Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 14, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,247 of 75,143
Bought Mrice E100 from Amazon IT and JiuShao E300 from Aliexpress. I'm not so sure about dirt cheap headphones being higher rated than some of my favourites that costed me more than twice as much, but maybe I've been a fool all along and high quality can really be found for low prices. Both are rated higher than the AKG K319 which is probably my favourite earbud ever (costed 70€). The E100 should come pretty soon and I'll post a review, the JiuShao comes from China so it will take at least two weeks (won't pay custom taxes because price is low enough). Last 2 times I bought obscure chinese brand cheap earbuds in local stores they were literally unlistenable so I have a bit of a bias against them.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #1,248 of 75,143
In addition, VE Asura 150 Ohm great playing with my Meizu MX2 without power amp.. Volume 50℅

Very interested in Asura, but really not sure if my phone can drive it. Currently with my PK3, I already need to set preamp (poweramp) to maximum and volume at about 60%+ while taking bus, 50% at home. This is mainly due to all my songs containing ReplayGain.

What should I buy given the info I gave you? Should I get one of those chinese sub $20 earbuds like the Baldoor/Mrice E100, Edifier H180? Or get another high end earbud? On the high end I was looking at the AudioTechnica CHX7 which is a hybrid earbud. I was also considering the Sony STH30 headset which according to reviews should be similar to the Apple Airpods or whatever they're called but better sounding. Also what about those VE (Venture Electronics) that I keep hearing about, any way to buy them in Europe?

Please respond, and thanks in advance.

Is CHX7 high end? They are available from CDJapan at 40 bucks with shipping, while around 45 for CHX7IS.
I would love to try it as well, so far I have only tested CHX5, and I don't like it, but CHX7 is said to have a different signature/tuning.

Quote:
  Bought Mrice E100 from Amazon IT and JiuShao E300 from Aliexpress. I'm not so sure about dirt cheap headphones being higher rated than some of my favourites that costed me more than twice as much, but maybe I've been a fool all along and high quality can really be found for low prices. Both are rated higher than the AKG K319 which is probably my favourite earbud ever (costed 70€). The E100 should come pretty soon and I'll post a review, the JiuShao comes from China so it will take at least two weeks (won't pay custom taxes because price is low enough). Last 2 times I bought obscure chinese brand cheap earbuds in local stores they were literally unlistenable so I have a bit of a bias against them.

Looking forward to your reviews, especially the indeed dirt cheap JiuShao ^^

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,253 of 75,143
My pair of Awei ES10 has just arrived. I bought them out of curiosity.
They sound nice, but I wouldn't call them bassy.
There is some sibilance which I hope that will disappear after the burn-in period.

I'm already thinking about what to buy next. I want more detailed highs.
Any suggestions?

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,254 of 75,143
  My pair of Awei ES10 has just arrived. I bought them out of curiosity.
They sound nice, but I wouldn't call them bassy.
There is some sibilance which I hope that will disappear after the burn-in period.

I'm already thinking about what to buy next. I want more detailed highs.
Any suggestions?

Weird, I would describe them the completely opposite way.  

Super bassy for me with no sibilance at all.  Strange....  Maybe I'm just getting a much better seal?

For what to buy next.  I STRONGLY suggest the VE Monk when it comes out very soon.

And the Suvov S20:  http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/19980338125.html

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #1,255 of 75,143
I want to buy those Suvov's, but this is what the mistertao.com page says after 3-5 seconds, and I it doesn't let me buy the product:

Dear Customer,

All products related to keywords "vov" are banned to sell.
Please try to search other products you like. Thank you!

Mistertao team.

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,258 of 75,143
I have a hard time believing that headphones that cost less than the material they're made of are going to sound any good. Sure, if they don't sound absolutely awful it's still going to be a good deal for $2, but good deal and good sound are two very different thing.

I'd rather have a bad deal and buy something good than having an amazing deal on something awful.

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #1,260 of 75,143
  MRK1, what earbud would you buy? 

I don't know, I just said I have a hard time believing that a $2 earbud would sound any good. If no-name chinese company #38756 can make "good" earbuds for $2 then everyone else is either doing it wrong or getting scammed. Right now I bought the Earbell and the JiuShao, because I have an easier time believing that $20 earbuds can sound good, since I have a few that costed me around that price and were definitely ok or good. But a $2 one sounding good? I'm doubtful.

I'll give you another example. Let's assume the Earbell is as good as the AKG K319, which costed $70. Remove the brand name, fancy package, fancy accessories, and cheaper manufacturing (no metal grills, no inline volume, no extension cable) from the K319 and you can get an identical earbud that costs around $20, right? So it makes sense that the Earbell can sound as good as a headphone that cost 3x its price. But even being very generous saying that the $2 suvov is worth 5 times the price, that's sure a good deal but I don't recall any $10 earbud creating good sound, and I've had plenty. The cheapest one I have now is the AKG Y15 which costs 15€, and it sounds just decent. So if you want a decent earbud just hit the shopping mall and get the AKG Y15 which has good build quality, you don't have to wait a million years for it to get delivered, and you can take it back if it's defective out of the box.

Do you get what I'm saying?

But then again who knows, I don't have the Suvov, I can't even get the site to let me buy them (I get the "vov" banned message too), maybe some unknown acoustics genius engineer is working at Suvov and pumping out $2 earbuds by the truckload for the world to enjoy audio bliss, and I'm just a fool who gets tricked by fancy packages and brand names
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back