I did it again the order went through.

Did you create an account on the site? I think once I did that I was able to place the order. I never received an invoice or anything so I was nervous but I contacted him on here. Language barrier caused an issue but we got it squared away. Turns out the buds are in Orlando as of today and should be here tomorrow.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #609 of 75,075
  I did see that at first but when I did it again the order went through.

Did you create an account on the site? I think once I did that I was able to place the order. I never received an invoice or anything so I was nervous but I contacted him on here. Language barrier caused an issue but we got it squared away. Turns out the buds are in Orlando as of today and should be here tomorrow.

Their website makes a bit uneasy.

I left a message in their contact form - no reaction.
The real Dasetn stopped answering my emails weeks ago.
His eBay store has nothing new listed since last June - people don't walk away from 6437 feedback so easily.
Paypal shows an error message, yet the website takes your Paypal login info - big red flag.
Richard Ray, who is registered as Dasetn.com MOT here, obviously is not really called Richard Ray - English is clearly not his mother tongue.

Maybe all this is just a coincidence, and both website and Richard are legit, but it just looks very suspicious.
If Paypal worked fine, I'd buy every single IEM and earbud they are selling, as their M760 is fantastic!

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #610 of 75,075
I sent Dasetn a message on Ebay about 2 weeks ago, wondering if I could buy a pair of M760. He sent me this reply:
 hi,you can go to my website , dasetn (dog) com , new item ie8 sound mod ..thank you

I've given it a shot and ordered 3 pairs of earbuds (M760, M3 & M1). I only had good experiences when dealing with Dasetn on Ebay, and when I sent him a message about his earbuds in January he replied and wondered if I wanted to become a reseller in Sweden. I replied that I'm just a user who likes his earbuds. He replied:
 Respect of customer, very glad you can tell me all this! Next year I plan to set up web site, will launch more products. Ebay charge high fees, if you like my headphones, we can paypal deal. I can be a musician, I plan to carry out research and development of a team to headphones.

I think that his intentions are honest and I hope he's not getting in over his head with the new web site. If bad word of mouth starts spreading it would be bad for him.

About the Blox BE5, it's typical that it's released and sold out in a 2 hour period when I'm away from the computer...

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #611 of 75,075
  I sent Dasetn a message on Ebay about 2 weeks ago, wondering if I could buy a pair of M760. He sent me this reply:

I've given it a shot and ordered 3 pairs of earbuds (M760, M3 & M1). I only had good experiences when dealing with Dasetn on Ebay, and when I sent him a message about his earbuds in January he replied and wondered if I wanted to become a reseller in Sweden. I replied that I'm just a user who likes his earbuds. He replied:

I think that his intentions are honest and I hope he's not getting in over his head with the new web site. If bad word of mouth starts spreading it would be bad for him.

About the Blox BE5, it's typical that it's released and sold out in a 2 hour period when I'm away from the computer...

Well, if the website is really related to Dasetn, I guess it should be OK.
Although the Paypal thing really bothers me...

When did you purchase and how did you pay?

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #612 of 75,075
I'm positive that it's the same seller that I bought stuff on Ebay from. This is the e-mail address of the seller from yesterday when I ordered the earbuds: dasetn360@gmail.com
It's the same as when I bought from him on Ebay. His real name seems to be Lei Yuling. I've got the same name on the newest order and from when I bought from him on Ebay last year.

I'm still taking a chance with this order. When I first bought my pair of MX1 last year it never arrived and I wrote that to him. He refunded the $16 and I placed a new order. This time he added $4 in shipping but since the earbuds arrived this time it was okay.

I paid using Paypal and got the same error message as in the screen dump you posted. I decided to take a chance and could later confirm that it was the same old e-mail address that was the recepient.

You could always order a cheaper earbud at first and after that arrives order a pair of M760...

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #613 of 75,075
  I'm positive that it's the same seller that I bought stuff on Ebay from. This is the e-mail address of the seller from yesterday when I ordered the earbuds: dasetn360@gmail.com
It's the same as when I bought from him on Ebay. His real name seems to be Lei Yuling. I've got the same name on the newest order and from when I bought from him on Ebay last year.

I'm still taking a chance with this order. When I first bought my pair of MX1 last year it never arrived and I wrote that to him. He refunded the $16 and I placed a new order. This time he added $4 in shipping but since the earbuds arrived this time it was okay.

I paid using Paypal and got the same error message as in the screen dump you posted. I decided to take a chance and could later confirm that it was the same old e-mail address that was the recepient.

You could always order a cheaper earbud at first and after that arrives order a pair of M760...

I already have 2 pairs of M760.
Did you have to register to use Paypal? Did you receive an email receipt from Paypal?

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #615 of 75,075
Thats reassuring to know that its likely safe to order from the web site.  I was interested in placing an order for the various buds he had up there, especially the mx760 variant.  I was a bit scared off however when I saw that paypal warning message, but I possibly think it could be more due to lazy site coding than an actual issue if the payment was actually sent and received.  Think I might go ahead and order myself a pair or two, having missed out on the BE5 this morning :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back