Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 22, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #8,853 of 76,341
Hype train is over I guess. I am kind if puzzled as how they got rated above Snozys... They are not bad, but not that special...

I stopped using my monks in prefference to the RX-1. No hype for me. 

IMO RX-1>Monk Plus>Fiio EM3>Apple earbuds>Fareal. I enjoy earbuds but these are not my preference for listening. Im still a full size headphone guy so I might be looking for something different in the sound of earbuds as the more seasoned earbud guys do.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #8,854 of 76,341

Havent touched my monk+ since all my other buds turned up. They are so veiled its not funny. No contest against the RX-1, easily one of the best sounding budget earbuds you can buy. With the right fit.. fit changes them dramatically.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #8,855 of 76,341

IMO RX-1>Monk Plus>Fiio EM3>Apple earbuds>Fareal. I enjoy earbuds but these are not my preference for listening. Im still a full size headphone guy so I might be looking for something different in the sound of earbuds as the more seasoned earbud guys do.

I personally like them more than Monks. What I question is their rating above Cygnus....

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #8,856 of 76,341
I personally like them more than Monks. What I question is their rating above Cygnus....

Its one man's opinion.  What is there to question?  We all hear differently and appreciate different things.  We had this discussion before in that we are just thankful he took his time to share his opinion of his large collection with us.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #8,857 of 76,341

Its just a rating made by an enthusiast. Everyones input has value but at times has to be taken with a grain of salt. We shouldn't put reviewers in such a high pedestal and just decide for ourselves. I guess your use of the word "hype" threw me off. My experience with reviewed products have been hit and miss. I would say its been 50/50 coming from direct communications with the reviewers. As the saying goes "YMMV".

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #8,858 of 76,341
The "Hype" was caused alot by the price and the possible value which came true.  The VX Pro got put higher than the Cygnus too but it cost like $70.   I think only Golov bought it so far and he buys basically everything anyways.  

I agree the Cygnus is better than the RX1.  Opinions just needed to be given without criticizing other people opinions.  The list has already been pulled before right after a couple people came in saying there was no way an earbud should be on the list after they used the list to decide to buy something.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #8,859 of 76,341
I would still recommend it to people wanting that sort of signature for the price it's at. There is not much that competes with it for even double its price. It's still not my sound though, or i would be using it and not the monks.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #8,862 of 76,341
  Its one man's opinion.  What is there to question?  We all hear differently and appreciate different things.  We had this discussion before in that we are just thankful he took his time to share his opinion of his large collection with us.

Absolutely. There is no need to get hyper about my opinion or his. And there is certainly much more weight to his opinion over mine. I certainly mean no disrespect to him or anyone else. But why can't I question his or anyone else's opinion? Not sure what I wrote that justifies your kind of tone Spider fan. If you want to explain in a polite and civilized manner I would appreciate it.

In any way I need to understand this at least for myself. I am now thinking that this difference in opinions comes from the difference in music that I listen to and he listens. Maybe my set up... And the reason why I need to know is that IF I decide to go further and spend 2+ bills for Rose Mojito I want to make sure that I can trust and rely opinions of others... 

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #8,863 of 76,341

Its just a rating made by an enthusiast. Everyones input has value but at times has to be taken with a grain of salt. We shouldn't put reviewers in such a high pedestal and just decide for ourselves. I guess your use of the word "hype" threw me off. My experience with reviewed products have been hit and miss. I would say its been 50/50 coming from direct communications with the reviewers. As the saying goes "YMMV".

Everyone loved them when they started to arrive. Few pages back there was 'hype' about them. Now enthusiasm seems to cool down based on the last few posts. At least that's how it seems to me...

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #8,864 of 76,341
  The "Hype" was caused alot by the price and the possible value which came true.  The VX Pro got put higher than the Cygnus too but it cost like $70.   I think only Golov bought it so far and he buys basically everything anyways.  

I agree the Cygnus is better than the RX1.  Opinions just needed to be given without criticizing other people opinions.  The list has already been pulled before right after a couple people came in saying there was no way an earbud should be on the list after they used the list to decide to buy something.

I used the word "question". Questioning is not criticizing in my book. There was nothing negative on my post towards ClieOS. I am just questioning why he rated them so high. Nothing wrong with questioning... They are right below Mojito's. I am very intrigued by Mojito. I do not mind paying 20 bucks to try RX-1... Paying considerably more for Rose and not finding them to be superior to Cygnus would be very disappointing to me... So I need to understand how RX-1 got better review than Cygnus. I hope I made myself clear. There is absolutely no bad intention on my part towards anyone or anyones opinion here.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #8,865 of 76,341
I don't know if this is just me, but the soundstage has really opened up on the Cygnus after a lot of burn-in. It's really quite good now. I can hear instrument seperation and background vs foreground so clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back