Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #64,936 of 75,136
There must be a method to the madness… LOL

I don't know man. Have you ever talked/typed with @WoodyLuvr and @ian91 ? I'm not sure there's any room left for the method with that much madness involved...😜

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #64,938 of 75,136
I don't know man. Have you ever talked/typed with @WoodyLuvr and @ian91 ? I'm not sure there's any room left for the method with that much madness involved...😜
Ah, nothing like a few mad geniuses in our midst to spread their mad methods around. Kinda goes with that crazy thing from some pages back...

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #64,939 of 75,136
Figured I would give Toneking a try, have a pair of Viridis en route. No stopping the collection now.

I'm stoked to hear what you think! I'm a big fan of the Viridis, but I know there are others who don't share my affection for it. Please keep me/us posted on your impressions.

Congratulations on the buds! They're one of the coolest looking pairs around.

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #64,941 of 75,136
I'm stoked to hear what you think! I'm a big fan of the Viridis, but I know there are others who don't share my affection for it. Please keep me/us posted on your impressions.

Congratulations on the buds! They're one of the coolest looking pairs around.
The Viridis have been on my eh maybe list for a while now. I guess I could not justify waiting on aliexpress, which really is not a valid excuse tbh. Stumbled on a decent priced used pair so why not. Honestly, I am not a fan of mmcx and I did give Smabot's M3 Pro a try so hoping these prove to be worthy to keep.

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #64,942 of 75,136
The Viridis have been on my eh maybe list for a while now. I guess I could not justify waiting on aliexpress, which really is not a valid excuse tbh. Stumbled on a decent priced used pair so why not. Honestly, I am not a fan of mmcx and I did give Smabot's M3 Pro a try so hoping these prove to be worthy to keep.

The Viridis do some VERY special things with soundstage and the upper mid sweetness combined with extended treble and detail, IMO. When you find tracks/albums/artists that click with them, it's insane just how awesome they sound! I don't want to go too far into deacribing it because I don't want to influence your impressions, but I'm actually physically excited to see what you think!

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #64,943 of 75,136
Did anyone make it by CanJam SoCal today or is anyone going tomorrow? I just went by for a little bit to audition the DCA Expanse because I had a reserve slot and I made quick stops by the ZMF, Burson, and Wells Audio exhibits to try a few things out real quick, buy was unfortunately too busy to stay. I'm hoping to have more time to just go and wander tomorrow.

My wallet isn't thanking me though because, while I still actually prefer the sound of the Stealths, I clicked with the Expanse in the way I was hoping I might click with other TOTL open backs like the LCD-4&5 and Susvara but didn't.

The event could really use some earbuds though...😉

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #64,944 of 75,136
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #64,945 of 75,136
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #64,946 of 75,136
Did anyone make it by CanJam SoCal today or is anyone going tomorrow? I just went by for a little bit to audition the DCA Expanse because I had a reserve slot and I made quick stops by the ZMF, Burson, and Wells Audio exhibits to try a few things out real quick, buy was unfortunately too busy to stay. I'm hoping to have more time to just go and wander tomorrow.

My wallet isn't thanking me though because, while I still actually prefer the sound of the Stealths, I clicked with the Expanse in the way I was hoping I might click with other TOTL open backs like the LCD-4&5 and Susvara but didn't.

The event could really use some earbuds though...😉

Were you able to listen to the Utopia '22? I sold my stealth while back as I didn't have any amp to properly drive it, but I want to try the DCA Expanse now.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #64,947 of 75,136
Were you able to listen to the Utopia '22? I sold my stealth while back as I didn't have any amp to properly drive it, but I want to try the DCA Expanse now.

Sadly no, I wanted to try it since people are saying it's a good improvement over the last Utopias which I just auditioned a few months ago. I wasn't super impressed by them, but some of the comments I have seen on the 2022s suggest that they may have fixed some areas I had a few niggles with.

I'll try again tomorrow if I get a chance, though it'd just be for funsies since I ordered the Expanse this evening so I certainly won't be buying anymore expensive headphones for a while. I'll report back to you if I get to check them out tomorrow for sure!

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #64,948 of 75,136
Fiio has released pricing for FF5. It is 150 usd. Quite expensive but if it is to be an improvement over FF3, it might worth it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1663477338931.jpg
    FB_IMG_1663477338931.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #64,949 of 75,136
Fiio has released pricing for FF5. It is 150 usd. Quite expensive but if it is to be an improvement over FF3, it might worth it.

Count me in! With how good the FF3 is, there's no way my curiosity will leave me alone until I try it.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #64,950 of 75,136
Count me in! With how good the FF3 is, there's no way my curiosity will leave me alone until I try it.
Same, but I’m afraid I may have to ship them elsewhere…. Once my wife sees them: well, I’m gonna have some ‘splanin to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back